Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Emerson Youtsey

Emerson Youtsey New Member

Greetings my fellow sartorial enthusiasts.

I'm Emerson and my daily style ranges from classy, button-up wearing, trousers donning menswear to loose fitting thrift finds, Converse and ball caps. I find great enjoyment in learning about fashion, the history behind popular apparel, and being at least knowledgeable about the current trends in the world men's fashion. I contribute to an online men's lifestyle magazine called Scruff and Vigor, generally in the section about fashion (go figure), and I'm looking to branch out into freelance writing about fashion (or maybe politics). I joined the community to engage in grassroots level, current discussions about fashion to further expand my knowledge and to develop relevant ideas to write about. Being a part of an online community of people who share a particular passion of mine seems like a wise decision if I am to truly pursue vogue. Follow me on Instagram at @senseoffresh if you'd like to know more about who I am! Cheers.

2. ulackfocus

ulackfocus New Member

Hi everyone. I'm Dennis, and only joined to offer my code for $50 off a regular priced pair of Allen Edmonds that I received for having one of my pairs of Vernons recrafted. If you need it, it's good for 30 days.

As far as a further introduction, I've been a shoe hound for decades. While my wife has the quantity, I surpass her in the quality department. Cole Haan hooked me into the shoe thing. My first pair of $200+ shoes was a pair of AE Maxfields which I still have thanks to a recraft when they were already over a decade old. There are 4 pairs of AEs in various shades of brown (chili, and the old saddle), a pair of black Alden tassel loafers (soon to go in for their recrafting), a pair of burgundy Ferregamo Caesys, 2 pair of Cole Hahns (pinched tassel moccasins and Calhoun lace ups), and a pair of black Johnston & Murphy slip-ons in the closet.

3. NJ TurnPike

NJ TurnPike New Member

Looking for great advice on men's fashion and trying to impress D.T so that I can stay and work in the U.S as a foreigner from a communist country lol

4. xras

xras New Member

French dude here from Paris, clothes and shoes lover, hope to learn a lot from you guys in this great place. See ya!

5. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Hi French dude, bienvenue au Forum De Style. I too am a lover of fine footwear. Btw, I have two pair of wonderful French shoes that I bought in Paris a few years ago, Paraboot and Heschung. I'm happy to address any questions that you may have. Cheers!

6. xras

xras New Member

Thanks for this warm welcome mate !!

7. lk9999pk

lk9999pk New Member

thank you very much.

8. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Hello everyone.

It's Genie from Bermuda. Minimalist versus Maximalist? I tend to go for both depending on my mood, and find myself drawn to pieces from the Gucci collections. Then again, I have a fondness for COS, too. I came of age emulating the personal style and elegance of fashion designer Roy Halston. Personal style has no expiration date.

My favorite gateway city is New York. I visited last October and was so excited to have experienced the hip neighborhood of NoLita in greater depth. I'm definitely a downtown kind of guy!

9. King Sidney

King Sidney New Member

Hi, my name is Peter. Very proudly Kenyan. Married. I have big dreams of being the go to source for the hottest dinner jackets and tuxedos in Africa. I'm here to get inspiration and network at the same time. Cheers.

10. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

"Personal style has no expiration", absolutely correct as personal style is a means of self expression. Btw, your comment makes a great quote, may I use it sometime? Lol!

11. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Sinyo 18,
    Of course you may use the term. Are you looking for signs of just how age-diverse the fashion world has become? Mr. Eric Rutherford's Instagram feed says it all. By the way, I am 58 years young!

12. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Senior Member

Thanks. 58 years is the new 45 or something like that, lol! I'm a cool 55 myself. Cheers!

13. Frump Free

Frump Free Member

Lol! Cheers.

14. Ernesto Maurice

Ernesto Maurice New Member

15. Ernesto Maurice

Ernesto Maurice New Member

I'm Ernesto, based in Hong Kong but originally from Manila, Philippines. I grew up almost entirely in Hong Kong. I'm involved in the arts, culture, events and entertainment industries but also have a personal image consultancy and training company. My clothes range from very casual to very formal as my lifestyle puts me in a wide variety of situations where I can either be very dressed down or must be very dressed up - which is a lot of fun and creates endless wardrobe possibilities - and occasional challenges!!!
    I'm sure I'll get to learn more from this forum and I look forward to enjoying the articles!