Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. JRF

JRF Member

Good Morning Sinyo18, yes, I would agree with you on O.C. being a fashionable region in S.C., I remember my drives out to O.C., in the 80's and I was very impressed with its infrastructure and obvious overall prosperity. Awe, yes the ladies... That alone right there is enough to make a switch. I'm in the middle of my 1-year lease, so I'll have to hang here for a while, which is OK as the weather is pretty awesome. The thing about S.D. is that it's not a very sophisticated city. Not that I'm Joe sophistication, but I know what I like and am attracted to, still, its served a purpose for me to reconnect with myself. As for the distance from where I am today, it's really just too far of a destination to make on a regular weekly basis.

Yes, L.A., I lived there for 5 years, in Encino, right off Ventura Blvd. while I tirelessly worked to get my career off the ground in menswear. Those were some of the best years of my life as I made huge leaps in the industry. So, Sinyo18, can I ask you what you do? I would guess is that you're in the financial services sector based on your knowledge of better fashion neighborhoods in S.C., as for me, I'm not working for anyone at the time, but would like to get my fashion illustration skills to a much higher level than before, and see where that takes me.

2. now

now New Member

Hi! I am Enoch. Nice to meet you all!

hope to have a lots of small talk in this forum.

3. JRF

JRF Member

Hey, Enoch, I'm very new here too. Interesting name. Actually, I just ordered the Book of Enoch from my local library, I'm anxious to read it. – JRF

4. Steve Owen

Steve Owen Member

5. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Active Member

Hello again, funny, it's a small world as I've been living in the S.F. Valley for the past several years. Actually, I'm not in financial services. Currently I export American food products, mainly to Asian countries. Previously I was in entertainment, had risen to an executive level with MGM and have owned several businesses privately. Some have accused me of being a serial entrepreneur.
    As for S.D., yeah I hear you, it's still a bit more of a small town vibe when compared to O.C. or L.A., for sure.

6. Philip Porter

Philip Porter New Member

7. MrWesley

MrWesley New Member

Hello, I’m Robbie from South Georgia

8. StileCarlo

StileCarlo Member

Hello everyone, iam Carl from germany!
    iam a long time member of the german "stilmagazin forum" and inetrested in classic mensware since i was 16 years old.
    I learned alot about sophisticated clothing from my father and grandfather and try to expand my knowledge further by participating here.
    I was a silent reader until this day and try to be more active!

9. JRF

JRF Member

Hello Carl from Germany! I'm with you on the classic menswear, and like you I gained style/fashion knowledge from my fathers GQ magazines at very young age. GQ and 60's classic James Bond movies have been big influences at a young age. I love Germany, served in the U.S. Army and stationed in Bamberg. Welcome Aboard!

10. JRF

JRF Member

That's a great thing to be accused of Sinyo18! That's also the only way to go, a man in charge of his own future.

11. McNar

McNar New Member

Hi everyone, I'm Mcnar! I spend a lot of time on fashion subreddits on Reddit, and decided I would expand my horizons and check out SF too. My style is very thrift-oriented, and changes often.

12. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Active Member

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

13. Anachronist

Anachronist Member

Hi All,

After jumping right into the fun of posting on a number of threads it's about time I introduce myself. My name is André and whilst living in Germany come from a mixed US/German family and have spent a significant time in my younger years in the UK. The latter experience has left me with a liking for classic menswear and (unfortunately for my purse) with an addiction to fine shoes especially from the island (although I wouldn't consider myself biased towards these).

I would describe myself as someone who enjoys a broad array of dress styles ranging from casual over formal to colonial... if I could choose my favorite time style-wise it would be the 1920ies. Whilst not working in the fashion industry (consulting), I take a great interest in fashion in general and good clothing since many years (I've been a regular reader of this forum for a quite a while, but didn't decide to join till recently). In my spare time, I give classes to businessmen (and -women) on the art of dressing and combining patterns, colors and textiles together with a former salesman of the reputable German tailor "Regent".

Looking forward to fun discussions!