• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Dave, and I live/work in Manchester, England. I have a bit of thing for heritage (Northampton) shoe brands, which I'm trying to keep a lid on. Energy crisis, and all that. Here mainly for a bit of advice and guidance on brands, fit, and eagle-eyed forum members spotting knockdown prices!
Hi Dave, no argument from me. There are many excellent Northampton shoe brands. I'm happy to assist you with suggestions on brands and fit. It's what we do here. Welcome to the forum!

med.jeeves

Reaction score
Hello all. Nickname is Jeeves, and I use the same username on most other online forums. Owner of several pairs of good boots, shoes, suits, and shirts. Been a long time lurker, and was only spurred to get an account because of an ongoing sizing issue with a pair of Alden 405s, where I might be looking to sell or trade.

I live in the Carolinas and between work and my hobbies, I am very hard on my clothes and especially my shoes and boots. Current favorite boots are a 6 year old pair of Nicks Falcons that have seen hiking, hospital rotations, long motorcycle rides, and multiple trips overseas.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Jeeves, hopefully you'll be inspired to expand your interests here. We look forward to your participation. Welcome to the forum!

Charliesomm

Reaction score
Hello, I’m Charlie and recently made my way into a full-fledged sommelier role in Florida. I’ve been interested in menswear for some time and have a few pieces of denim that I take some pride in, but this will be my first time in a job requiring formal attire so I’ve found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge. Also on a bit of a weight loss journey so trying to put more money into accessories such as ties, pocket squares, shoes, etc. while less-expensive suits get me through.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m Charlie and recently made my way into a full-fledged sommelier role in Florida. I’ve been interested in menswear for some time and have a few pieces of denim that I take some pride in, but this will be my first time in a job requiring formal attire so I’ve found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge. Also on a bit of a weight loss journey so trying to put more money into accessories such as ties, pocket squares, shoes, etc. while less-expensive suits get me through.
Hi Charlie, glad that you're putting the forum to good use. Welcome!

vollblut

Reaction score
I'm new here. Some of my interests include horses, working on cars, and vintage tweed.

It's good to be here, thanks.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm new here. Some of my interests include horses, working on cars, and vintage tweed.

It's good to be here, thanks.
Hi Vollblut, horses, working in cars and vintage tweed. I'd say that you meet the description of a renaissance man for sure. I've one question for you but you needn't answer. What is the meaning of Vollblut? Welcome to the forum!

vollblut

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the welcome!

Vollblut is German for thoroughbred horse.

Reaction score
Hey there!

I read this forum from time to time and decided to join and make my own contribution as well. I love getting dressed up and picking out the perfect outfit and accessorizing. It's like a little luxury that I can enjoy every day. It makes me feel confident and put together like I can take on anything the day throws my way.

Hope to have a good time here!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there!

I read this forum from time to time and decided to join and make my own contribution as well. I love getting dressed up and picking out the perfect outfit and accessorizing. It's like a little luxury that I can enjoy every day. It makes me feel confident and put together like I can take on anything the day throws my way.

Hope to have a good time here!
Hello, welcome to our forum!

Bopper

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Bopper. I was very interested in the SF "Cloth Thread" when it started way back, and the "Vintage Dress Shoe" thread. I've learned a lot over the years here.

Simonbarsinister

Reaction score
Greetings from Chicago. I've been reading the Double RL forum for about a year now. There have been times when I wanted to contribute, but I hadn't officially joined, so now I can.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Bopper. I was very interested in the SF "Cloth Thread" when it started way back, and the "Vintage Dress Shoe" thread. I've learned a lot over the years here.
Hello there Bopper, glad to hear that you've learned from others in the forum. It's an important part of our sartorial journey and otherwise. Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Greetings from Chicago. I've been reading the Double RL forum for about a year now. There have been times when I wanted to contribute, but I hadn't officially joined, so now I can.
Mr. Barsinister, no need to be hesitant. Welcome aboard!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads