Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. GSCollectiveLtd

GSCollectiveLtd New Member

Hello Style Forum,

I am Josh, i just joined this forum recently because I have a serious interest in good denim and all around good quality products that dont have the likeness of a LV or Gucci or all these huge brands that started as high fashion with high quality and have turned into high fashion with I was made in china pasted all over it... not to say nothing out of china is quality, its just not the quality i expect for a $200+ pair of jeans..

I am also a clothes line owner and would like to spread the word about my line Green Spark Collective ltd., as well as find new contacts that way lead to supply lines in Japan for premium organic denim so that i can introduce an organic selvage denim under a sub line called J.F.K. Bleus.

Thanks for the great welcome and i hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site!!!

JFK - AKA Josh

2. kidsampson

kidsampson Member

New here and looking to learn the basics of style and get some input on defining my own personal style while building a respectable and tasteful wardrobe. I'm a 32 year old professional from Kentucky who works in a casual environment and often feels too dressed up even in a tie, much less tailored clothes and a jacket. (Environment more than personal comfort and preference.)

I like learning about fabrics and classic approaches to manners, dress, and shaving. Looking forward to sharing my knowledge and love of micro-brewed beer and bourbon in exchange for the fashion advice I'll no doubt receive here. Really enamored with watches and shoes, although finding affordable quality styles within my budget will be an issue. Also looking to learn about and invest in quality denim, as I've never owned a pair of jeans that cost more than $80, and even then I didn't purchase them until they were on sale.

Looking to branch out and also learn more about choosing and incorporating simple accessories, preferably simple things that don't look ostentatious: I don't like to be the center of attention, but I do pride myself in looking well put-together.

3. pghaffari

pghaffari New Member

hiii

im a 19 year old student @ ucla..

enough said, just made an account so whenever i have questions i can get some good advice from people with SWAAAAGGG :)

thats it for now , GRATZI very much

4. beepbeep

beepbeep New Member

What's up guys. I'm just posting here to see if it works. Great site!

5. timebomb

timebomb Member

Found this forum after looking for tips on how to fit a suit properly. I'm 24 and haven't owned a suit since prom but want to build a proper adult male wardrobe.

6. frenchboy

frenchboy New Member

I'm Vincent, 18 years old from France. I want to improve my wardrobe.

7. david3558

david3558 Senior member

8. Cold Storage

Cold Storage Member

Hello. My name is Brandon. Been lurking the board for a few years.

I wont lie, I signed up today to try out the business end of this forum. After 10 years of selling on eBay I have had it with those guys! (Sound familiar?)

Anyways, I am a college student with decent scholarships and financial aide. I also used to maeka bit of money on the side selling records but for the past year have been selling mostly clothes instead. Really, you never know what I might be selling next but a lot of the time it tends to be the stuff I wear like Fred Perry, Ben Sherman, LaCoste, some Hugo Boss, etc.

Ill try to say something here and there, and hopefully make a sale or two as well! Cheers.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  9. sask boot

sask boot Senior member

I have been reading the forum for a while and finally got around to signing up. I am teacher so I dress business/casual. I just feel better when I know I am dressed well for the day. I have learned a lot from styleforum and hope to keep improving. Nice to meet everyone.

10. Varis

Varis New Member

Hi there. I'm a 19 years old young man from Finland. I've been lurking the board for a while and I finally decided to join the site.

11. marcusjaw

marcusjaw New Member

Hi, I'm Marcus.
    I joined this site to know more about real style - so far I've worn casual clothes, but I feel it's time to change it:)

12. dere

dere New Member

13. dere

dere New Member

I tried to make a thread but I'm not allowed to make one? I submitted it and the thread just disappeared. The thread counted to my post count so I don't know where it went.

This is what the page said:

Quote:

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  14. rmckee47

rmckee47 Member

I'm Bob (rmckee47). I run a little business from the Boston burbs that gets companies on GSA (govt) contracts. I have clients in 20 states, which is fun. My dress is casual, except for my shoes which are mainly Alden, AE, vintage Florsheim, all of which go surprisingly well with Levis or khakis. My wife thinks it's hilarious that her husband has more shoes than she. For clothing I'm partial to BB: their cotton shirts and trousers look great with little care, their wool trousers hold a nice crease for years, and their jackets are great quality with a classic look. This year I decided to switch off golf shirts and acquired a dozen Tommy Bahama silk shirts (new w/o tags) from ebay. Friends have been surprised to see me covered with parrots and hibiscus. I'm in my '60's and stay active by playing tennis, platform tennis, kayaking, and running our dogs on conservation land.

15. thanhhuysing

thanhhuysing Member

Hi everyone!

My name is Huy and currently, I am a style columnist for a couple of fashion magazines. I am also a fashion blogger as the owner of www.wardrobe4x4.com. Studied International Business Management, however, my passion for fashion has always been expressed in engaging ways with fashion industry, from magazines, exhibitions to runway.

I am looking forward to sharing my passion with everyone!

Yours in style,

--

[​IMG]

WWW.WARDROBE4x4.COM