• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hi All,

After jumping right into the fun of posting on a number of threads it's about time I introduce myself. My name is André and whilst living in Germany come from a mixed US/German family and have spent a significant time in my younger years in the UK. The latter experience has left me with a liking for classic menswear and (unfortunately for my purse) with an addiction to fine shoes especially from the island (although I wouldn't consider myself biased towards these).

I would describe myself as someone who enjoys a broad array of dress styles ranging from casual over formal to colonial... if I could choose my favorite time style-wise it would be the 1920ies. Whilst not working in the fashion industry (consulting), I take a great interest in fashion in general and good clothing since many years (I've been a regular reader of this forum for a quite a while, but didn't decide to join till recently). In my spare time, I give classes to businessmen (and -women) on the art of dressing and combining patterns, colors and textiles together with a former salesman of the reputable German tailor "Regent".

Looking forward to fun discussions!

BigKid3

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm Ceej from Sydney, Australia but originally from Auckland, New Zealand and I have my own brand BKC which I cut and sew most of my own products. I am an autodidact that loves fashion specifically streetwear and its culture. I am here because I would love to network with likeminded entrepreneurs and also because my brand is currently in the process of rebranding — Big BFCM sale coming soon to get rid of the old inventory, to make way for the new rebranded collection! Looking forward to chat to potential stockist around the world and hopefully join a Mastermind Group of creatives. :fistbump:

Personal Instagram - @cee_jai3
Brand Instagram - @bigkidclothing

StileCarlo

Reaction score
Hello Carl from Germany! I'm with you on the classic menswear, and like you I gained style/fashion knowledge from my fathers GQ magazines at very young age. GQ and 60's classic James Bond movies have been big influences at a young age. I love Germany, served in the U.S. Army and stationed in Bamberg. Welcome Aboard!
Nice to hear that! Bamberg is a beautiful city! Thank you for the warm welcome!

thedrewmcmullen

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Drew from Long Beach, CA. I'm 36, have a Wife, 4 kids, and work in Educational Technology. The 4 kids pretty much sums up my life at the moment. I've slowly come to grips with the fact that I'm a boot addict. I'm currently wearing my Iron Rangers most of the time and will be most likely adding some 1000 mile or Higgins Mill boots to the rotation soon. I'm happy to find a place that covers such a broad range of topics, it looks like there's something for everyone. Glad to meet you all and I'm excited to be here. Any tips or helpful hints are always welcomed. Also, any directions to the location of the Boot section would be amazing. Thanks!

Drew

Reactions: JRF

JRF

Reaction score
Hi All,

After jumping right into the fun of posting on a number of threads it's about time I introduce myself. My name is André and whilst living in Germany come from a mixed US/German family and have spent a significant time in my younger years in the UK. The latter experience has left me with a liking for classic menswear and (unfortunately for my purse) with an addiction to fine shoes especially from the island (although I wouldn't consider myself biased towards these).

I would describe myself as someone who enjoys a broad array of dress styles ranging from casual over formal to colonial... if I could choose my favorite time style-wise it would be the 1920ies. Whilst not working in the fashion industry (consulting), I take a great interest in fashion in general and good clothing since many years (I've been a regular reader of this forum for a quite a while, but didn't decide to join till recently). In my spare time, I give classes to businessmen (and -women) on the art of dressing and combining patterns, colors and textiles together with a former salesman of the reputable German tailor "Regent".

Looking forward to fun discussions!
Hello Anachronist, I like your post, I lived in Germany while in the U.S. Army, absolutely loved the German style! Interesting gig Anachronist, with the salesman from Regent, I'm assuming you're in the U.S., hows that working out for the both of you? I had been in the rags business for many years and absolutely loved it. Now, I'm considering giving it another look, since it had previously brought me so much joy being around fine fabrics, styles, fashions and the people who choose to adorn themselves in very original ways. Cheers, –JRF

JRF

Reaction score
Hey Guys! Excited to join the styleforum community! Only heard great things about this blog from reddit and instagram comments lol. I'm at 24 year old DJ that live in Tribeca NYC. I like music, clothing, traveling, and eating. Here to learn about good deals and new styles trends/ get outfit feedback.

Excited for the journey ahead!
Bob
Hey, Bob, I'm pretty new here myself, sat on the fence for quite awhile until I finally acknowledged to myself that style and fashion have had the most positive influence in my life. I can say also without a doubt that I share the same, that is music, traveling, eating, and I'll add women here too because that's a huge influence as well. Great to see you here Bob! – JRF

JRF

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm Drew from Long Beach, CA. I'm 36, have a Wife, 4 kids, and work in Educational Technology. The 4 kids pretty much sums up my life at the moment. I've slowly come to grips with the fact that I'm a boot addict. I'm currently wearing my Iron Rangers most of the time and will be most likely adding some 1000 mile or Higgins Mill boots to the rotation soon. I'm happy to find a place that covers such a broad range of topics, it looks like there's something for everyone. Glad to meet you all and I'm excited to be here. Any tips or helpful hints are always welcomed. Also, any directions to the location of the Boot section would be amazing. Thanks!

