1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. kazusano

kazusano New Member

Hi all! I am actually a returning member, but I think it's been so long since I posted that my account got deleted. I used to post under "ks," and I have a couple of posts that were questions and (I think) some comments. But, I'm back. In San Francisco. Tend to be a lurker. Love bespoke, but can't afford it. Did get a Sam Hober 7 fold tie based on reviews on this site. Also, getting my second pair of Lobb (London) shoes in a month, so I'm very excited about that. Other than that, for the most part, I just dream about bespoke based on the posts I read here. Thanks for having me back!

2. hydro_logic

hydro_logic New Member

What's up guys and gals! I'm getting married in October and I really want to research how to dress properly for it. Look forward to learning from all you.

Cheers!

3. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Hello Andrew, lurk no more. This fellow Angeleno welcomes you to the forum. Let us know if you have any questions.

4. liamfelsen

liamfelsen New Member

Hi, I’m Liam. I’m an attorney in Louisville and I am learning more about Men’s fashion. Enjoy dressing up,for work and down when not working. Hard to really pin down my style. Looking forward to exploring, appreciate the site being here!

5. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Hi Liam, welcome to the forum!

6. once a day

once a day Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Welcome Sei!

7. once a day

once a day Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

Welcome @liamfelsen - i'd say remain unpinned, having an open mind make things more interesting.

8. topnotchgear

topnotchgear New Member

Hi I'm topnotch. I have looked up things on styleforum for some time now. Decided to go ahead and join. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Carlos Santos Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina from Herrring shoes. My brannock device shoe size is 9. I was advised to get a 7.5UK, as a do wear inserts in my shoes to keep them happy. Any insight would be great as far as the fit of those particular shoes and the sizing from US to UK

9. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

Check out this thread, your question would be right at home here!
    https://www.styleforum.net/threads/boots-boots-boots-for-boot-guys-only.450433/page-618#post-9693713

10. topnotchgear

topnotchgear New Member

11. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Distinguished Member

I am also a boot guy, that thread includes an incredibly diverse group of styles and knowledge.

I own no Santos so could not provide any direct help.

12. topnotchgear

topnotchgear New Member

No problem, thanks for taking the time. I'm reading through it right now like a crack fiend, or should I say shoe fiend. So much info on boots, which I prefer to regular shoes. I finally found some kindred spirits.

13. The Thrifter

The Thrifter New Member

Hey guys, girls, peoples...The Thrifter has arrived! Los Angeles native. I indulge in the procurement of previously enjoyed luxury goods....Ok I shop at the Goodwill. But I always find AWESOME stuff. It started as an eBay selling business but has evolved into me building my collection of some really nice clothes, shoes and jewelry. Thanks for having me!

14. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

The Thrifter, welcome to the forum. I too am a fellow Angeleno. Please shout me out if you have any questions.

15. CCF

CCF New Member

Hello. I am addicted to purchasing Filson goods and have been for many years. I found styleforum mixed in with some Google search results when browsing for information on a Filson bag. I live in the midsouth (Memphis TN) and work as a Software Engineer for a pediatric cancer research hospital.