• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello from the Lone Star State via Mumbai and Tripoli. Long time lurker, like a really long time, just now joining. Thanks for all the tips and advise over the years. Hope I can pay it back to someone starting out.
Great to have you aboard! Welcome, long time lurker. Just curious, where exactly is Tripoli? Only Tripoli I know is a Sam Tripoli, comedian/conspiracy theorist :eek:

bejayjay

Reaction score
Ben here. Getting married this fall so I'm doing what I can to get fashion insights and get advice.

Reaction score
Gents,

let me briefly introduce myself. I live near Frankfurt, Germany, and I‘m a refugee from the German Stilmagazin-Forum which had to be closed down due to the revised European “General Data Protection Legislation”.

My interests are classic menswear, watches, grooming, literature and cigars.

Looking forward to interesting discussions with you guys and hope to find asylum and a new home in this community. Some of my mates from the German forum may join as well.

Cheers,
R.O.T.

MrUsedThreads

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gents,

let me briefly introduce myself. I live near Frankfurt, Germany, and I‘m a refugee from the German Stilmagazin-Forum which had to be closed down due to the revised European “General Data Protection Legislation”.

Looking forward to interesting discussions with you guys and hope to find asylum and a new home in this community. Some of my mates from the German forum may join as well.

Cheers,
R.O.T.
Hey Roger,

Welcome stateside. If you watch the new you might think otherwise, but you can find asylum here. Well, I guess the internet doesn't really belong to any one country. The SF community is a strong one and we inform and take care of our own so I think you'll do very well here. Hope to see more of you soon!

lawyered88

Reaction score
Gents,

Cheers,
R.O.T.

You should check Stilmagazin "Wir arbeiten an einer Lösung." now ;)

I guess Andreas has implemented a data protection declaration pursuant to DSGVO.

http://stilmagazin.de/datenschutz/

Something is going on in Germany again...

Themandan

Reaction score
Great to have you aboard! Welcome, long time lurker. Just curious, where exactly is Tripoli? Only Tripoli I know is a Sam Tripoli, comedian/conspiracy theorist :eek:

Nobody knows the way to Tripoli....
Long time family joke. We live so far back in the sticks of Texas that it might as well be Tripoli. Didn’t expect anyone to pick up on the obscure, sideways reference. Hat off, color me impressed but not surprised.

Bobby Jones

Reaction score
Good day all. My name is really Rob, I am living in London but originally from Wales, hence the surname Jones.
My previous hobby was going to the pub each evening and enjoying a few pints. In January I made a plan to not drink for a month,roll on 5 months later and still dry.

This new found time and money has led me to collecting watches, learning how to renovate and restore them. With the scouring of thrift stores and flea markets my collection has reached nearly triple figures. Lot's of old Swiss and Russian timepieces mainly.
What has led me here though is not watches but shoes, I saw a pair of dusty shoes on a shelf in a local charity shop... made for Gieves, Old Bond St. London.

I may end up with as many shoes as watches in the next six months, if I can avoid the pub, and this seems like an amazing place to learn a few things.
9iGB01P.jpg

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,
thank you for having me. I'm a guy from Germany, have been reading here for years and now I want to become a little more active. I'll try to post regularly :) Would be cool if you guys check out my Insta to get a glimpse of what content I'm going to post.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,
thank you for having me. I'm a guy from Germany, have been reading here for years and now I want to become a little more active. I'll try to post regularly :) Would be cool if you guys check out my Insta to get a glimpse of what content I'm going to post.
If you use the #styleforum tag, we might repost dinner of your stuff!

Carlo Corbata

Reaction score
If you use the #styleforum tag, we might repost dinner of your stuff!

Thank you, already posted this morning with #styleforum tag :) would be cool to get reposted.

BillSweetnam

Reaction score
Hi, I just joined. I've retired a few years ago and moved to Florida after living and working in Washington DC as a attorney and lobbyist. I'd like to think that I dressed well in DC -- suits and sports jackets, very trad -- but moving to a beach town in Florida is quite a change -- shorts and polo shirts most days. I wanted to be on Style Forum so I could see what I'm missing fashion wise.

hemish

Reaction score
Hi, i've been a lurker for a while then decided to join yesterday. I'm from Melbourne, Australia. Currently on "casually chic mode" after being on smart casual for a few years. My friends told me that i'm stylish but still i want to learn more from here. Cheers.

jmbeitz

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Jeremy. I'm 44 years old and I live in Oregon. I usually wear jeans and polo shirts, but I am looking to advance my career, so I want to become more fashion conscience. I am here looking for advice on clothing, shoes, and whatever else I may be able to find. I currently have the chance to buy a pair of Bruno Magli Martico shoes in dark brown for $70. This seems like a decent deal to me, but I don't really know stuff like this. That is why I am here. I want to know these things and I hope to learn a lot from everyone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads