• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

hydro_logic

Reaction score
What's up guys and gals! I'm getting married in October and I really want to research how to dress properly for it. Look forward to learning from all you.

Cheers!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hey, I'm Andrew. Married, no children but trying - work as COO for a private label clothing producer. I've dressed moderately well since after college. Live in LA and workplace is pretty casual so don't get to dress as much as I'd like, but I try to do well for social affairs. Most days are jeans and a button down with anything else dependent on the weather. I like to pretend LA is cold enough to justify a peacoat in winter.
I've been doing bespoke suiting for a while, recently been focused on upping my shoe game.
Longtime unregistered lurker. Registered so I could ask some questions when I see interesting things pop up.
Hello Andrew, lurk no more. This fellow Angeleno welcomes you to the forum. Let us know if you have any questions.

liamfelsen

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Liam. I’m an attorney in Louisville and I am learning more about Men’s fashion. Enjoy dressing up,for work and down when not working. Hard to really pin down my style. Looking forward to exploring, appreciate the site being here!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Liam. I’m an attorney in Louisville and I am learning more about Men’s fashion. Enjoy dressing up,for work and down when not working. Hard to really pin down my style. Looking forward to exploring, appreciate the site being here!
Hi Liam, welcome to the forum!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Name is Sei,

Currently living in Tokyo, Japan.

In the past I've been a fan of more "mode" fashion styles, like Rick Owens, or Yohji Yamamoto. However, I had my very first suit made last summer, and have been hooked on the sartorial/tailored look since. Currently trying to build up my sartorial wardrobe one step at a time.

The ideal would be to somehow be able to mix guidi boots with tailored slacks or something, but I'll have to think and work on that on the side.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
Welcome Sei!

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome @liamfelsen - i'd say remain unpinned, having an open mind make things more interesting.

topnotchgear

Reaction score
Hi I'm topnotch. I have looked up things on styleforum for some time now. Decided to go ahead and join. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Carlos Santos Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina from Herrring shoes. My brannock device shoe size is 9. I was advised to get a 7.5UK, as a do wear inserts in my shoes to keep them happy. Any insight would be great as far as the fit of those particular shoes and the sizing from US to UK

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm topnotch. I have looked up things on styleforum for some time now. Decided to go ahead and join. I'm looking to pull the trigger on a Carlos Santos Chelsea boot in Coimbra patina from Herrring shoes. My brannock device shoe size is 9. I was advised to get a 7.5UK, as a do wear inserts in my shoes to keep them happy. Any insight would be great as far as the fit of those particular shoes and the sizing from US to UK
Check out this thread, your question would be right at home here!
https://www.styleforum.net/threads/boots-boots-boots-for-boot-guys-only.450433/page-618#post-9693713

BagleyBrown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. Great thread cuz, I believe I'm a boot guy
I am also a boot guy, that thread includes an incredibly diverse group of styles and knowledge.

I own no Santos so could not provide any direct help.

topnotchgear

Reaction score
I am also a boot guy, that thread includes an incredibly diverse group of styles and knowledge.

I own no Santos so could not provide any direct help.
No problem, thanks for taking the time. I'm reading through it right now like a crack fiend, or should I say shoe fiend. So much info on boots, which I prefer to regular shoes. I finally found some kindred spirits.

The Thrifter

Reaction score
Hey guys, girls, peoples...The Thrifter has arrived! Los Angeles native. I indulge in the procurement of previously enjoyed luxury goods....Ok I shop at the Goodwill. But I always find AWESOME stuff. It started as an eBay selling business but has evolved into me building my collection of some really nice clothes, shoes and jewelry. Thanks for having me!

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Hey guys, girls, peoples...The Thrifter has arrived! Los Angeles native. I indulge in the procurement of previously enjoyed luxury goods....Ok I shop at the Goodwill. But I always find AWESOME stuff. It started as an eBay selling business but has evolved into me building my collection of some really nice clothes, shoes and jewelry. Thanks for having me!
The Thrifter, welcome to the forum. I too am a fellow Angeleno. Please shout me out if you have any questions.

CCF

Reaction score
Hello. I am addicted to purchasing Filson goods and have been for many years. I found styleforum mixed in with some Google search results when browsing for information on a Filson bag. I live in the midsouth (Memphis TN) and work as a Software Engineer for a pediatric cancer research hospital.

Sinyo18

Reaction score
Dear Filson addict, while I must confess that I do empathize with your passion for Filson, I suggest that you consider a step program for recovery. All on this list are made in the USA.

1. Revo Luna
2. Flowfold
3. Frost River
4. Green Guru
4.Wolfman *Do not pack this bag under a full moon
5. MIS - Make It Simple
6. Mystery Ranch
7. Topo Designs
8. DSPTCH
9. Chrome Industries
10. Triple Aught Design
11. Defy Bags
12. Killspencer

(Btw, in no way, shape or form do I mean to trivialize those struggling with addiction, or recovery programs such as AA)

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: CCF

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.