Drew
Hi Drew, yes boots are very cool. Kinda wish I had a motorcycle so I can wear cool boots. One day, I'm going to have some custom-made boots made. BTW, I'm also from SoCal, San Diego that is. Have lived here for two years and its OK. Kinda wish I had moved to O.C., just for the style factor. SD is not so style oriented, well, it is but its laid back and beachy as you no doubt know. Anyway, from one newbie to another, welcome to the styleForum! – JRF

sarorialnoob

Reaction score
I am Adi, as my handle says I am really a noob especially in Suiting. Started working at a bank and hence trying to get better suits for myself now.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am Adi, as my handle says I am really a noob especially in Suiting. Started working at a bank and hence trying to get better suits for myself now.
Welcome. What's your budget and specifically what are you interested in knowing about suits?

Anachronist

Reaction score
Hello Anachronist, I like your post, I lived in Germany while in the U.S. Army, absolutely loved the German style! Interesting gig Anachronist, with the salesman from Regent, I'm assuming you're in the U.S., hows that working out for the both of you? I had been in the rags business for many years and absolutely loved it. Now, I'm considering giving it another look, since it had previously brought me so much joy being around fine fabrics, styles, fashions and the people who choose to adorn themselves in very original ways. Cheers, –JRF
Hi JRF,

No, in fact I live in Germany although I do get over to the US from time to time on business trips, occasionally also to Chicago area where you'll find me drooling over the latest styles in Ralph Lauren's flagship store on Magnificent Mile and then splurging in key lime pie in their adjacent café (a desert I love and that is hard to find over here). Regarding the friend of mine, we just try to time our business trips every now and then to make these sessions happen. It started out in an attempt to help make Regent more popular again but then ended up to be more of a hobby because of our passion for fine clothing. He was (or rather is) the expert in fit and quality (as you would come to expect from a person, taking measure day in and out. I only added a bit of an ability to combine various garments and succeed in creating combinations that made even some of Regent's most hideous jackets still look wearable ;). Nonetheless, I don't want to make more out of myself then I am; I'm a lay to the topic and primarily an aficionado of quality clothing without a bias to any specific brands. I stumbled over Regent and met this friend of mine many years ago as I visited their nearby factory outlet shop (one that really deserves this name with emphasis on "factory") and was excited about the quality of their suits. They haven't had easy years though since the nineties (up to Helmut Kohl pretty much all German chancellors wore their tailored suits) and are pretty much unknown these days. They AFAIK never had flagship stores and only offer RTW in selected higher end German retailers and MTM... the latter causing this friend of mine to travel through Europe a lot (like me).

Reactions: JRF

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Drew
Welcome. I'm the owner of this little "bar". There are numerous boot threads on this style of boot in the "Streetwear and Denim" section, that you can reach from the top nav bar, or the top menu on mobile.

The search function is very useful for you. You can search a single forum, even a single thread. For example, in Streetwear and denim, I found all the threads with "Wolverine" in the title, here: https://www.styleforum.net/search/5566949/?q=Wolverine&o=relevance&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=13

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Excited to join the styleforum community! Only heard great things about this blog from reddit and instagram comments lol. I'm at 24 year old DJ that live in Tribeca NYC. I like music, clothing, traveling, and eating. Here to learn about good deals and new styles trends/ get outfit feedback.

Excited for the journey ahead!
Bob
You might be interested in our sales thread, which is constantly updated: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...d-discount-codes.38417/page-3612#post-9060673
There is also a "New Arrivals" thread: https://www.styleforum.net/threads/...dropping-and-where.581263/page-6#post-9058319

Otherwise, my advice would be to just look at the Streetwear and Denim forum.

Cheers,

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Drew, yes boots are very cool. Kinda wish I had a motorcycle so I can wear cool boots. One day, I'm going to have some custom-made boots made. BTW, I'm also from SoCal, San Diego that is. Have lived here for two years and its OK. Kinda wish I had moved to O.C., just for the style factor. SD is not so style oriented, well, it is but its laid back and beachy as you no doubt know. Anyway, from one newbie to another, welcome to the styleForum! – JRF

Welcome. I'm the owner of this place, and am happy that you've decided to make this community your own. I did my PhD in LA, but did a lot of collaborative projects in UCSD. It's been well over a decade now, but I remember that there were some decent stores in La Jolla. Are they still there? Also, you can wear cool boots, even without a motorcycle.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads