1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Beapokebutbroke

Beapokebutbroke New Member

I’m Alex,

I love suits and shoes and all sorts of classic menswear. I’m not very good at casualwear or Street fashion so I decided to carve myself out a niche wearing what I actually enjoy wearing, i.e. suits.

I’m just here to browse and learn. It’s nice to see other people’s takes on things and aficionados discuss the finer points of clothing.

Peace xox

2. Beapokebutbroke

Beapokebutbroke New Member

I also have fat thumbs and spelt my name wrong. I was supposed to put “bespokebutbroke”. Oh well. I’m beapoke now

3. Miles Caswell

Miles Caswell New Member

4. nicholasjohn

nicholasjohn New Member

Hi. My names Nicholas, from the menswear wasteland that is Dublin, Ireland. I'm into classic menswear and Ivy style via old movies and Blue Note album covers.

5. C.YoungII

C.YoungII New Member

Hi I'm Cameron from Canada. Finally made an account after lurking the site for a couple of years.

6. LuisBradley

LuisBradley New Member

Hey All,

Luis from SF here, wondering why it has taken me so long to join this site after being acquainted with Gus for several years, even attending a meet-up a couple years back. Happy to be here, though, and excited to engage with this community!

Been working in menswear in some way, shape, or form for the past six years, most recently in a (very) small MTM shop in SF, and have developed a deep connection with and love for men's clothing.
    What I wear: I am EITHER in Meermin shoes, MTM trousers & jackets, Eton shirts, and thrifted ties, OR boots (Alden, Wolverine, Danner) denim, and work shirts.

Best kept secret/guiltiest of pleasures: No matter how I'm dressed, chances are I'm wearing at least one item from Uniqlo ;)

7. Littleern01

Littleern01 New Member

Evening all. Andy from London here. I've been aware of the site for a while but never got round to joining. Today's the day! I read the Permanent Style blog every now and then, mostly for the casual wear rather than formal. Have a son who has recently started a fashion marketing degree course in London. He's far more dapper than me so time for me to pull my finger out