Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Musella

Musella Senior member

Ciao a tutti,

I discovered this forum one month ago and I decided to sign up and present me.
    So, first of all my pleasure to meet you:
    I am Gianfrancesco Musella, tailor from Italy, Milano; we are master tailors by generetions: a family tradition and a trade within the family.
    My father worked for the old great Domenico Caraceni atelier in 1950 (the one that dressed as you may know Gianni Agnelli, Tyrone Power, Yves Saint Laurent, Cary Grant, Gary Cooper, Sophia Loren, Prince of Wales and so on). My aunt, the eyelet maker is now 78 and worked for good part of her life with all the most important tailor in Milano (Gianni Campagna, Mariano Rubinacci, Domenico Caraceni and so on).
    At today we own a Made-to-measure Atelier sited in the heart of Milano (near to Montenapoleone).

Gianfrancesco Musella Dembech

2. Carbon6595

Carbon6595 Member

I've been here for about a year and haven't introduced myself because I didn't know better. I am a full time student in Seattle. Joined the forum because of an interest in raw denim which has expanded to style in general. I like functional looks that include denim, and I'm not really interested in remaining "on-trend" as much as I am finding the right fits. Most of my posts are questions because I have no idea what I want to try.

3. acwvu

acwvu New Member

I'm Aaron. Just moved to Asheville for work and now slowly beginning to build a nice wardrobe. I've been a reader for awhile and finally created my own account. I have been interested in style for awhile, not so much fashion.

Like: Prep & Quality
    Dislike: Cheap Brand name quality.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012

4. Okuda

Okuda New Member

Hi all,

I'm Ken, and after lurking on this forum quite some time now, decided to finally sign up. A few years ago I started to get into Raw/Japanese Denim and high quality streetwear, and from there on grew more and more onto tailored clothing. Now I still enjoy wearing denim, but tailored clothing and dress shoes draw my attention much more than sneakers or streetwear like it did before.
    Since I'm still a student and have a long way to graduating from university, I don't have much to spend, but in the moment I'm trying to get some decent sport coats and dress pants as well as some dress shoes and another pair of boots to begin with. I'm especially looking to grab some stuff (and bargains!) on the marketplace and have a place to have nice chats with friendly people about things we enjoy.

Have a nice day and dress up!

5. jimbokones

jimbokones Member

Hi all,

I'm 26 and a graduate student located in southern California. I'm about to enter the "real" work world, and thus have decided it's time to start dressing like a grownup (if anyone doesn't get the reference, check out my fellow L.A. denizen Jesse's excellent blog). I've been a lurker on several boards here for some time, and so I finally decided to take the plunge and join up. Looking forward to some pleasant sartorial discussions!

6. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Hello guys,

Name's Rahul, I'm about to enter my second year in undergrad (NYU) and am studying Economics. I'm interested in style, and to an extent, "fashion" but I love all things menswear and reading up about any and all of the niches that populate the world of men's style. I've been a lurker for a while, and discovered the amazingness of thrifting on here, and just recently bit the bullet and bought my first thrifted items to try and pull in some spending money through resale, because everyone knows the woes of an undergrad in NYC haha. Currently about to take some basic sewing and etc courses at FIT and get more involved in the sartorial world, so we'll see how that goes. I'd love some advice on thrifting (I've been slowly plodding through the thrifting thread, it can get quite hairy haha) and I enjoy formal menswear as well as the streetwear side of things, with a tendency towards more classical, well-fitting clothes.

Also am a gearhead and history enthusiast.

Looking forward to engaging with this vibrant community!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012

7. thebeefsupreme

thebeefsupreme New Member

Hi all, I am a streetwear fiend! I am very interested in Japanese ill styles, regularly popping over to Tokyo to fill my suitcase with cotton treats.
    I am a rep for karma loop.com and plndr.com. If you shop on these sites please use my rep code (thebeefsupreme) to get a nice 20% or 10% discount.
    I am also a sneaker collector, I was mostly collecting Nike dunks but the last few years have been weak for new releases so I am on the look out for new styles to rock.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012

8. Acme

Acme Well-Known Member

Hello! I'm an AAAC member who's come over to hang out here as well. Great forum you've got!

9. ThomasPink

ThomasPink Member

Hi im Kevin, I like Thomas Pink shirts, BB ties, CK suits, and vintage tie clips.

10. tasselandbraces

tasselandbraces Member

I'm riton and I like 60s and 70s looks influenced by Ivy league stuffs

11. PooJou

PooJou Well-Known Member

Everyone - long time lurker, first time poster.

Car nut, love my shoes & tech and hate winter!

Also one of those hated suited management consultant types, so looking to add some value (horhor) in the business forums

12. LWHQ

LWHQ Member

Wassup everyone,

My name is Danny and I am from the UK :)

13. BruceOrtiz

BruceOrtiz Member

Hi this is Bruce .I am a business man who like to have information about ticketing

14. StevenB

StevenB Member

Hi there, I'm Steven from Australia. I'm a 21 year old University student who has recently discovered his passion for clothes, done an entire wardrobe overhaul and probably spent far, far too many hours studying clothing information since.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012

15. perthjay85

perthjay85 Member

hey everyone,

from a newbie in Perth western Australia. looking to expand my wardrobe into a blue collar worker/proffessional attire collection.

looking forward to reading some reviews and getting some ideas through this forum.

Enjoy everyone
    Jay