1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10 : Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is one of three sets of of Sam Hober Tie and Pocket Square sets courtesy of David Hober. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. mr.Red

mr.Red New Member

Hello

Long time reader, I've decided to join the community. Mid 30's, I work in IT, where "casualness" became an illness, in my opinion. And styleforum, sort of a medicine for me.)

2. bencap

bencap New Member

Hello, I'm 30 and a long time lurker (found out about the forum through posting on superfuture back when it was much more active). I've recently moved overseas from the bay area and am spending a lot more time on the internet, so I finally registered. I'm currently looking for design work in France (living in the Grenoble region now).

I wear a lot of APC, Ervell, and assorted Scandinavian brands. Pretty boring and minimal stuff. I was heavily involved in the DIY punk/metal scene growing up and it hasn't influenced my sartorial choices much, but made a big impact on my world view and ethics. I have more hobbies and interests than I have time for (photography, learning Dutch, skateboarding, playing music, illustration, and tons of reading to name a few).

3. lordunderpants

lordunderpants New Member

Hi errybody.

I am a 28 yo engineer currently working in the middle east. I stumbled upon SF perhaps 3 years back when I started reading a bit more about traditional menswear. I thoroughly enjoy very traditional pieces and cuts however I have had plenty of difficulty on building a proper collection due to thereally poor quality of RTW and even shoddier work by supposed bespoke tailors in the region.

I am a huge fan of unconventional dyed leathers (olive & blue being favourites) and museum effect. Working on finding the right fit of pants for myself which being a big guy (40" W) is not too easy.

4. L75008

L75008 New Member

My name is Laurent, I'm a French blogger and journalist. I'm most familiar with French tailors, Italian menswear and high-end accessories.

5. mikempt

mikempt Member

Hello everyone, Mike based in Paris, I enjoy all fashion pretty much and get outfit inspiration from anything.

6. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Mike, welcome to the forum!

7. Guccigod

Guccigod New Member

How do u make a post? I nd to find out if this is authentic

20181005_143503.jpg

Screenshot_2018-10-03-09-33-33.png

20181005_143536.jpg

20181005_143608.jpg

8. sinnottj

sinnottj Member

Hi,

James from the UK here. I've been browsing these forums for a few years now, thought I'd join up!

9. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Welcome James.

10. JJBrown

JJBrown New Member

Hi

I'm Justin, and i've been a reader for a little while. I'm a software engineer and i've been putting a little more into my look recently. Figured I might as well join!

11. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Welcome Justin.

12. Qiulaohu

Qiulaohu New Member

I'm T from Mexico, Since I work in construction, I can't wear fancy clothes almost never, but I do love some nice garments.

13. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Welcome T.

14. BigDaddy75

BigDaddy75 New Member

Hello, my name is Jeff and my wife and I just relocated to the central Texas area. My wife and I moved from Tennessee and have enjoyed our first few months here. I am in retail and will be finishing my bachelors in business management. I hope to get into upper management next year.

15. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Welcome Jeff. Best of success with the completion of your degree.