• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Damn two times. Those greys are killer. Did you have them made to order?
No I buy them third hand, this two pair only walked on a couple of time's by the first owner who made to order the shoes. The guy i buy them from never walked on the shoes. Harki one forum member was the made to order person. I got lucky ;)

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Black Monday indeed! Those are killer! I used to have a pair of A. Testoni similar to these. Who did you say the manufacturer was?

Blackpalms

Reaction score
Black Monday indeed! Those are killer! I used to have a pair of A. Testoni similar to these. Who did you say the manufacturer was?
From the last three pair i posted they are all Santoni's with goodyear soles. Two days ago i get my first pair of A Testoni ( Not Alligator ) I see some boots on ebay who seems nice new price seams 1090 dollar i make a joke bid for 180 dollar next day i see he sold them to my for that price and i must say they are very nice qualety boots. I didn't suspected that anymore because he sell them that rapid without fighting for a higher price. I also seen one pair with him with some small alligator detail on it. But need to stop buying shoes in general. I am a shoe addict who needs rehab. ;)

Blackpalms

Reaction score
200 dollar include the shipping. Purple, black it seams. They are better looking than the pictures.

Attachments

Linden

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Linden. I live in Asia, used to live in London. I'm in my late 40s. I enjoy good clothing, and I am enjoying the journey.

The interest began about 7 years ago with pieces mostly from Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, Isaia, Fray, Alfred Dunhill. All RTW, mostly pants, shirts, leather, coats, scarves, etc, sports jackets in the unlined soft-tailored linen style, that sort of thing.

About 18 months ago I began to review what I was doing, started reading Simon Crompton's Permanent Style, which has had a big influence, first of all on the idea of 'fit' as a high priority (I had been mostly prioritising high quality fabrics, but fit was not always right, even with some alterations). I had also not been paying attention enough to shoes. I bought in sales mostly, at places like Paul Smith - nice, classics with a twist.

But the idea of fit has led me to decide that the next tailored pieces will all be a mix of MTM and bespoke, and because that ramps up the price (I had always bought RTW in the bi-annual sales, and mostly, but not always, at the outlets in Bicester, and The Mall near Florence). My focus now is on choosing, carefully, some classic pieces, to keep and enjoy long term.

I guess too, after 7 years exploring this hobby, I'm clearer in my own mind of what I want, what I feel comfortable wearing (and, I guess, projecting).

This year - before the pandemic grounded us all - I bought my first pairs of shoes in Edward Green's London store, and then one more pair of EG's in Hong Kong. (My next target is Aubercy). The EG's have confirmed for me that buying quality I won't tire of, and in styles I will wear and enjoy, I can enjoy fewer pieces, and for longer. That's the hope anyway. I realise there are other psychological things going on when we shop - as recently beautifully presented by 'Die, Workwear', (which is what reminded me to come sign up here at Style Forum - and take a look at the 'Contentment' thread.) So, I acknowledge that all this is a process.

And during lockdown? Focusing on getting in better shape. My weight has fluctuated a lot, and there are some lovely pieces I've not been able to wear for a long time. I'm focusing on that, and health and family generally. .... and some rather odd behaviour. This week I bought ties from Drake's, Tie Your Tie, and Shibumi, and pocket squares from Simmonot-Godard. Little packages have begun to arrive. When am I going to wear them? Lol. I guess there is some optimism in this.

Often I wear polos (Loro Piana), or t-shirts (Son of a Tailor) with lightweight jeans (Corneliani), because it is so hot and humid where I'm living, and if I'm just at home (remote working), or heading out for a bite to eat at lunch... But I'm making an effort to enjoy dressing a bit smarter now and then, even if just for me and my wife, just for the sake of it.

Ok, I've written a lot. I look forward to exploring this site, and learning the others' experiences and expertise here, and helping out with anything I can too.

Thanks.

soywasabi5

Reaction score
Hi, I am Rob. I am in my late 20's, I enjoy reading, gardening, coding, working out, and riding my motorcycle. I believe that wearing comfortable clothing that emboldens you to be the best version of yourself is amazing! I firmly believe in quality over quantity, minimalism, and keeping a small collection of grails that make you happy.

I hope to learn from the community here regarding fashion, lifestyle, life advice, and of course style tips. This forum is certainly very different from reddit, but I already have seen great value on learning more about the brands I adore (ex. Alden).

Thank you for having me.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
From the last three pair i posted they are all Santoni's with goodyear soles. Two days ago i get my first pair of A Testoni ( Not Alligator ) I see some boots on ebay who seems nice new price seams 1090 dollar i make a joke bid for 180 dollar next day i see he sold them to my for that price and i must say they are very nice qualety boots. I didn't suspected that anymore because he sell them that rapid without fighting for a higher price. I also seen one pair with him with some small alligator detail on it. But need to stop buying shoes in general. I am a shoe addict who needs rehab. ;)
Santoni, has really come up. A. Testoni used to be a main stay pick of mine for upscale footwear. Unfortunately, I feel that their quality has diminished during that past five years or so.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi, I am Rob. I am in my late 20's, I enjoy reading, gardening, coding, working out, and riding my motorcycle. I believe that wearing comfortable clothing that emboldens you to be the best version of yourself is amazing! I firmly believe in quality over quantity, minimalism, and keeping a small collection of grails that make you happy.

I hope to learn from the community here regarding fashion, lifestyle, life advice, and of course style tips. This forum is certainly very different from reddit, but I already have seen great value on learning more about the brands I adore (ex. Alden).

Thank you for having me.
Rob, happy to have you here. Welcome!

NavyHopsack

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm NavyHopsack! I started my CM journey about a year ago with quality dress shoes, and recently gotten into wearing SCs and dress trousers from Spier and Mackay. Unfortunately I don't get to dress up much now that I'm only working in the office twice a week, but at least it's still an opportunity!

Other than CM, I love hiking, photography, audio equipment, and gaming.

I'll most likely continue to lurk, but always appreciate the discussions and advice on the forums.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm NavyHopsack! I started my CM journey about a year ago with quality dress shoes, and recently gotten into wearing SCs and dress trousers from Spier and Mackay. Unfortunately I don't get to dress up much now that I'm only working in the office twice a week, but at least it's still an opportunity!

Other than CM, I love hiking, photography, audio equipment, and gaming.

I'll most likely continue to lurk, but always appreciate the discussions and advice on the forums.
Hello NavyHopsack, that's quite a moniker! No more lurkin' need, welcome aboard!

no_regerts

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm no_regerts. This is technically not my first post, since what brought me to SF was a sort of emergency fit-check on a navy blazer I've just had made (head on over if you want to lend a hand - I'd greatly appreciate it).

All the same, it's good to be here! I've often lurked on SF over the years when it's been the only place Google gives me for certain fashion questions, but in the past 24h I realized I needed to sign up.

I've always had an intuition about what sorts of things I like to wear and how they fit me, but I've never had the vocabulary to put that stuff into words. As I begin to spend a little money on custom-made menswear, I'd like to use SF to build up my confidence when I have things tailored for me, altered/adjusted, or when I shop for off-the-rack stuff.

Thanks for having me!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm no_regerts. This is technically not my first post, since what brought me to SF was a sort of emergency fit-check on a navy blazer I've just had made (head on over if you want to lend a hand - I'd greatly appreciate it).

All the same, it's good to be here! I've often lurked on SF over the years when it's been the only place Google gives me for certain fashion questions, but in the past 24h I realized I needed to sign up.

I've always had an intuition about what sorts of things I like to wear and how they fit me, but I've never had the vocabulary to put that stuff into words. As I begin to spend a little money on custom-made menswear, I'd like to use SF to build up my confidence when I have things tailored for me, altered/adjusted, or when I shop for off-the-rack stuff.

Thanks for having me!
Hello, glad that you had your realization. No need to lurk about or fret. One should only do as Capt. Picard(Star Trek TNG) is known to request, engage!

HEX98

Reaction score
Hey there!
Name’s Tom. I’m a 21 year old sociology student whose interest was initially piqued by quality wear found in thrift shops. It’s done nothing but exponentially increase ever since I started caring much more about reducing my footprint in not only clothing but photography, auto, technology and more as well. Don’t really want to buy and buy more of the same things just because they’re inexpensive and poorly constructed.
Some of my biggest instructors have been SRS from Gentleman’s Gazette in what basically constitutes a good quality garment, as well as Rose Anvil on quality leather and leather goods. Trenton and Heath took that place in footwear and Styleforum on everything else. Must admit: I’ve been a lurker for some time over a year.
I’ve since noticed the need to register since not all of the information I sometimes find of interest is available elsewhere, such as how certain shoe lasts fit, or just about when this or that brand went from great to garbage. There’s probably someone in this forum who can answer every single question I’ve got.
Now, a particularity in my menswear journey is that I live in Costa Rica. That means at least three things: quality garments are prohibitively expensive, the store selection is extremely limited and it’s usually way too hot to wear a suit jacket and wool pants. Doesn’t mean I wouldn’t like to.
Now, as to what my style is. If I’m honest, it’s still a work in progress although I tend to prefer more classic articulations of fashion. I’m not at all for the current skinny fit suits and the like, even when I consider they’d look oftentimes very dapper on my small, somewhat athletic thin frame. My ideal suit is something versatile, timeless, very fresh and ideally MTM due to my aforementioned physical attributes. A former swimming enthusiasts, my shoulders are much, much wider than my hips which leads to the usual drop in most RTW pieces being positively inadequate. Plus, they’re either horribly made and cheap or decent and very pricey. Shoes, honestly, I’m only able to buy used on the internet since the “finest” store, a Florsheim (gasp!) flagship, closed down a few years ago. God! Just imagine the lengths I’d have to go to purchase quality footwear. Having preferred sneakers in the past, my only decent dress shoes are a pair of vintage burgundy Florsheim bookbinder loafers which I adore and ran me under $2 at the flea market downtown. They’re in need of new top lifts, too.
Anyways, enough about myself. I hope this is just the very beginning of a long lasting relationship with this forum and its people.
It’s a pleasure to meet you!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami