• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Canterbury Redwood

Reaction score
Hello, Sebastien from Paris. I am 31 years old, I wear mostly chinos and jeans. I wear Salomons or Edward Green only, no in between.

SJTM

Reaction score
So my forum profile says I have been a member since 2012. Serious lurker apparently.

Now semi retired, business treated me very well financially, and I can finally let my love of dressing well be a part of my life. Funny how it took retirement to free me to express myself. I now spend my time working with amazing charitable organizations that serve our community and mentoring young professionals in my industry.

I have decided that dressing well sets a standard for others in my profession to emulate and that raises the bar a bit in a good way. I am anti "slouch" style. It is the people on this forum that set a standard for paying attention to one's appearance - not out of an egotistic impulse, but because it elevates our social intercourse. It is not exclusive but inclusive. In a world where lowest common denominator always seems to govern, Styleforum chooses to emphasize aspiring to a higher goal. I am thankful to find so many kindred spirits here,

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my forum profile says I have been a member since 2012. Serious lurker apparently.

Now semi retired, business treated me very well financially, and I can finally let my love of dressing well be a part of my life. Funny how it took retirement to free me to express myself. I now spend my time working with amazing charitable organizations that serve our community and mentoring young professionals in my industry.

I have decided that dressing well sets a standard for others in my profession to emulate and that raises the bar a bit in a good way. I am anti "slouch" style. It is the people on this forum that set a standard for paying attention to one's appearance - not out of an egotistic impulse, but because it elevates our social intercourse. It is not exclusive but inclusive. In a world where lowest common denominator always seems to govern, Styleforum chooses to emphasize aspiring to a higher goal. I am thankful to find so many kindred spirits here,
Howdy there, so you were a holdout hiding in the shadows, lurking but not posting? Indeed we aspire to a higher goal and denominator. Happy to finally have you 'officially' on board. Welcome kindred spirit!

veers026

Reaction score
hi, name's Paul. have browsed here now and then as research. finally decided to make an account.

siberial

Reaction score
Figured why not. Fashion has intrigued me more lately and it's something I see as one of my main interests at the moment.
So far I am figuring out that I rather get what I personally like and get some type of emotion from rather than emulate something from top to bottom. Also want to check out the buy and sell area here.

Been also getting a interest in knits the last two years and the interest does not seem to be fading. I have lurked here a little bit before hand but I used to frequent forums more before.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Figured why not. Fashion has intrigued me more lately and it's something I see as one of my main interests at the moment.
So far I am figuring out that I rather get what I personally like and get some type of emotion from rather than emulate something from top to bottom. Also want to check out the buy and sell area here.

Been also getting a interest in knits the last two years and the interest does not seem to be fading. I have lurked here a little bit before hand but I used to frequent forums more before.
Hi Sieberial, glad that you joined us to learn. Not meaning to sound pedantic, explore what the difference is between 'fashion' and 'style'. These are different things, different concepts. Welcome!

astroboy

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm astroboy from Germany - please excuse my English as I am not a native speaker;).
I've registered because I am collecting sunglasses, mostly used Ray Ban from the 90s (original B&L), but also some Persol, Maui Jim and - since last year - new Randolph.:cool:
Perhaps I can help others to choose their favorite sunglasses.

kyleAW

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Kyle from the UK, known about and frequented this forum for many years on and off but finally decided to make an account :)
fairly new to actually taking style more seriously (old job for the last 10 years pretty much dictated a wardrobe that you didnt mind getting ruined on a daily basis) but a career direction change has allowed me to look at developing a wardrobe at last so thought id actually properly join now :D

BerniePunter

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Pushan. I've been following styleforum for years and been looking up advice all the time. Decided to join to learn more. Despite working in an environment full of denim and graphic Tees, I still like to dress Formal and business casual. I love chinos, dress pants, custom shirts and my personal favorite, leather shoes :)

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm astroboy from Germany - please excuse my English as I am not a native speaker;).
I've registered because I am collecting sunglasses, mostly used Ray Ban from the 90s (original B&L), but also some Persol, Maui Jim and - since last year - new Randolph.:cool:
Perhaps I can help others to choose their favorite sunglasses.
Hi there Astroboy (wasn' Astroboy originally Japanese? Happy sunglass hunting! Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Kyle from the UK, known about and frequented this forum for many years on and off but finally decided to make an account :)
fairly new to actually taking style more seriously (old job for the last 10 years pretty much dictated a wardrobe that you didnt mind getting ruined on a daily basis) but a career direction change has allowed me to look at developing a wardrobe at last so thought id actually properly join now :D

Hi Kyle, best of luck with the new career. Welcome!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.