1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Lol! Cheers.

2. Ernesto Maurice

Ernesto Maurice New Member

3. Ernesto Maurice

Ernesto Maurice New Member

I'm Ernesto, based in Hong Kong but originally from Manila, Philippines. I grew up almost entirely in Hong Kong. I'm involved in the arts, culture, events and entertainment industries but also have a personal image consultancy and training company. My clothes range from very casual to very formal as my lifestyle puts me in a wide variety of situations where I can either be very dressed down or must be very dressed up - which is a lot of fun and creates endless wardrobe possibilities - and occasional challenges!!!
    I'm sure I'll get to learn more from this forum and I look forward to enjoying the articles!

4. Trueclassicman.com

Trueclassicman.com New Member

Good Evening Gentleman,

I am introducing my self, I am Mr. True Classic Man himself. I consider my self a dapper gentleman. Im 33 years old from "Good Ole Texas" I own an online store which provides some very reasonable pricing for a lot of things we as gentleman need on our typical day to day. I'm always learning new styles and I found the content of this site to be very educational on new trends going on in the fashion world, which also give me ideas for new men products. I look forward to see everything styleforum has to offer.

5. thesartorialistbanker

thesartorialistbanker Member

My name is Paweł and I’ve been lurking on Styleforum for a while. I am originally from Poland and currently live in Manhattan. I’ve lived in the US for the past ten years.

I’ve developed an interest in classic menswear, especially handwelted bespoke shoes and suits. It began at a New England boarding school where I had to wear suit and a tie daily as a uniform. I really enjoyed it and continued wearing suits through college. Currently I work in finance and specialize in investments.

I tend to wear suits daily and prefer more formal attire. It’s easier working at a major financial institution, as business attire is expected and encouraged. I love to wear a tuxedo on occasion.

I am passionate about bespoke shoes and suits as well as the skilled artisans behind them. I travel the world to explore the sartorial world and really enjoy meeting shoemakers and tailors behind my orders. So far I’ve visited artisans/factories in Italy, England, Spain, the US, Poland, Mexico and Germany.

I collect shoes, ties, pocket squares and vintage cufflinks. I love learning more about history behind menswear industry and stories behind particular pieces. I also enjoy photography, particularly taking photos of classic shoes.

I hope to contribute to Styleforum and learn a lot from fellow members. I look forward to getting to know other forum members at events such as the London Super Trunk Show or Pitti Uomo both of which I had a pleasure attending last year.

A49B82BA-B178-4672-ABCC-031EDDCAD7F9.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018

6. XWT

XWT New Member

Hi,

I'm XWT. I love classic menswear but I dress in denim and casual shirts most of the time. I'm a management consultant and I try to make my interest for menswear converge with my career.

7. DLJ

DLJ New Member

same here but I moved to Portland, OR 2 years ago.. woof

8. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Well-Known Member

Welcome Pawel. You attended Pitti Uomo and LSTS, what can I say, I'm jealous! It's been a dream of mine to partake in or observe Pitti Uomo.

9. anhrua

anhrua New Member

Im AR. I have a passion in fashion and especially in shoes. Nice to meet everybody in forum.

10. Tanglewood

Tanglewood New Member

I am Tanglewood from the North. I look forward to reading and sharing information on classic men's styles here on styleforum.

11. Epicure

Epicure Senior Member

Hi Trueclassicman, I note you have a watch that is listed and can be added to the shopping cart on your website for $0. Does this mean you're giving watches away?

12. nicolas.sitbon

nicolas.sitbon New Member

Hi I'm Nicolas living in the suburb of Paris and addict of French brands like Officinie Generale or Husbands. I have a beautiful daugther and should have another one in 3 months.
    Best regards.

13. vintagebursche

vintagebursche Member

Hey everyone,
    I am Niklas from Cologne, Germany.
    In 2005 I joined a German fraternity where you are supposed to wear classic menswear on a regular basis. I already had a background with historical costumes and at some point I got really fascinated by the style of vintage menswear. I love structures, patterns, flannels and fancy accessories. I try to improve my style constantly and even sew some things myself.
    Best regards.

tweed.jpg

14. Riko Mac

Riko Mac New Member

Good Morning Gentlemen!

My name is Riko. 31/male/NJ, USA. Been married for 1 year and 7 months. I absolutely love menswear and general style. Subscribed to GQ and Esquire since a teen, and found out about this site about 3 years ago, but just officially joined.

I work in pharma (read: Corporate America) and I am starting to build my wardrobe. Over the years I have gained a considerable amount of weight, so due to my size, I can't purchase the things that I really enjoy until I get near my goal weight. So I am stuck buying things off the rack or shopping at DXL/Casual Male.

Goal one day is to be known in my general circles as the best dressed man they know. That's the dream, LOL.

15. mrjamescost

mrjamescost Senior Member

Looking very dapper. Appropriate for the scenery in the pictures you have shared thus far. How does this look work day to day in a city like Cologne? I was blown away by your cathedral. :)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018