• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lexmichaelpg

Reaction score
I'm Lex, I'm 33 years old and I live in NYC. 5'7", 165.

I used to be a bit more #menswear, especially since I was in office jobs throughout my 20s. I kept my suiting pretty casual and louche (think Neopolitan proportions).

During the pandemic I got laid off and saw the value in opening up my tastes a bit. I still like to keep my suiting proportions/ instincts where I can, but lately I've been more into denim, caps, boots, tee shirts, jewelry, etc. Still keeping things flowy.

I see this forum as an opportunity gain even more perspective on clothes, how to wear them, and the different interpretations of menswear.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Lex, I'm 33 years old and I live in NYC. 5'7", 165.

I used to be a bit more #menswear, especially since I was in office jobs throughout my 20s. I kept my suiting pretty casual and louche (think Neopolitan proportions).

During the pandemic I got laid off and saw the value in opening up my tastes a bit. I still like to keep my suiting proportions/ instincts where I can, but lately I've been more into denim, caps, boots, tee shirts, jewelry, etc. Still keeping things flowy.

I see this forum as an opportunity gain even more perspective on clothes, how to wear them, and the different interpretations of menswear.
Hi Lex, you live in the ‘Mecca’ of American fashion. I’m fairly confident that you’ll find some inspiration here in your pursuit of expanding your sartorial journey. Welcome!

kelpie

Reaction score
Hello! I've been lurking for a couple of years now and finally registered. Have been bitten by the classic menswear (and watches! yikes!) bug quite hard and am excited to be part of the community as I progress on this sartorial journey. Currently based in the tri-state area and have met some very friendly people in the watch collecting community in-person already.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello! I've been lurking for a couple of years now and finally registered. Have been bitten by the classic menswear (and watches! yikes!) bug quite hard and am excited to be part of the community as I progress on this sartorial journey. Currently based in the tri-state area and have met some very friendly people in the watch collecting community in-person already.
Hi Kelpie, a comprehensive understanding of classic menswear is a great place to begin one’s sartorial journey. Glad to have you here, welcome!

ivysweatshirt

Reaction score
Hi! Longtime lurker finally making the jump. I've been deep into menswear, watches and denim for years, but becoming a convert mostly to get some help finding clothes that actually fit in Canada — I'm 5'4" on a good day and ~120lbs and have been struggling forever to find good quality, not-too-pricey menswear/workwear with classic proportions without absurd amounts of tailoring or going bespoke. Currently hunting for high-waisted chinos in a Rubato Officer's Chino-like cut, but with a 26" waist.

If anyone here know where to start looking, let me know!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi! Longtime lurker finally making the jump. I've been deep into menswear, watches and denim for years, but becoming a convert mostly to get some help finding clothes that actually fit in Canada — I'm 5'4" on a good day and ~120lbs and have been struggling forever to find good quality, not-too-pricey menswear/workwear with classic proportions without absurd amounts of tailoring or going bespoke. Currently hunting for high-waisted chinos in a Rubato Officer's Chino-like cut, but with a 26" waist.

If anyone here know where to start looking, let me know!
Hello Ivysweatshirt, begin by perusing the site. Make a comparative analysis from the various conversation threads. Ask questions, learn as you go. There’s no one way to properly exlore. As it is said, seek & ye shall find. Welcome!

Whitefox009

Reaction score
Hi I'm Dave ,I'm from Wisconsin but currently on a business trip in New York and I came a crossed this site and was impressed so thought to give it a shot.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Dave ,I'm from Wisconsin but currently on a business trip in New York and I came a crossed this site and was impressed so thought to give it a shot.
Hi Dave, happy to have you here. Welcome!

Rashawswardrobe92

Reaction score
Hi my name is Rashaw, I live in Las Vegas, NV and am just starting out on my menswear journey. I am still in the exploration phase of finding my personal style,but I am starting to figure it out slowly.
Currently, I found out that I like tassle loafers. Anyway, that is my brief introduction.

BASch66

Reaction score
I’m new too Rashaw. Welcome. Have also been thinking about some tassel loafers. Would be curious to know what folks think about lug soled loafers? I’m a bigger guy, and many loafers feel too dainty or slipper like & make me feel self conscious as hell. The proportions feel wrong—fuller legged chinos or jeans on a large king with dainty loafers is uncomfortable for me. I’m talking casual wear. Generally speaking, are lug soled loafers, like the kind offered by Blackstock & Weber, considered too trendy or gauche for classic menswear enthusiasts? I like them, but was curious about the overall temp on lug soles loafers?

Roselius

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

student from Germany and crying often alone at night when looking at what men are wearing here. In high school I used to be the cautious navy-blue guy who wouldn't wear anything bold. Fortunately, this has changed.
I mostly wear chinos with shirts and some polos in summer. Although I'm more inclined to wear CM, I'm having a hard time wearing suits to uni or the office when my fellow students or colleagues wear H&M.
If there is one thing that characterises my style than it's that I like larger patterns. Small ones tend to look too busy in my opinion.
I'm glad that I found this forum on my sartorial journey and be able to exchange thoughts with others!

Thomas Auer

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a small shirtmaker from Austria, just starting out. I thought that might have been a great opportunity to start my styleforum journey again. I was rather active some years ago already but forgot my access date, so I thought of joining under my name. It's great to see, there's still so much engagement, since this forum was one of the reasons I started shirtmaking.
I'm looking forward to exchange ideas and knowledge with other members.

brooklyndad

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Paul, and I live in Brooklyn, NY. I'm trying to foster a more active interest in fashion, so I thought I'd start here. So far, I know what I like when I see it and what looks boring to me, but I sometimes have trouble putting styles together for myself. As a result, I've been a bit of a fashion coward for most of my adult life -- black t-shirts, dark indigo jeans, and some bluestones are staples. I'm interested in branching out and learning how to take some more colorful risks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads