• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mimil9

Reaction score
Hi

I'm Emilien, 36yo from France. Came to this forum thanks to Falcon Garments leather jackets, love what they do!

Miguri

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Yann, 31yo from France. I work and live next to Geneva, Switzerland.
I started to pay attention to my clothes about 3-4 years ago: I wear suits at my job on a daily basis and have a more casual chic style during the week-end. I always try to find textured fabrics for my clothes.

brian cmolik

Reaction score
I'm Brian and new to the thread. I'm 60and a big guy. I've really gotten good service from Dege and Skinner on Saville Row for both shirts and suits. The come to the states twice a year. William Skinner is approachable and has given great advice when I visited in London. Nicholas De'Ath has provided spot on advice with clothes that wear well and fit great.

IWearGrownUpClothes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m Steve, a mid-30s professional in Los Angeles. I’m still a bit of a newbie to fashion and finding my “look,” but have made some great strides in the past few years with updating my wardrobe. I’ve been a lot more creative with colors, patterns, and textures, particularly in my work attire (business casual at a fairly conservative company). Outside of work, I’m normally a t-shirt or long-sleeve shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes kind of guy but I’m trying to work more variety into my wardrobe, mainly chinos.

Favorite labels include Charles Tyrwhitt for business dress and some casual, Banana Republic for casualwear. Recently dipped my toe into Allen Edmonds for shoes and belts. (Very pleased, so far.) Always looking for recommendations, though!

Thanks for having me!

swooshmac

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Chris here. I was a regular on styleforum back in 2009, but have since strayed away to focus on career and school. Don't even remember what my old username was. Smh.

I'm from NYC and I've worked in the menswear industry for over 9 years. I started my career with J.Crew in '09 and most recently have worked with Stone Island and Sanders Shoes. My work with shoes inspired me to start my own footwear line called Blackstock & Weber (named after the two streets I lived on growing up). I'm in my early stages, but have a very notable backer and a few sales.

Here's a quick article on me for anyone who's interested : http://www.alleywatch.com/2018/01/blackstock-weber-takes-modern-approach-classic-shoe/
I love shoes!! so will take a look at your brand and the link. thanks for sharing :)

mdedamas

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I'm Max, 26 years old entrepreneur and passionate about gentlemen's fashion. I launched a few days ago my e-commerce site where I sell fashion accessories for the modern gentleman.
I would love to have some feedback from you guys, given your extensive experience in the field!
It's www.gentsandwolves.com, if you have 2 min check it out and I would love to hear your opinions/critics! Always aiming to improve and offer value.
Thanks a lot!
Cheers

tangfj

Reaction score
Just saying hi to everyone! Been lurking around this site and on reddit for a little bit... mostly in to raw denim and boots... 3sixteen, Iron Heart, Truman, and Viberg but have been slowly venturing in to the higher end fashion lately!

BREDHUNTER

Reaction score
Good evening, I enjoy this forum and the exchange of knowledge, wit, ideas and information. I doubt I will post often, I am more likely enjoy from a distance. I am a husband, father, and I enjoy my profession and hobbies. I like nice things and interesting things. But I love sentimental things, like a pair of my grandfather’s Aldens or my father’s antique Cartier watch that I was gifted upon graduation many years.

My work wardrobe primarily consists of Samuelson, Hickey Freeman, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Ledbury and Brooks Brothers to go with a small but sentimental watch collection.

My weekend warrior wardrobe is primarily jeans (Levi/Agave), a canvas pant or chino and oxfords with rolled sleeves, I love a pair of well aged loafers, worn out work boots and modestly retro New Balance.

I value comfort. To be physically comfortable in my clothes but more so to be comfortable and confident in the clothes I wear. For me that means keeping it basic and classic with thought. Grey slack, and navy blazer with a crisp white shirt and a great belt and shoe. This is not adventurous. This may even be boring to some. But for me it is my comfort zone and I like to be in my comfort zone.

I look forward to viewing your topics and occasionally entering the discussion.

All the best.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good evening, I enjoy this forum and the exchange of knowledge, wit, ideas and information. I doubt I will post often, I am more likely enjoy from a distance. I am a husband, father, and I enjoy my profession and hobbies. I like nice things and interesting things. But I love sentimental things, like a pair of my grandfather’s Aldens or my father’s antique Cartier watch that I was gifted upon graduation many years.

My work wardrobe primarily consists of Samuelson, Hickey Freeman, Alden, Allen Edmonds, Ledbury and Brooks Brothers to go with a small but sentimental watch collection.

My weekend warrior wardrobe is primarily jeans (Levi/Agave), a canvas pant or chino and oxfords with rolled sleeves, I love a pair of well aged loafers, worn out work boots and modestly retro New Balance.

I value comfort. To be physically comfortable in my clothes but more so to be comfortable and confident in the clothes I wear. For me that means keeping it basic and classic with thought. Grey slack, and navy blazer with a crisp white shirt and a great belt and shoe. This is not adventurous. This may even be boring to some. But for me it is my comfort zone and I like to be in my comfort zone.

I look forward to viewing your topics and occasionally entering the discussion.

All the best.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ditto to that.

"I am a husband, father, and I enjoy my profession and hobbies. I like nice things and interesting things. But I love sentimental things, like a pair of my grandfather’s Aldens or my father’s antique Cartier watch that I was gifted upon graduation many years."

Heartwarming.

"I value comfort. To be physically comfortable in my clothes but more so to be comfortable and confident in the clothes I wear."

You sir are the genuine article. Saluté!​

Patrickovitch

Reaction score
Greetings from France,

My name's Alexandre.
For many years, SF has been a great resource to get review on brands to help discern quality in fashion and I finally decided to join.
I'm passionate about high quality garments and shoes.
The dress code at work is not so formal (won't wear suit to look more formal than my boss), so that, today, my wardrobe consist in a few jackets which I like to pair with nice trousers or chinos.
I use to like thrifting suits and jackets so that I had the opportunity to put my hands on some high quality garments.
I don't wear ties but still own a few in case of.
Today, talking about style, I feel more Italian than British as I used to...
Finally, as I reduced my budget for clothes, I invested a bit more in shoes.
My lastest acquisitions are from J.FitzPatrick and Vass.
My wife says I'm crazy when looking at me polishing my shoes and looking at them like masterpieces .

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is cLoud and I love classic menswear. For the last year and half I have been studying menswear and mens style. I have always had an interest in clothing. Three or four years ago I got heavily into William Burroughs' writing and something that struck me is how he would describe the clothing and he was always dressed in suits. I credit him for teaching me that shirts are meant to be tucked in. I started doing that and suddenly people seemed to think I was more 'dressed up' as they called it. To think back to those days when I was just wearing jeans and shirts tucked in, I feel like I could hardly call myself dressed up. Recently I've been reading all the menswear and mens fashion books I can get my hands on at the public library downtown. Read a great deal of Flusser. Read some G. Bruce Boyer. Just finished reading "The Suit: A Machiavellian Approach to Men's Style" by Nicholas Antongiavanni. Was quite a good read. I am now undertaking Esquire's Encyclapedia of 20th Century Men's Fashions. I have been consitantly writing my own articles on men's style which I plan to publish on my own blog in the upcoming months.
Edit: My goal in reading all of these books, apart from teaching myself about classic menswear, is to in turn help teach other men about dressing themselves.

Dlaw

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm just a normal everyday guy, I guess. I don't dress up often, only own one suit, one set of dress shoes and all of it off brand. I'm a machine operator at a factory who works hard to support my family and get the things that we want, but I have expensive hobbies that keep me coming to places like this. One of these hobbies is watch "collecting" (though none of my collection is either expensive or significant to most), and this is the specific reason I am here. I will be posting my query in the forum, but I thought I would come here first and introduce myself. Thanks for reading!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads