• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Chris Callisto from Adelaide, Australia.
I am the CEO & Founder of Desire Recruitment, a fashion & retail recruitment agency based in Australia.

Been a long time browser of the forum and figured it was time to participate. Great to see such a large community dedicated to menswear & fashion.

CC
Hi Chris, welcome aboard mate!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been a long time reader for this forum (a few years), i forgot either i haven't registered or i forgot my account, this is my new account.
Currently attracted to menswear (especially tailoring) after i went to a vacation and bought a wholecut oxford from a local shoemaker (fortuna shoes Indonesia a.k.a Jalan Sriwijaya), after that to match the shoe i learned about tailored clothing. As the climate is pretty hot here, i'm trying to incorporate blazers/sport coats with shirt instead with breathable materials. I'm hoping to learn from you all here in this forum. Nice to meet you guys!
Hi there, are you living in Indonesia? Selamat datang di forum!!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Terima kasih banyak, i assume you are an Indonesian? Your nickname sounds familiar.
My nickname 'Sinyo' is indeed Indonesian. I'm an American with many decades of experience studying, working in Indonesia. Suffice to say that Indonesia is my second homeland, close to my heart.

soliloquywanderer

Reaction score
My nickname 'Sinyo' is indeed Indonesian. I'm an American with many decades of experience studying, working in Indonesia. Suffice to say that Indonesia is my second homeland, close to my heart.
Wow, i'm surprised to hear that. Usually it's the other way around with Indonesians going abroad to study and work, often not coming back to their country. Decades ago popular destination was Netherlands, nowadays it's US, Australia, Germany, China, and a lot others. I'm happy and flattered to hear a foreigner having fun in my country :).

Blackpalms

Reaction score
I am a old men who want to by eighteen again ? born in Amsterdam I love clothes but have no particular style I put on what I feel like.I don't really care about what others think about that, they are better off talking about me than eating from me. My favourite thread = WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW - PART IV (STARTING MAY 2014) so i am the opposite of an exhibitionist except when it comes to ladies, I think lingerie is a waste of money. ?

Blackpalms

Reaction score
And my iPhone's camera is broken, I need a new phone, but every time a pair of pants or shoes comes in between. Only making selfies is still possible.

Attachments

• IMG_8308.JPG
    IMG_8308.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 59

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, i'm surprised to hear that. Usually it's the other way around with Indonesians going abroad to study and work, often not coming back to their country. Decades ago popular destination was Netherlands, nowadays it's US, Australia, Germany, China, and a lot others. I'm happy and flattered to hear a foreigner having fun in my country :).
Not just having fun in your country. Indondesia has had a huge influence in learning and work experience in my life. Not to mention my wife, who is Indonesian born and raised. If you wish to email me offllne, [email protected]
Salam hangat, Sinyo

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am a old men who want to by eighteen again ? born in Amsterdam I love clothes but have no particular style I put on what I feel like.I don't really care about what others think about that, they are better off talking about me than eating from me. My favourite thread = WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW - PART IV (STARTING MAY 2014) so i am the opposite of an exhibitionist except when it comes to ladies, I think lingerie is a waste of money. ?
Welcome!

stylevic

Reaction score
Hi all,

Shoe addict from France mainly C&J, Weston, Finsbury (probably not well known in the US, decent shoes Goodyear welted in Spain). Want to foray into Carlos Santos, Carmina & ultimately Edward Green. Suit Supply suits. Here to chat with other gentlemen from all over the world !

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Shoe addict from France mainly C&J, Weston, Finsbury (probably not well known in the US, decent shoes Goodyear welted in Spain). Want to foray into Carlos Santos, Carmina & ultimately Edward Green. Suit Supply suits. Here to chat with other gentlemen from all over the world !
Hello there, 'Want to foray into Carlos Santos, Carmina & ultimately Edward Green.' A glorious path indeed! Welcome!

johnnyjohnson

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I'm Jonas, 27, from Germany.
Recently bought my first pair of higher end boots (Viberg Shell Chelseas) and this is how my journey down the clothing rabbit hole started. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads