Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. trial8889

trial8889 Member

I'm Ivan. I'm new here.. I love shopping and hopefully this site can facilitate my hobby :) Cheers...

2. like a BOSS

like a BOSS Well-Known Member

Hey I'm 28 and got into the fashion blog craze via The Sartorialist book and has since got out of hand since then. I have an honours degree in Molecular Biology but currently don't use it as I am too busy running a nightclub. My job allows me to wear unique business attire on a daily and nightly basis. For this reason I have gravitated towards the likes of SARTORIA PARTENOPEA, BOGLIOLI, L.B.M. 1911, CORNELIANI, and BORRELLI. Working in a bar environment has expelled any hope of wearing non denim pants due to wear and tear and kneck ties can be a life threatening hazard if worn! I started my spend more buy less fashion philosophy with Eton shirts, to this day I still have the very first one that I purchased second hand 7 years ago!

I have lurked around SF a little over the last couple of months and decided it was time to get amongst it and add my two cents where necessary. So here goes nothing!

3. SirCutnPaste

SirCutnPaste New Member

I'm new to the forum. I'm an urban designer and dress is fairly casual as we are out on site a lot reviewing projects. I appreciate being able to review items here before purchasing them.

4. ajfromtheblock

ajfromtheblock Member

Hi everyone, I'm an assistant buyer at a premium department store in The Netherlands. My favorite brands would have to be Rick Owens, Rad Hourani, Damir Doma etc. but I also love to shop at COS and other minimalistic brands.

Thanks!

5. Wedin

Wedin Member

Hi, my name is Dag. I`m 32 and live in Gothenburg, Sweden.
    I´ve recently developed an interest in fashion and fine clothing.
    Shoes especially!

6. bydandie

bydandie Active Member

Hi folks,

I'm Des from the UK, into watches (Bremont a favourite), fountain pens (Pelikan) and shoes (just got into Loake and Cheaney). Relaly registered as I've been reading the forum over the past week, but am looking to get into fashion made in the UK that fits a 6'8" frame! :)

7. whodicapfit

whodicapfit Member

Hi I'm a new poster
    Abide in Scotland in my 50s been into the whole Bootboy,Revival Mod,Skinhead all my life have a passion for all Quality British made clothes
    bespoke by choice but not always .
    Recently have been buying from Jump the gun ,Mikkel Rude also Dna Groove but also wear Freds and Penguin Docs Cheany's and Loakes
    Love the suited and booted look ..................have been involved around the scooter scene for 30 odd years and have always owned a scooter
    also a MG
    very into the retro look I'm getting on now but love to keep it SHARP.........................

8. Sly Tendencies

Sly Tendencies Member

Hi, names Sly.

Just joined here, will be reading a lot as I'm trying to improve my image.

I'm 18 and live in a small (ish) town in the UK.

Also does anyone know where i can get a pair of these?

[​IMG]

I know they're called 'yele haiti' Earth keepers, cant find anywhere to buy them from though...

Sly.

9. thelukker

thelukker Member

Tom from NY. Working with Bloomberg.

10. Wultan

Wultan New Member

Hi all.

Im a 32 y old man living in Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe. Im married with my lovely wife who thankfully doesn't have as expensive clothing habbits as I does[​IMG]
    I work for the justice department and do a lot of traveling.

To work i wear a suit, shirt, tie and black shoes. Besides that Im a denim kind of guy and wear my jeans as much as possible. Favorite brands are LVC, LEE 101, Indigofera and Nudie. Always RAW demin. Other than that I prefer brands with a history and good quality such as John Smedley, SNS Herning, Eton, Stenström etc.

My real craving though is for boots. Favorite brands here are Red Wing, Crockett and Jones, Loake and RM Williams.

11. kimchimonster

kimchimonster Member

Hello, I'm 24 yr old guy working in IT consulting. I'm into powerlifting, drums, guitar and metal music. I'm on here looking for style advice because my style sucks.

12. kimchimonster

kimchimonster Member

Hello, I'm Dan from Boston.

13. Fenthorn

Fenthorn New Member

Im an anaesthesiologist in my thirties, I live and work in Poland and I hope to show you some proofs of Polish decent craftsmanship since I take delight in bespoke tailoring. Apart from my sartorial fascinations I do enjoy French and Spanish wine, Indian cuisine, classical music and the immortal sounds of Rammstein.
    I would have belonged to the Wide Foot Fraternity if such had ever existed. Through years I have learnt to share my life with my feet which are nothing but a beauty. I do appreciate every suiting me nice pair of shoes...
    Thats my introduction. I need time now to go through the forum pages.
    Regards, Andre.

Last edited: May 21, 2012

14. arzie13

arzie13 New Member

Ross, living in Chicago but from Louisiana.
    I'm the Product/Creative Director for threadless.com, a crowdsourced t-shirt(/other stuff) company. Love buying quality over quantity(except with t-shirts, I want both). In the process of revamping threadless' higher end select line to be 100% USA made... and also a bit more styleforum savvy.

15. GSCollectiveLtd

GSCollectiveLtd New Member

Hello Style Forum,

I am Josh, i just joined this forum recently because I have a serious interest in good denim and all around good quality products that dont have the likeness of a LV or Gucci or all these huge brands that started as high fashion with high quality and have turned into high fashion with I was made in china pasted all over it... not to say nothing out of china is quality, its just not the quality i expect for a $200+ pair of jeans..

I am also a clothes line owner and would like to spread the word about my line Green Spark Collective ltd., as well as find new contacts that way lead to supply lines in Japan for premium organic denim so that i can introduce an organic selvage denim under a sub line called J.F.K. Bleus.

Thanks for the great welcome and i hope to learn a lot from everyone on this site!!!

JFK - AKA Josh