• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HEX98

Reaction score
Thanks you very much, Sinyo!
Can't wait to be a very active member in this blog. So much to learn!
Tom

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Thanks you very much, Sinyo!
Can't wait to be a very active member in this blog. So much to learn!
Tom
Tom, there's much to learn for all of us, continuing process & never ending.

91BBell

Reaction score
Hi, big fan of John Elliott and looking to get into some more brands!

AVG

Reaction score
Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. After months reading the forum contents I have finally decided to joint you.

I am mainly interested in soft tailoring but really looking forward to learn from you all. I just moved to a country in which temperatures are way lower than in my country of origin (Norway vs Italy), so I guess that your experience will be very valuable while facing the reorganization of my wardrobe.

Best wishes,

AVG

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Dear all,

I hope this message finds you well. After months reading the forum contents I have finally decided to joint you.

I am mainly interested in soft tailoring but really looking forward to learn from you all. I just moved to a country in which temperatures are way lower than in my country of origin (Norway vs Italy), so I guess that your experience will be very valuable while facing the reorganization of my wardrobe.

Best wishes,

AVG
AVG, what questions do you have on reorganizing your wardrobe? Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: AVG

AVG

Reaction score
AVG, what questions do you have on reorganizing your wardrobe? Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the warming welcoming.

Mainly how to learn to do layering while playing with textures/patterns. In Italy we mainly enjoy of beautiful fabrics and cuts, now I guess that it will be the time to became more pragmatic in sake of usability.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Thank you for the warming welcoming.

Mainly how to learn to do layering while playing with textures/patterns. In Italy we mainly enjoy of beautiful fabrics and cuts, now I guess that it will be the time to became more pragmatic in sake of usability.
This will require you to think outside of the box. Meaning thinking ourtside of a predominantly warm weather Mediterranean mindset. Some creative thinking on your part will be necessary in order for you to recalibrate. However, you do not need to sacrifice beautiful fabrics and cuts in order to achieve usability. These concepts, fabrics and cuts and/or usability aren't mutually exclusive. Brother, you can have your cake and eat it too! Do you have any specific questions regarding warmer weather fabrics, patterns, etc. or photos of what you have in mind to revamp your wardrobe? I'm happy to assist. Let's go from there.

AVG

Reaction score
Thank you, @Sinyo18. I would't like to monopolize much this thread. What I meant is that now I will have to get adapted myself to "coarser" fabrics (heavier, less soft, more durable) in other words, english mills.

My new aim is to learn how to play with various patterns/textures in a coherent way. To do layering effectively rather than using few pieces of thick fabrics. Here you can find an example of what I mean (photo credit: gonta_0405).

Captura de pantalla 2020-09-27 a las 11.10.45.png

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Yes, you'll have to incorporate heavier materials. If the photo that you've posted is an indication of what you aspire to in your pursuit, then I believe that you're on the right track. Best wishes!

Langoliers

Reaction score
Hello, I am the Langoliers & I live in California. I like Geoffrey B Small, thrifting, video games, and clothes. I hope to have meaningful interactions with people in this forum.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello, I am the Langoliers & I live in California. I like Geoffrey B Small, thrifting, video games, and clothes. I hope to have meaningful interactions with people in this forum.
Hello Langoliers, welcome aboard!

holan

Reaction score
Heyo, my name's Holan, I live in NE Ohio. Interested in denim, boots, American Workwear, football, tequila, video games, pens, and knives. Excited to get talking with people!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Heyo, my name's Holan, I live in NE Ohio. Interested in denim, boots, American Workwear, football, tequila, video games, pens, and knives. Excited to get talking with people!
Welcome to the forum!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami