STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. asael.f

asael.f New Member

Hello,

Name is Asael, currently residing in Virginia. I have browsed these forums for yearssss and finally decided to create an account. I'm usually checking anything RRL related. Looking forward to buying, selling and discovering new products on here.

2. Shuey

Shuey New Member

Hey everyone,

Shu from New Jersey/New York. Was using these forums for about a year pretty excessively in my time of browsing for suits. Decided to create an account because I loved peoples discussion on brands, fits and fabrics. I also want to learn more about all of these too.

Thanks for having me!

3. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Hello Ernesto. This forum is exciting and informative. Phenomenal platform for brands. Just checked out Kent Wang and am ready to place an order!

4. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

5. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Hey Niklas,
    You look quite dapper in this photo.

6. Mahad Akram

Mahad Akram New Member

Hi everyone,

My name is Mahad, from Ireland. When I started my grad job, I had made the decision to buy a leather briefcase. One thing led to another, I became very picky as to what I choose to wear. I normally wear cuffed up jeans, with pattern sweaters (it doesn't go above 12 degrees here :p).

I joined the forum to learn from you guys and contribute my own ideas. I am excited as to what Styleforum can do for me in constantly improving my dress sense and more.
    Cheers

7. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Welcome Mahad. Myself, and I'm sure others here will be happy to assist you. What are your questions?

8. FredFashion

FredFashion New Member

Looking to learn more fashion!

9. Ma Lau

Ma Lau New Member

I like nice clothes, delicious food and everything RRL but I'm very forgetful.
    I've forgot my previous password and registered email address etcetera etcetera.....but I do remember my previous Username.
    Then.....I thought it may be easier to register again.

10. Rollin Stone

Rollin Stone Member

Im Chris
    I have eccentric taste in items, sometimes including my fashion.
    I like good quality products that last for many years to come.
    Looking for some new fashion advice and tips

11. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

So, how would you define your taste as being eccentric in fashion? Any examples??

12. Rollin Stone

Rollin Stone Member

Sinyo,
    Thanks for showing interest. Best way I can explain my fashion is like a swatch watch. Yeah, it’s swiss, good quality and tells time and same company that owns omega and many more, it’s just more casual and bright and doesn’t scream look at me I paid a lot for this, it shows a lot of eccentric character too.

I love kinda beaten up looking higher quality shoes and jeans that probably could use a hem and I will wear it with a athletic quarter zip. Doesn’t really match, but doesn’t look terrible, but it’s me. I’m a big guy, (6’3, 250lbs, 50inch Long jacket, but waist is 36 to 38, stuff doesn’t fit me great, especially tops because I’m barrel chested), I don’t like brands to be showing on 90% of my fashion items and I don’t want to be a cookie cutter to the norm. I’m here to find a happy place between my current fashion and how others dress.

13. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Okay, so let's help you find the happy medium. Maybe eclectic is what you're aiming for here, as opposed to eccentric? What kind of prices, brands and specifically what look are you going for? Post some photos of what strikes your fancy, what you aspire towards, and some of what you already own and we can go from there.

14. Rollin Stone

Rollin Stone Member

99F3E40B-C0CD-479E-9A5A-7138B0126786.png 2E9A0F81-E6C8-406C-AAC6-6E47A2191C8C.png D1E3E7CD-2B6B-4A86-857D-5DDFA91C347F.png 62571768-86AD-4735-85EC-C86CDE13573A.png
    Not sure if here’s the right place to post all this or not, but here we go. I usually wear Eddie Bauer becaus it fits, not because I love the brand. I can get tall sizes there, jeans come from american eagle outfitters, once again because they fit, I usually get 100% cotton and stretch jeans in original straight both. Shoes I almost always buy what ever premium brand (usually eBay or thrift) size 14’s I can get. I have a few pairs of Johnston Murphy but the 3 above are my recent pickups, I also have the above Ferragamo slip on loafer in black. The shirt above is a stretch material so it fits well for layering. I would normally do that shirt, dark og straight AE jeans and the Ferragamo shoes below, layered with a crew neck maybe navy T-shirt or grey T-shirt under. I’m on the athletic side and I’m a big guy. Brands don’t matter as much as fit and price isn’t a huge deal, just shirts under $100 range and jeans under the $200 (hopefully no one laughs, i know some here spend hundreds more on shirts and jeans). Shoes I’m probably good on. The look I’m going for is a 34 year old semi professional (edited: to clarify i mean more just a daily more professional casual look moreso than athletic wear that i often s end up in) for casual bar night, this too would be my work attire except my company has me wearing a Company tshirt (don’t ask, they could at least give us polos, but they do provide tall size T-shirt’s for me!)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018

15. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Hi, it seems like you have a handle on what you like to wear and a price range. I like the Ferragamo mocs and would not advise you to pair the grey suede woven slip on shoes with the outfit pictured above. Better to stick with with your brown shoes, the mocs, or if you're feeling a bit more creative, go with a blue suede moc or laceup.