• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GAKBO

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a 33yo accountant from and working in London. I’ve used SF for research purposes since learning more about suits to prep for my wedding in 2015. On the back of that I also got into GYW shoes. I’m at the budget end of the quality suits and shoes spectrum, and have just taken plunge and commissioned my first bespoke suit from a city tailor. I’ve always found threads documenting the bespoke process very useful in learning about technical and fit aspects of suits.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I’m a 33yo accountant from and working in London. I’ve used SF for research purposes since learning more about suits to prep for my wedding in 2015. On the back of that I also got into GYW shoes. I’m at the budget end of the quality suits and shoes spectrum, and have just taken plunge and commissioned my first bespoke suit from a city tailor. I’ve always found threads documenting the bespoke process very useful in learning about technical and fit aspects of suits.
I hope that we will continue be of assistance in your research. Welcome!

BeginnerWardr0b

Reaction score
Hi,
I am Umesh. I am a 30 y.o. medical student from India. I just finished my school and came across a few videos on YouTube about men's style and dressing up. It piqued my interest and spurred me into thinking about my dressing sense. I am just starting to build my Beginner Wardrobe and came across this forum in a survey on r/malefashionadvice Looking forward to learning more here on this forum.

Mr Tickle

Reaction score
I'm Mr Tickle, I just love tickling people, particularly my wife and daughter. But in a pinch anyone will do.
I work in a management position in marketing (tech-oriented) in London. This gives me the chance to travel a fair bit so I like tailoring my style to different locales. Suits and black shoes for the city, Barbour and boots for the country, linen and white for the tropics , lots of layers and technical stuff for colder climates.
My main focus is clothes that will last and provide value for money while also being pleasurable to look at and feel. I learned a good while ago that one £100 shirt, carefully sourced, is a better investment than five £20 shirts.
I haven't had much money for the last few years as moving house, getting married and raising a kid through its toddler years has restricted my budget. But things are looking up in that department and I'm looking to more or less completely refresh my wardrobe, and hoping I will get some inspiration as well as meet some nice people here.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm Mr Tickle, I just love tickling people, particularly my wife and daughter. But in a pinch anyone will do.
I work in a management position in marketing (tech-oriented) in London. This gives me the chance to travel a fair bit so I like tailoring my style to different locales. Suits and black shoes for the city, Barbour and boots for the country, linen and white for the tropics , lots of layers and technical stuff for colder climates.
My main focus is clothes that will last and provide value for money while also being pleasurable to look at and feel. I learned a good while ago that one £100 shirt, carefully sourced, is a better investment than five £20 shirts.
I haven't had much money for the last few years as moving house, getting married and raising a kid through its toddler years has restricted my budget. But things are looking up in that department and I'm looking to more or less completely refresh my wardrobe, and hoping I will get some inspiration as well as meet some nice people here.
Hi, that's a nice introduction that you've written. The Joker, Mr. Freeze, Mr. TIckle, any chance that your namesake was a villain on the 60's Batman TV series? Nuff said. Welcome to the forum!

waterside

Reaction score
I started to pay more attention to clothing and personal style around the age of 30. In addition to several books I've read, I always found styleforum a good place to learn people's experiences with specific brands and style advice. I'm happy to register and become a member. Hopefully, I can also contribute in the future.

Social_Giogi

Reaction score
Hello people,
I'm Gionata, 26 years old, from Italy.
It's been a while that I noticed my interests, more or less in all fields, from music to dresses, from literature to food and drinks, changed from some kind of simple and naive pop style to a more personal particular one.
That's the reasons why I'm here: seems like a nice place where to gain better knowledge about what I like by getting exposed to all the interesting activities and hobbies this site has to offer.
As I said at the moment I have lots to discover and to learn, so I've very little to contribute and a lot to ask and read, hope in the future to come in hand sharing my knowledge (IF I'll ever understand anything...)
Cheers!

zonobrah

Reaction score
Hey I'm Nathan from Paris, France.
I have 2 passions in life: gaming and fashion and I'm on a journey to combining both. A huge step is to educated myself in the fashion world, trying to understand sewing, patterns, cutting, etc... and the business side of things.

Gaming is my passion, my job and my go to activity but fashion has always been an interest that kept growing as I've been losing weight and been a huge target of streetwear and sneakers culture.

I recently decided to launch a clothing company from scratch and documenting my process on a YouTube channel called Project Stuff, it has 27 subscribers for now but I love making a journal in video :)

In this forum, I want to be an active member in different thread, looking for the diy peeps btw :) but I would also love to share some of my creation and get your guys' thoughts and feedbacks on them.

Cheers to you all :) Talk soon

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello people,
I'm Gionata, 26 years old, from Italy.
It's been a while that I noticed my interests, more or less in all fields, from music to dresses, from literature to food and drinks, changed from some kind of simple and naive pop style to a more personal particular one.
That's the reasons why I'm here: seems like a nice place where to gain better knowledge about what I like by getting exposed to all the interesting activities and hobbies this site has to offer.
As I said at the moment I have lots to discover and to learn, so I've very little to contribute and a lot to ask and read, hope in the future to come in hand sharing my knowledge (IF I'll ever understand anything...)
Cheers!
Hello Gionata, I hope that we can be of assistance to you in your quest. Welcome!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm Nathan from Paris, France.
I have 2 passions in life: gaming and fashion and I'm on a journey to combining both. A huge step is to educated myself in the fashion world, trying to understand sewing, patterns, cutting, etc... and the business side of things.

Gaming is my passion, my job and my go to activity but fashion has always been an interest that kept growing as I've been losing weight and been a huge target of streetwear and sneakers culture.

I recently decided to launch a clothing company from scratch and documenting my process on a YouTube channel called Project Stuff, it has 27 subscribers for now but I love making a journal in video :)

In this forum, I want to be an active member in different thread, looking for the diy peeps btw :) but I would also love to share some of my creation and get your guys' thoughts and feedbacks on them.

Cheers to you all :) Talk soon
Hi Nathan, welcome to the forum!

yitianjian

Reaction score
Hey everyone, super new member here but long-time lurker. David from Vancouver, Canada

Currently a software engineer with an interest in fashion. Unfortunately, my social circle and work limits what I can wear, so it's mostly in the casual/smart casual sphere.

Lots of interests in quite a few different places, but here to learn and hopefully one day contribute back. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads