• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JWilliamsatlaw

Reaction score
Brand new here. Found this place because I was looking up info on the Santoni Laurence shoes I found yesterday at Nordstrom rack. They were on clearance at 60% off $950, plus 30% off that for Black Friday sale. Plus $60 off for getting a store card, plus more discounts off our purchases of another $75. So I got them for a really good price. I have great luck on shoes for some reason. Found Bruno Magli at Rack for about 25% of retail last summer. I have suits tailored at John Daniel when they do 2 for 1. I am an attorney who likes to look like I own the room without actually paying that much. Need a good source for high end ties at 1/4 the price.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Brand new here. Found this place because I was looking up info on the Santoni Laurence shoes I found yesterday at Nordstrom rack. They were on clearance at 60% off $950, plus 30% off that for Black Friday sale. Plus $60 off for getting a store card, plus more discounts off our purchases of another $75. So I got them for a really good price. I have great luck on shoes for some reason. Found Bruno Magli at Rack for about 25% of retail last summer. I have suits tailored at John Daniel when they do 2 for 1. I am an attorney who likes to look like I own the room without actually paying that much. Need a good source for high end ties at 1/4 the price.
Welcome JWilliams at law!

jtwo

Reaction score
Hi guys! My name is Justin and I'm a longtime lurker, finally looking to start posting as I add to my wardrobe in the coming months.

BespokeNoob

Reaction score
This is a thread in which you introduce yourself, regulars and new members alike. This is one thread I'd like to keep reasonably civil and reasonably clean, so, let's do that, okay?

I'll start. I'm Fok, one of the adminstrators on the forum. I have a bunch of kids and live in Idaho. If anyone told me any of the above 6 years ago, I would have wanted whatever they were smoking.

I wear jeans 24/7 - mostly Triple Works and RRL, and otherwise, have a lot of belts and overpriced Italian made sneakers. I mix up Wings+Horns, RRL, Jil Sander, Margiela, Haversack, Woolrich Woolen Mills, and SNS Herning,

Hope that you guys have a good time on the forum.

Cheers,

Fok.
Hi there

My name is Jae and I’m new to this forum. Based in the US.

I’ve been bitten by the bespoke bug and cannot turn back. However, I am having difficulty, as I’m a woman, in finding the quality with regard to suits, tailoring etc that is available to men. There’s a wealth of knowledge, and understandably so, with regard to men’s custom tailoring and resources but not so much for women.

I find suiting on ladies extremely sexy and feminine when done correctly.

Any recommendations with regard to bespoke and/or made-to-measure that knows how to create for women would be appreciated.

interested in suits, shirting, shoes and outerwear.

thanks!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi there

I’ve been bitten by the bespoke bug and cannot turn back. However, I am having difficulty, as I’m a woman, in finding the quality with regard to suits, tailoring etc that is available to men. There’s a wealth of knowledge, and understandably so, with regard to men’s custom tailoring and resources but not so much for women.

Any recommendations with regard to bespoke and/or made-to-measure that knows how to create for women would be appreciated.

thanks!
Hi Jae, welcome to the forum!

OGSuper200s

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I'm new to this forum ... I discovered the forum while doing a search for learning how Brioni suits fit for men.
I'm fairly new to the world of actually beginning my wardrobe of quality menswear; however, I have had a long years appreciation for top quality suits and tailoring as I've been a big fan of classic menswear.
I would like to start a new routine for myself where I dress up at least twice a week no matter the occasion and spend the day well dressed.
I know what I like but I'm playing catch up with terms and trying to figure out how to explain what I like and am looking forward to learning about all things sartorial ...
I'm fascinated by ebay and other online stores who sell quality used designer clothes as well as new clothes.
My favorite designers thus far are Brioni, Cuccinili and Loro Piana. I'm discovering many more designers and boutique bespoke tailors and I'm hopeful the general quality of life and practical customs and etiquette might make a return for people in general.
Finally, I'm all of a sudden super enthusiastic about women who wear vintage style dress like Chanel and Gucci and am trying to find out who can create these classic designs for a woman who is size 12 thru 16 or plus size.
Thank you in advance and I will also lean towards making purchases thru the forum to help affiliate retailers and this site so send me links!
Oh! I'm a size 46L minimum and usually a 48R/L though sometimes a 50R so anyone with these size suits and clothes get to know me, lol!

