• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello from Texas, I've been reading and following the forum since earlier this year when I joined, especially the black tie thread. I'm 54 and currently work in Medical Research in an administrative role.

Much of my adult life involved jobs where I always had some type of specific uniform or prescribed clothing for work like scrubs. I was that guy who owned only one suit and/or maybe a sport coat at any one time.
A few yrs ago moved to a desk/office job and discovered I liked to dress well for work. So I began to gather information and learning how to build a wardrobe and how to dress better. Now I have my shirts made by Proper Cloth and a few others, a closet full of Allen Edmonds (cause I like shoes and they fit well in my size) and I discovered how awsome braces are. I am one of those that once they embrace something I read and research as much information from as many sources as possible. This is definitely an on going and never ending process.
Welcome to our forum!

BonzoMoon2002

Reaction score
Hey there, $2k would probably be the minimum for MTM at an independent tailor or boutique in NYC. You might want to visit some of the better quality department stores while visiting NYC, such as Saks Fifth Ave. & Bergdorff Goodman. In most cases Black Friday sales will continue through the weekend. Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the response! I was originally closing in on Michael Andrews, Alan Flusser, Alan David, Franco Ercole, or Cad & The Dandy. Any experience or word of mouth on any of them?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response! I was originally closing in on Michael Andrews, Alan Flusser, Alan David, Franco Ercole, or Cad & The Dandy. Any experience or word of mouth on any of them?
I had met Flusser many years ago. He had a boutique for bespoke menswear (perhaps mtm as well?) within Saks in NYC. He was approachable and obviously quite knowledgeable. I have no experience nor heard any feedback since Flusser passed the torch to Jon Sigmon. Cad & The Dandy has a solid reputation and is known for their reasonable prices.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haute couture is cool and I enjoying seeing it in photos or the wild but it doesn't really feel like me :)
Dear brother, haute couture isn't about becoming a trendy fashionista, or collecting unnecessarily expensive clothing. Haute Couture is a state of mind. Mindfulness to be more precise. Being intentional and open minded in your sartorial endeavors will lead you to your personal 'haute couture'.

BonzoMoon2002

Reaction score
I had met Flusser many years ago. He had a boutique for bespoke menswear (perhaps mtm as well?) within Saks in NYC. He was approachable and obviously quite knowledgeable. I have no experience nor heard any feedback since Flusser passed the torch to Jon Sigmon. Cad & The Dandy has a solid reputation and is known for their reasonable prices.
Thank you for the recon, stranger!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As it is said, 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Wishing you much success and pleasure on yours!

JMichy

Reaction score
Hello I’m Michael! I started my journey with a pair of red wings back in 2015 not knowing was GYW was, but just enjoying my time and love for boots. Now having seen what shell cordovans are I’m starting to collect those and kinda glad I haven’t stepped nor shown an interest into bespoke items. Thank you for hearing me out and hope everyone has a great day.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello I’m Michael! I started my journey with a pair of red wings back in 2015 not knowing was GYW was, but just enjoying my time and love for boots. Now having seen what shell cordovans are I’m starting to collect those and kinda glad I haven’t stepped nor shown an interest into bespoke items. Thank you for hearing me out and hope everyone has a great day.
Hi Michael, welcome to the forum!

JoshuaK

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Josh. Writing from Eastern Canada. I'm a casual follower of men's fashion (no pun intended). Normally my day-to-day is jeans. My philosophy around fashion, if you can call it that is that, is proper fit and simple classic elements. That being said, there are some specific things I'm looking for. And I would like to learn more as I start to expand my wardrobe and tastes a little further.

Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to picking some brains here :)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm Josh. Writing from Eastern Canada. I'm a casual follower of men's fashion (no pun intended). Normally my day-to-day is jeans. My philosophy around fashion, if you can call it that is that, is proper fit and simple classic elements. That being said, there are some specific things I'm looking for. And I would like to learn more as I start to expand my wardrobe and tastes a little further.

Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to picking some brains here :)
Your philosophy is a good one & can the basis for your sartorial explorations. Welcome!

dismal

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a master's student in the Netherlands. Started to improve my style about 6 years ago, so I want to continue this process. Trying to construct a step-by-step plan of purchases to form right wardrobe. Currently, I have many sneakers and work boots and thinking of expanding my shoes variations.

Regards

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am a master's student in the Netherlands. Started to improve my style about 6 years ago, so I want to continue this process. Trying to construct a step-by-step plan of purchases to form right wardrobe. Currently, I have many sneakers and work boots and thinking of expanding my shoes variations.

Regards
Hey there, let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Own a Fountain Pen?

• I own one but I hardly ever use it

• I own multiple ones but I always use the same ol' BIC

• Yes, and I use it often

• Yes, I collect them

• Ballpoint is the way

Results are only viewable after voting.