• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trevallon

Reaction score
Hello, new member here. Was always into good quality clothes and started (early) with the whole vintage Rockabilly thing... Getting dressier and a little less workwear'y as I get older.
Currently obsessed with Drake's London.

Looking forward to learn from more experienced members.

Cheers!
Chris

Paris-62

Reaction score
Hello, new member here. Was always into good quality clothes and started (early) with the whole vintage Rockabilly thing... Getting dressier and a little less workwear'y as I get older.
Currently obsessed with Drake's London.

Looking forward to learn from more experienced members.

Cheers!
Chris
T’habites you, C

Paris-62

Reaction score
Thank you Chris ! I live in the first arrondissement, just behind le Louvre. Insee it every morning from my Windows but, sadly, can not get in...Cheers. Antoine

gmathio

Reaction score
Hello !
My name is George and I live in Athens, Greece. I'm 53 years old and love to be well-dressed. I rarely wear suits in my work, but usually dress pants, or chinos and sports jackets. I've started bespoke tailoring (rather late), by visiting a tailor for trousers and a jacket. I love shoes and socks !
I'm sure I'll find some great ideas and advices here !

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Kevin and I live in Texas. I recently started a new job that is going to require me to make a significant investment in suits and professional attire over the coming years, which is a great problem to have. I am hear to learn what I can along the way.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am somewhat surprised at myself that it took me this long to create a styleforum account as I've been obsessed with clothing all my life. In fact, I am working on starting a YouTube channel to document my style journey. Will be posting the link in my profile if anyone wants to follow when it's ready. Not looking for "clout" but just for fun and maybe social engagement.

My style journey really started in high school, where I was the kid who spent hours a day on Superfuture trying to cop Undercover and White Mountaineering on the cheap. I got really into the sneaker game for a long time but have since moved on from that as 1) I don't really wear sneakers much anymore and 2) most coveted sneakers aren't something you actually want to wear and I like to enjoy my shoes.

I've moved away a lot from streetwear over the last few years and more towards heritage casual wear and sartorial looks. I know a lot about the casual stuff, but am definitely a novice when it comes to suiting and accessories so I welcome help finding the good stuff or constructive criticism as I build looks for sure!

I truly look forward to getting to know some of you as we all enjoy clothes and talking about them.

Side note: I do know about Spier & McKay but what is your favorite value suiting brand (SuitSupply not really any option hardly anything they have fits me)?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I am somewhat surprised at myself that it took me this long to create a styleforum account as I've been obsessed with clothing all my life. In fact, I am working on starting a YouTube channel to document my style journey. Will be posting the link in my profile if anyone wants to follow when it's ready. Not looking for "clout" but just for fun and maybe social engagement.

My style journey really started in high school, where I was the kid who spent hours a day on Superfuture trying to cop Undercover and White Mountaineering on the cheap. I got really into the sneaker game for a long time but have since moved on from that as 1) I don't really wear sneakers much anymore and 2) most coveted sneakers aren't something you actually want to wear and I like to enjoy my shoes.

I've moved away a lot from streetwear over the last few years and more towards heritage casual wear and sartorial looks. I know a lot about the casual stuff, but am definitely a novice when it comes to suiting and accessories so I welcome help finding the good stuff or constructive criticism as I build looks for sure!

I truly look forward to getting to know some of you as we all enjoy clothes and talking about them.

Side note: I do know about Spier & McKay but what is your favorite value suiting brand (SuitSupply not really any option hardly anything they have fits me)?
Hey there, Spier & McKay are in my estimation very good. I personally don't care for Suit Supply and for similar reasons, their brand doesn't fit (suit?) me very well. Their quality is satisfactory but overrated. Here's a company that I recommend
https://www.ctshirts.com/us/mens-suits/ great value for the price. This company makes excellent performance wear, wonderful for traveling, https://shop.bluffworks.com/collections/travel-suit .

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey there, Spier & McKay are in my estimation very good. I personally don't care for Suit Supply and for similar reasons, their brand doesn't fit (suit?) me very well. Their quality is satisfactory but overrated. Here's a company that I recommend
https://www.ctshirts.com/us/mens-suits/ great value for the price. This company makes excellent performance wear, wonderful for traveling, https://shop.bluffworks.com/collections/travel-suit .
Yeah what Spier & McKay seem to be doing with the fabric and cut for the price is kind of amazing.

Thank you for the suggestions! I have purchased shirts from CT but had never considered a suit from them before. These Gramercy suits also look pretty great.

I am glad I'm not the only one with fit issues at Suit Supply. Most of the folks my age who wear suits that I know IRL seem to be addicted to them, but I have not had a good experience online or in their store. There is just something about their pants that is off to me, but I can't quite place it

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah what Spier & McKay seem to be doing with the fabric and cut for the price is kind of amazing.

Thank you for the suggestions! I have purchased shirts from CT but had never considered a suit from them before. These Gramercy suits also look pretty great.

I am glad I'm not the only one with fit issues at Suit Supply. Most of the folks my age who wear suits that I know IRL seem to be addicted to them, but I have not had a good experience online or in their store. There is just something about their pants that is off to me, but I can't quite place it
Suit supply is about following trends to a tee. The rise in their pants is too high and the pant legs are cut narrow. By that I mean super slim fit, shrink wrapped so tightly there's no room for 'the boys' to rest comfortably. Having style isn't about following fashion trends. Welcome to the forum!

Threelorn

Reaction score
HI im threelorn. This pandemic has really made me reflect on my style and desire to take it in a new direction. Heres hoping joining styleforum will help with that

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI im threelorn. This pandemic has really made me reflect on my style and desire to take it in a new direction. Heres hoping joining styleforum will help with that
Hi Threelorn, we're happy to assist you. Have you any questions? Welcome!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads