1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Uni/form LA. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, UNI/FORM LA, a brand focused on improving the clothing you wear everyday. Their elevated essentials are handmade in LA and built for daily wear. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. BigDaddy75

BigDaddy75 New Member

Thanks, I’m hoping to be finished by next summer.

2. Viniq

Viniq New Member

Short-time lurker. Decided to sign up straight away since I simply wanted to not be a long-time lurker for once.
    21, Dutch, Business Student. Currently based in Shanghai for an internship. Nice to meet you guys!

Have always been a bit into classic menswear, but more recently it became one of my more predominant interests.
    Currently have a MTM 3-piece suit in the make from a random tailor at the South Bund Soft Spinning Market. It's only costing me a $120 but figured it'd be nice to have one here, as I didn't take a full suit with me on my trip. Dark navy with a brown-burgundy thin pinstripe. Quite curious how that's going to look when it's finished.

3. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Dear Shanghai based Dutchman, lurk no more. Welcome to the forum.

4. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

Hola, mi nombre es Josep, me uno a ustedes para seguir mejorando.
    Saludos.

5. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Hola Josep, bienvenido al foro.

6. Zapasman

Zapasman Distinguished Member

Hi Giu, nice to have you here man.

7. reinhardgs

reinhardgs Well-Known Member

After a long time of absence, returning to styleforum

8. caschta

caschta New Member

Short time lurker here, based in Germany. Currently in my first job, it's been almost a year and since then I'm interested in menswear. My wardrobe has a solid foundation for now but that's the point where it gets interesting.
    Working in an IT department in a bank gives me freedom for both professional and more casual pieces of tailoring.

Cheers!

9. LMendo

LMendo New Member

Relatively long time lurker from Germany. Finally decided to sign up. 20 years old and currently studying law.

I have always been interested in classic menswear, but only really got into it about a year ago. I only have a few nice pieces in my wardrobe but i am looking forward to slowly expanding it in the future.

10. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Willkommen deutsche Freunde im Forum.

11. So2000andLate

So2000andLate New Member

Hey guys!

Been lurking around here for the longest, though I have dressed myself for 30 years, I've only been more cognizant of how I dress myself for the last 5 or so years. Got myself my first REALLY nice suit (My opinion) just a few weeks ago, it's a Vicuna Kiton but man was it costly. Looking to find some better cheaper options that I can use for work and play as well. Anyone have any solid websites that don't take forever to ship? Or if they do take a while, have it be a bespoke suit so that it's worth the wait :)! Let me know!

Thanks,
    So2000andLate :p

12. macrozie

macrozie New Member

Hi everyone. New to the forum; long time lurker. Not much to say but thank you all for all your knowledge.

13. Fra-cmp

Fra-cmp New Member

Hi guys!

I’m new to the forum, very long time lurker and finaly decided to cre an account!
    I’m 27, Italian living in Switzerland. I like watches, good shoes and nicely dressed gentlmen.
    Looking forward to learn more about style!

Thanks for sharing so much knowledge!

14. Norriss

Norriss New Member

My name is Sean, I live in Ohio and, though I've been a @dieworkwear and PutThisOn reader for over a decade, I'm looking to make my first decent suit purchase for a grad school interview (https://www.bw.edu/graduate/physician-assistant/) and -- obviously -- making my first StyleForum post. Possibly less obvious, this is my only forum post of any kind.

These are the options I am considering:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/grey-birdseye-s-130-wool-suit.html
    Free shipping and returns for 30 days

https://thearmoury.com/products/ring-jacket-wool-nailhead-amj03-suit?variant=1444538646543
    Free shipping, self-paid returns

And a used Ring Jacket suit with no returns but significant savings. It's essentially this.
    https://therake.com/ring-jacket-dark-grey-calm-twist-wool-suit.html

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thank you.

15. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Sean, welcome.