gaffataep

Reaction score
Ahoj everybody!
My name is Clemens, and I'm a newly registered user here - gotta admit that I was lurking the SLP thread every now and then before. Anyway, I'm based in a small country in the midst of the EU - take a guess! - and I'm mostly into French design houses like SLP, Dior and Berluti. But I'm also a sucker for certain Haider Ackermann and Enfants Riches Deprimes designs. Hate Thom Brown, most Gucci stuff and DSquared2 (sorrynotsorry).

Most of my closet is SLP, The Kooples and Vintage Made in Italy/France..
Looking forward to getting to know the community and also potentially exchanging some outfit ideas!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Ahoj everybody!
My name is Clemens, and I'm a newly registered user here - gotta admit that I was lurking the SLP thread every now and then before. Anyway, I'm based in a small country in the midst of the EU - take a guess! - and I'm mostly into French design houses like SLP, Dior and Berluti. But I'm also a sucker for certain Haider Ackermann and Enfants Riches Deprimes designs. Hate Thom Brown, most Gucci stuff and DSquared2 (sorrynotsorry).

Most of my closet is SLP, The Kooples and Vintage Made in Italy/France..
Looking forward to getting to know the community and also potentially exchanging some outfit ideas!
Hello Clemens, welcome aboard!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is John and I'm new to this forum ... I discovered the forum while doing a search for learning how Brioni suits fit for men.
I'm fairly new to the world of actually beginning my wardrobe of quality menswear; however, I have had a long years appreciation for top quality suits and tailoring as I've been a big fan of classic menswear.
I would like to start a new routine for myself where I dress up at least twice a week no matter the occasion and spend the day well dressed.
I know what I like but I'm playing catch up with terms and trying to figure out how to explain what I like and am looking forward to learning about all things sartorial ...
I'm fascinated by ebay and other online stores who sell quality used designer clothes as well as new clothes.
My favorite designers thus far are Brioni, Cuccinili and Loro Piana. I'm discovering many more designers and boutique bespoke tailors and I'm hopeful the general quality of life and practical customs and etiquette might make a return for people in general.
Finally, I'm all of a sudden super enthusiastic about women who wear vintage style dress like Chanel and Gucci and am trying to find out who can create these classic designs for a woman who is size 12 thru 16 or plus size.
Thank you in advance and I will also lean towards making purchases thru the forum to help affiliate retailers and this site so send me links!
Oh! I'm a size 46L minimum and usually a 48R/L though sometimes a 50R so anyone with these size suits and clothes get to know me, lol!
John, welcome to the forum!

Saodavi

Reaction score
Hi there

thanks!
First post here, but Hugo Jacomet has a YouTube channel called "Sartorial Talks". He's pretty much about all things bespoke. His wife Sonya Nicholson wears a lot of bespoke suits and such. You might try their channel. They're both very helpful.

Good luck!

Saodavi

Reaction score
SaoDavi here. I've been getting into men's style lately and all roads seem to lead here; or at least reference it frequently. I figured it'd be easier to just join and ask questions rather than continuing to creep and hope someone else brings up topics that I'm interested in.

Odds of this site making me a lot poorer? 6:1

OGSuper200s

Reaction score
SaoDavi here. I've been getting into men's style lately and all roads seem to lead here; or at least reference it frequently. I figured it'd be easier to just join and ask questions rather than continuing to creep and hope someone else brings up topics that I'm interested in.

I could not have said it better what you just did ... lol! Another reason why I enjoy this forum and classic menswear clothes in general is there exists this ongoing cohesion of sorts already shared well by everybody who enjoys quality style ...

Sinyo18

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 32 3.8%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 144 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 279 33.1%
  • 21 - 30