Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. willyto

willyto New Member

Hello,

I'm William and I've been a lurker for some time already in the Classic Menswear subforum. My main interests are shoes and shoemaking and from time to time I enjoy looking through the WAYWT threads but I won't be posting much there myself because my style is pure vintage which I think would clash a lot with the general style here in SF.

I've been reading and learning a lot from the regular posters (Specially the shoe posts from DWFII and all the shoe guys) so I thought I would join and share a few interesting things myself starting in the Vintage shoe thread where I can contribute the most.

Cheers!

2. antoniofer

antoniofer New Member

Hi, my name is Antonio Fernandes and I am from Portugal.

3. Kuro Kujikiri

Kuro Kujikiri New Member

Hi, I'm Kuro from Sydney, Australia. I am just starting to get my health back under some degree of control, after having been very sick (going in and out of hospital too many times to count, with only a few weeks' break at the most in between) for the last couple of years. Now I have to start a new wardrobe from scratch because none of my clothes fit me anymore. I stopped working when I became sick but I still need some proper shirts and pants because I enjoy fine dining at least a few times a week when my health allows - and some snobby places won't let me in if I'm wearing just my trackie dacks. All my clothes need to be bespoke because nothing in the shops comes remotely close to fitting me. So far, I have got shirts from Charles Nakhle and pants from John Cutler. I live in hope that some day, my health will be well enough for me to go on to some short overseas trips and then I can fulfil my dream of getting some bespoke shoes from Corthay. Sadly, I have not been able to find any good bespoke shoemakers within Australia.

4. Mr Tewkesbury

Mr Tewkesbury Senior member

Take a trip to Double Monk, you will find Saint Crispin's there where you can have a last modified to fit - more MTM / semi-bespoke, still offers a wonderful fit.
    Corthay is a nice choice, have a look at Aubercy, too... So many to choose from!

And Welcome to SF.

5. TZee

TZee New Member

Hello everyone.

I've been a lurker here since 2011 when I first discovered this site while researching after shave. I look forward to perusing your posts and contributing at some point.

6. Alamodeonline

Alamodeonline New Member

Is it called "aebleskiver"? I've tried it at Solvang before. Love it.

7. AunToni

AunToni Senior member

Welcome. I think you should post and not worry too much about the possibility for negative comments. I'm sure you'll find people here who appreciate your style, :)

8. Callum-b77

Callum-b77 New Member

I'm callum new to this page today buy a lot of high end designer clothing and accessories and also created my account on this page to see whats about and to get help with legit checks off other members as of buying items from other people

9. Vianney

Vianney New Member

Hi ! I'm Vianney. Some of you may know me from the French blog BonneGueule where I write a bit on avantgarde designers and fashion antics. I'm a UX designer, illustrator in my spare time, and I wear mostly dark italian brands like Benenato or Transit Uomo. Nice to meet you !

10. @spire

@spire New Member

I'm a pretty unfashionable person I've been thinking about improving my fashion starting with. I've never owned a good pair of dress shoes in my life, and I was hoping to change that by posting, and reading here.

11. potentR&D

potentR&D New Member

My name is Eric I am one of the owner of a new brand called Potent. Our goal is to provide people with quality streetwear that represents their lifestyle.

Instagram : @potentatl

1SumSpr17.jpg

12. NGOStudio

NGOStudio Senior member

Maybe you can get more exposure by becoming an affiliated vendor here on styleforum, our community surely helps you to elevate your brand and spread the good words :D

13. qazwsx

qazwsx New Member

Hello SF,

I was an active user on superfuture and stylezeitgeist for years. It seems like SF is the only active place now so I thought I should hop in and enjoy the good old discussion of the hi-fashion.

Personal style history has been from N(N) -> Julius + Rick Owens -> M.A+ Carpe Diem -> currently Arcteryx Veilance M.A+ and way more open and easy with many things than before. Looking forward to discover new things and new people here at SF.

Cheers