Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. greeneggsandsam

greeneggsandsam New Member

Long time lurker but finally decided to create an account. Happy to be part of this wonderful community!

2. mrjamescost

mrjamescost New Member

Hello there. On signing up I was urged by an admin to introduce myself. I am James, aged 32, and I am from the North West of England. These past several months I have found myself taking the plunge and investing more in quality clothing and shoes. I would search online for Crockett and Jones shoes, for example, then after viewing a particular model I would find myself investigating further through a Google search. This would inevitably lead me to this forum. I have spent many hours reading through threads, getting other peoples take on various brands. Basically, I am looking to better myself and part of that process is to make sartorial improvements.

I spent several years trying to find cheap alternatives or even wading through other peoples cast offs, often settling for clothing that didn’t look or feel quite right. However, something has finally clicked. I have brutally hacked away at a good two thirds of my old wardrobe and still more is to be put to the sword. I will post some pictures of my recent purchases - and even some of my bargains (I’m still partial to a bargain with quality goods, if they are available) - and maybe get a few ideas from those of you with decades of experience under your belts. Words of advice are appreciated. Even if you think the collar of my shirt looks out of place in my profile pic (I suspect it is) I don’t mind if people set me straight. Thanks.

3. roarksears

roarksears New Member

4. juvens

juvens New Member

Hi all. I am 31 years old. I am interested in classic apparel. I dress suits everyday cause I am a salaryman. I want to get good ideas for my classic wear from you guys.

5. ale423047

ale423047 New Member

Hello! Been lurking for a while, decided to try start contributing and asking questions instead of hoping someone else has asked

6. Bentron

Bentron New Member

Hi Im bentron

My style is currently in limbo, transitioning from fratty/ college days to a more professional wardrobe for the professional world.

My casual was a lot of white washed denim and polos with several pairs of cowboy boots, or shorts and boat shoes. Hoping to change to more professional causal looking style.

Should be a fun transition.

7. Captain O

Captain O Member

Viva la difference'!

You'll be happier dressing in a more professional (read: adult) manner. Not only will you look better, you'll feel better about yourself. No matter what others may tell you, a mature, professional look needn't be either restrictive or uncomfortable. You can look good and feel good while maintaining a dignified appearance.

So many young adults cling to their youthful dress, not understanding that this undermines their standing in the "white collar" office working community. The conservative, mature, look garners a bit more respect than jeans, a t-shirt, and a sports jacket ever will. You'll grow up and go further... while others will never quite seem to make it.

Good luck in your transition.

Captain O

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017 at 12:29 PM

8. Sinyo18

Sinyo18 Member

Welcome James. I admire anyone who seeks to improve themselves. It's all a learning process. As I mentioned in a previous reply, I'm pleased to assist you. Perhaps myself and other forum members may offer you some suggestions.

Be brave, post your pictures and let the nay sayers be damned!

Wishing all a good weekend,

Brian

9. mrjamescost

mrjamescost New Member

Thank you for your kind words. I will be posting more, no doubt. I wouldn’t mind suggestions for autumn trousers for somebody my age. I prefer chinos, but I read somewhere that there are better alternatives. Thank you again. :)