• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

l_tap

Reaction score
Hola!

My name is Luis, and I just joined the forum. A bit about me,I'm just a normal guy, with expensive tastes and a practical budget, I love to travel and have been to 27 countries, with the goal of 40 by 40 years old. I am a real estate broker by trade, but have a crazy dream to start a boot brand and have been between CA & Mexico trying to make that dream come true until I hit a wall known as COVID-19. Im here to learn, share, and contribute to this community.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hola!

My name is Luis, and I just joined the forum. A bit about me,I'm just a normal guy, with expensive tastes and a practical budget, I love to travel and have been to 27 countries, with the goal of 40 by 40 years old. I am a real estate broker by trade, but have a crazy dream to start a boot brand and have been between CA & Mexico trying to make that dream come true until I hit a wall known as COVID-19. Im here to learn, share, and contribute to this community.

Cheers!
Hi Luis, happy to have you here. I'm curious about your prospective plans upstart a boot brand in CA or Mexico. We have many talented leather workers here in So. Cal. Best of luck to you.

l_tap

Reaction score
Hi Luis, happy to have you here. I'm curious about your prospective plans upstart a boot brand in CA or Mexico. We have many talented leather workers here in So. Cal. Best of luck to you.
Hi Sinyo,

We will be based out of Sacramento Ca and Guanajuato Mexico. Im from Sacramento and the vast majority of our marketing and sales efforts will be focused on the US market with a minimal focus on the Mexican market (it's much smaller than the US market, but there is opportunity here).

Im not to familiar with the shoemakers/leather workers in SoCal, and i'm not opposed to manufacturing in my home state, its something I would definitely consider in the future.

One of the reasons we chose Mexico was because it was convenient, my family is from a small town about an hour away from the principal shoe making city in all of North America (Leon, Gto), and traveling to and from is very easy. They have a long and storied history making shoes in that city, and the shear concentration of suppliers, talent, and experience is hard to beat. Add to that, the free trade agreement between the two countries, the fact that I am fluent in the language, the proximity, and the cost of producing the boots, and it was just to hard of an opportunity to pass up. Also, it's interesting to note that a lot of the raw materials used in the shoe making process within Mexico actually come from the US, in particular the cow hides. Cumulatively it felt like the right choice for us to produce in Mexico.

We are focused on making high quality boots using traditional goodyear welt construction. Our main focus will be on the casual boot market, but we will release a few cowboy boot models as well, and maybe expand (if all goes well) into loafers, and leather sandals down the road.

It has been an absolute blast thus far, and i'm learning more and more each and every day. If anyone is interested I can start a thread on our progress, it may be interesting for anyone who wants to launch their brand to read about my experiance.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hey there, yes, it makes sense to produce in Mexico, perhaps finish the product in CA. Such is the way for the production of many clothing items sold in the USA and abroad, same goes leather goods. Happy to follow your company if you'll send a link to your website.

koobs84

Reaction score
Hello folks!! Found this sight while searching reviews on Wolverine 1000 mile boots. Always been a sneakerhead but as I've gotten older I've developed an interest in boots and shoes that will last for many years. My collection has grown with many Wolverine, Danner, Trickers, and Alden boots/shoes. Looking to purchase more Wolverine boots in other colors as well as some Allen Edmonds!

mhip

Reaction score
Uh oh, it now looks like Sartoria Esposito sleeps with the fishes...

Sartoria Esposito

Reaction score
Salve,

My name is Adriana Esposito and I am second generation bespoke Neapolitan menswear tailor based in Casalnuovo di Napoli. I am here to join the Forum and therefore decided briefly to introduce myself to all members.

I am a graduate from the State Institute Isabella d'Este (Naples). I started my career in tailoring as an apprentice under my father in Naples and continued to learn the trade while working for various renowned bespoke tailors like Mariano Rubinacci until I decided to establish my own Sartoria in 2020. I named it: "Sartoria Esposito". My tailoring respects Neapolitan traditions but includes some additional details that I feel give it more contemporary edge.

Cordiali saluti,
Adriana

scotland210590

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just joined.

Im from Scotland in the UK and run a small clothing business that i just started. I stock anything that i think is quality so theres no limits to brands or styles.

Hoping to gain some knowledge on certain brands i am not too familiar with and improve the items i can stock in my store.
Regards,
Mark

l_tap

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just joined.

Im from Scotland in the UK and run a small clothing business that i just started. I stock anything that i think is quality so theres no limits to brands or styles.

Hoping to gain some knowledge on certain brands i am not too familiar with and improve the items i can stock in my store.
Regards,
Mark

Welcome Mark!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score
Why my post was deleted? I am new here and not familiar how it works? regards
Unfortunately, you may not post about your business without being under contract with Styleforum, as you know. We have already communicated via email. If you wish to post further, or use our system in any way to promote your business, please email me again.

Cheers,

Fok.

DMR

Reaction score
Longtime reader, first time poster.

Hoping to get feedback on some briefcases I'm designing (if/when I get permission to) and also just chat about men's fashion, which I've followed since grade school.

Sartoria Esposito

Reaction score
Unfortunately, you may not post about your business without being under contract with Styleforum, as you know. We have already communicated via email. If you wish to post further, or use our system in any way to promote your business, please email me again.

Cheers,

Fok.
Hi received your email and will consider. I thought as this is "Introduce yourself" feed you can talk freely about yourself and what you do, my intention wasn't to advertise as I thought for that you sell banners and space in age forum. Adriana

BrentonCoTailors

Reaction score
Just taking a dive into the community.

We are a bespoke tailor house located in Canada. We've been around since the summer of 2019, and our master tailor is third generation.

Our house cut leans very British, with Italian influences. We have a more structured shoulder, and closed quarters; higher vents and lower button stances. Our house trousers have a 2" inch wide waistband with side adjusters and an extended closure. Our shirt collars are cut 3-dimensionally rather than being cut and attached from a flat surface.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.