• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Svdharma

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Julian. I wear dark chinos or jeans with a button up shirt and high top Clarks chukkas most days. I have a penchant for vintage shirts, flannels, and jackets, especially in cool materials like wool, linen, mohair, and crepe. I like clean, simple lines and I like to let the texture of the materials do the talking. I am interested in design and I like to make cloths and accessories as an outlet for my creativity.

30000shoes

Reaction score
Hi, I'm 30000shoes. I've only recently started to explore style and fashion options in the last year or so. My current go-to style is dark, asymmetrically patterned shirts, dark jeans and light boots (chelseas/chukkas). For summer, I've been trying to change it up and go for lighter colors, dressier sneakers, but I'm definitely a fall/winter kinda guy because I love boots and jackets. Some of my favorite brands are: Ted Baker, Allsaints, Allen Edmonds, A.P.C., Paul Smith, Helmut Lang, etc. I've also started to dabble in some splurgey-high-end accessories from brands like Gucci, Prada and Alexander McQueen (their clothing items are not really my style - or within my budget - but I do like those accessories). It's been really fun and liberating to spend time exploring brands and fashion and clothing, and it's kept me from some more self-destructive habits. Now I would rather spend the weekend going shopping or looking for good deals online than out all night drinking or worse. I'm on this forum because I think my friends are getting sick of hearing me talk about clothes and shoes and wallets - oh my.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 30000shoes. I've only recently started to explore style and fashion options in the last year or so. My current go-to style is dark, asymmetrically patterned shirts, dark jeans and light boots (chelseas/chukkas). For summer, I've been trying to change it up and go for lighter colors, dressier sneakers, but I'm definitely a fall/winter kinda guy because I love boots and jackets. Some of my favorite brands are: Ted Baker, Allsaints, Allen Edmonds, A.P.C., Paul Smith, Helmut Lang, etc. I've also started to dabble in some splurgey-high-end accessories from brands like Gucci, Prada and Alexander McQueen (their clothing items are not really my style - or within my budget - but I do like those accessories). It's been really fun and liberating to spend time exploring brands and fashion and clothing, and it's kept me from some more self-destructive habits. Now I would rather spend the weekend going shopping or looking for good deals online than out all night drinking or worse. I'm on this forum because I think my friends are getting sick of hearing me talk about clothes and shoes and wallets - oh my.
Dear Mr. 3000 Shoes, ("shoes" for short?) good that you're doing research to find out what you like. The challenge is to then find out what about these things are attractive to you. The goal for all of us here is to find our own personal style. That has nothing to do with fashion. I'll break it down to you like this, fashion is a momentary blip almost like a pop band that has a one or a few hits in a certain era, but cannot transend. Style is personal and should be transendent. It speaks to your personal character. Certainly style may also include some fashionable elements, but it never seeks to capitalize on that. Being fashionable on its own is largely useless. You can enjoy it much as you would any hobby. Lastly, finding your own personal style has nothing to do with other people, it has everything to do with you having value in your appearance and how you present yourself to the world.

30000shoes

Reaction score
Dear Mr. 3000 Shoes, ("shoes" for short?) good that you're doing research to find out what you like. The challenge is to then find out what about these things are attractive to you. The goal for all of us here is to find our own personal style. That has nothing to do with fashion. I'll break it down to you like this, fashion is a momentary blip almost like a pop band that has a one or a few hits in a certain era, but cannot transend. Style is personal and should be transendent. It speaks to your personal character. Certainly style may also include some fashionable elements, but it never seeks to capitalize on that. Being fashionable on its own is largely useless. You can enjoy it much as you would any hobby. Lastly, finding your own personal style has nothing to do with other people, it has everything to do with you having value in your appearance and how you present yourself to the world.
Thanks for responding! But telling other people the "correct" way to view and feel about subjective elements of life like style and art, fashion and clothing is a bit myopic, don't you think? I was just giving you my personal narrative.

To be blunt about it: Who died and made you the doctorate authority on my personal narrative?

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never mentioned there being a correct way. No one's death jaunted me to becoming an authority and I've never claimed as such. What I wrote was meant to offer some clarity. Yes, that's based on my perception.
I didn't mean for you to take my statement & musings in a dispirited way. It's not a condemnation.

Wishing you and all a peaceful evening.

WildcardUS

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

We would like to formally introduce ourselves to the StyleForum community.

We are Wildcard, a US-based design house that caters to creatives, the free, the future, and more.

We founded the company on one core principle, let creativity, and freedom reign supreme.

We think there's too much focus on the safe, on things that stick to the same tried and true approach. So we're trying something different.

In a world where most are seeking to replicate the past and push out product, we look toward designing more interesting pieces.

We look forward to meeting more of the community and learning about your tastes!

Tlon

Reaction score
My first post! I'm new to the forum. Just started getting back into shoes and clothes after losing a bit of weight. This has been a pretty helpful forum to explore.

Kentucky Korean

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm Justin, a 30 year old physician working in a business casual clinic environment (no white coat for me). I wasnt really interested in style until I found out about online made to measure and now I'm hooked.

I've always hated clothes and clothes shopping because as a short & broad chested guy, nothing fits me well off the rack.

I'm replacing all my dress shirts w/ proper cloth, and currently waiting on my first Luxire chinos to arrive.

I started out on Reddit's fashion forum but feel that styleforum, especially the classic menswear forum, is more applicable to me as I get older.

darthrevan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, have lurked mostly, but just wanted to say hi,

Oh and I wrote up a couple thoughts on slim fitting shirt brands in the slim shirt thread to help some of you guys.

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here , stumbled on this site while trying to track down an ironheart N1 jacket , like hens teeth to find in the colour and size I want , found one here but have reservations on buying for reasons that I won't go into .
Anyway I'm on the wrong side of 50 and still into unsanforised denim both blue and wabash and will alternate with moleskins . As far as tops go I'm not sure where I'm at as I'm too old for hoodies and dislike button up shirts and jumpers so I guess I layer with henleys and sweaters jackets . I love boots and feel guilty that I own four pair and am always lusting another , I don't own runners and am never likely to regardless the hairy eyeballs I get at the gym .
So I'll poke around and see if this place is for me .
Cheers Splash

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Splash,

Welcome! That's a cool old school bomber that you're sporting in the photo. There's a lot that can be done with henleys and sweaters, jackets. You're never too old for hoodies. Regarding hoodies, as with anything else, there are levels. What have you seen, what peaks your interest?

Splash Pitman

Reaction score
The jacket is a flight jacket , mainly my winter motorbike gear , bit thick and cumbersome for casual use , yesterday I bought an second hand real Mccoys N1 deck jacket on eBay , l found an ironheart equivalent ( my first choice ) here but after asking questions I never got a response so I'm not confident if I bought he still had it or if it would get sent in a timely manor , anyway maybe the next time I try to buy something I'll get a response .

abk

Reaction score
Hi, I've lurked here and Sufu for a long time on and off for a quite a long time but felt like posting now.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, long time lurker, more of a cm guy myself but I've started to branch out into "fashion-fashion" as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads