• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi all,
Long time lurker and decided to take the plunge & sign up.

I am in NZ and am starting to move away from the casual shorts & jandals (or sneakers in the winter) to slightly more elegant avenues. However I am more into classic styles rather than bleeding edge fashionista stuff.

I also don't own a single pair of gumboots. Sorry.
Welcome!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Halibut. I think I'm like a crate digger but for clothes? I enjoy the search and the research. I like seeing how other people choose to style clothing and how two people can wear the same piece very differently. Sorry, I don't much care about denim or FCL jackets =] Can I still stay here?
Welcome to the forum!

MusicMatt97

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm Matthew. I'm a recent college graduate having earned my bachelor's degree in Vocal Performance. Going into college, I was a horrible dresser who's attire was swayed by comfort, cheapness, and trends. As someone entering the classical music profession, I knew I had to up my style game. I owed it to my profession and my own self. This is when I became entranced by classic menswear. By the end of my degree, my wardrobe had transformed from the afore-mentioned aesthetic to one really representing a youth delving in the classic men's style world, though I am still on the journey to always look my best.

I am currently taking a gap year before returning to university and pursuing a master's degree in Vocal performance. This year I've been teaching voice lessons, taking local gigs, and flipping thrift finds around my locale.

Pleasure to be here and engaging after being a lurker for many years!
Matthew

PhilBily

Reaction score
Heyya!

Phil here. After moving around the world over the past few years I (re)settled down in Singapore, started working in design a year ago, and am extending my aesthetic pursuit into the world of wearables. Working in a fairly casual office and my formal wears are mostly shelved; transitioning away from the high street look to something more personal; also working on Marie Kondo-ing 1/4 of my current wardrobe made of Muji and Uniqlo.

To me, fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers is extremely enjoyable. I love AW looks the most and thoroughly enjoyed roaming around in my layers, but unfortunately am living in tropics now. Therefore I am mostly looking into summer outfits, especially since travelling is unavailable at the moment. Of course, any frugal fashion advice is always welcome!

Recently in love with Jacquemus

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm Matthew. I'm a recent college graduate having earned my bachelor's degree in Vocal Performance. Going into college, I was a horrible dresser who's attire was swayed by comfort, cheapness, and trends. As someone entering the classical music profession, I knew I had to up my style game. I owed it to my profession and my own self. This is when I became entranced by classic menswear. By the end of my degree, my wardrobe had transformed from the afore-mentioned aesthetic to one really representing a youth delving in the classic men's style world, though I am still on the journey to always look my best.

I am currently taking a gap year before returning to university and pursuing a master's degree in Vocal performance. This year I've been teaching voice lessons, taking local gigs, and flipping thrift finds around my locale.

Pleasure to be here and engaging after being a lurker for many years!
Matthew
Hello Mathew, you need lurk no longer. Welcome to the forum!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Heyya!

Phil here. After moving around the world over the past few years I (re)settled down in Singapore, started working in design a year ago, and am extending my aesthetic pursuit into the world of wearables. Working in a fairly casual office and my formal wears are mostly shelved; transitioning away from the high street look to something more personal; also working on Marie Kondo-ing 1/4 of my current wardrobe made of Muji and Uniqlo.

To me, fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers is extremely enjoyable. I love AW looks the most and thoroughly enjoyed roaming around in my layers, but unfortunately am living in tropics now. Therefore I am mostly looking into summer outfits, especially since travelling is unavailable at the moment. Of course, any frugal fashion advice is always welcome!

Recently in love with Jacquemus
Hi Phil, 'fashion ought to be functional and fun, and appreciating the diversity and dynamism created by different designers', you're on the right track. Give my best regards to Raffles Center & Orchard Road.

davidmark

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm David a menswear designer you can check out my latest video

emiratiAL

Reaction score
Hi all,
Long time lurker and decided to take the plunge & sign up.

I am in NZ and am starting to move away from the casual shorts & jandals (or sneakers in the winter) to slightly more elegant avenues. However I am more into classic styles rather than bleeding edge fashionista stuff.

I also don't own a single pair of gumboots. Sorry.
Hello... I worked in NZ for a couple of years back in 2011-2013, beautiful country.

Your comments made me smile, as from recollection Kiwi's took the casual Friday look to the extreme, with shorts and no shoes etc. I found it all very odd.

Perhaps you can evangelise among the sartorially unconverted?? Good luck.

DCarreira

Reaction score
Hello, I am David, from Portugal.

I am a single guy, suburban city dweller and usually go for the "business casual" style.

I am here mostly to exchange ideas.

KennyIngram

Reaction score
Hey StyleForum! I spent many hours scouring these pages looking for inspiration over the last many years, especially during long bus rides during my undergrad. Happy to be here to share some of my own experiences now.

DenMacii

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, My name is Dennis, and I am a bit late to the quality attire crowd. I've found that like with most things in life, just because it says "designer" it doesn't mean that it's quality. Much like 3 designer dress shirts for $75.00 is in the same vein as a 3 taco meal deal for $5.00... I found that I appreciate things that are more classics, and of quality, that can carry from generation to generation. And, as I started down this rabbit hole, I realized there is an entire world beyond the veil of higher end department stores where the true quality and true value resides. I'm hoping to soak it all in like a sponge. Thanks for letting me on board.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello, I am David, from Portugal.

I am a single guy, suburban city dweller and usually go for the "business casual" style.

I am here mostly to exchange ideas.
Hi David, what questions do you have? Welcome!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, My name is Dennis, and I am a bit late to the quality attire crowd. I've found that like with most things in life, just because it says "designer" it doesn't mean that it's quality. Much like 3 designer dress shirts for $75.00 is in the same vein as a 3 taco meal deal for $5.00... I found that I appreciate things that are more classics, and of quality, that can carry from generation to generation. And, as I started down this rabbit hole, I realized there is an entire world beyond the veil of higher end department stores where the true quality and true value resides. I'm hoping to soak it all in like a sponge. Thanks for letting me on board.
Hello Dennis, 'just because it says "designer" it doesn't mean that it's quality.' Yes, I'd agree. Welcome to the forum!

suityhoops

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been a bit of a casual lurker but thought I'd make any account in case I have anything to share. I definitely need to thin out my closet at some point for one thing...

My style has always been t-shirt, jeans, and a hoodie (a friend described it as a "grunge carpenter"), but I had a suit tailored for the first time a couple years ago to wear to an event and it felt so good I got pretty obsessed. I don't have an outlet for wearing any of it, but I have a huge appreciation for a well curated outfit. Love seeing what everyone puts together!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been a bit of a casual lurker but thought I'd make any account in case I have anything to share. I definitely need to thin out my closet at some point for one thing...

My style has always been t-shirt, jeans, and a hoodie (a friend described it as a "grunge carpenter"), but I had a suit tailored for the first time a couple years ago to wear to an event and it felt so good I got pretty obsessed. I don't have an outlet for wearing any of it, but I have a huge appreciation for a well curated outfit. Love seeing what everyone puts together!
Welcome!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami