Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. requiem123

requiem123 Member

Another lurker, just saying hello.

2. awhitelie

awhitelie New Member

Been reading for a while, decided to finally jump into the fray.

I'm 24, grew up outside of Boston, went to college in the UK, graduated, came home, and found myself dropped squarely into the tech startup scene. Working like a dog but loving it. Slowly but surely doing away with my hoodie-and-jeans college wardrobe for something a little more grown up. Looking forward to finding some inspiration here.

3. chipshot

chipshot Senior member

I found my way here via my latest puchase... RL Marlow PTB that's I had to pull the trigger on this week at only 25% (okay should'a waited for the May sale) off. I am a business owner, husband and national ranked masters/veterans runner. Recently on the podium in my Age Group for the Rock N Roll Marathon and seeded for a few major road races in 2011. I am retiring from competitive running and updating my wardrobe. As I grow in size; as I am not running a million miles a week any more, I'll go from a 42L to a 44L and 32 pant to a 34 trouser. I am leaving those purchases till much later on 2012 but working seriously on my shoe collection. My current faves... of course the new PTB's cordovan, BB's Cordovan Penny Loafers, BB's Pinch Cordovan Tassel, Prada black Penny, RL Alligator low vamp loafers with tie, Luccasse Classic's Western Boots, one Roper and one Rough Out. A smattering of Cole Haan's higher end Italian Loafers and driving shoes. I wear mostly jeans with a blazer to work in the winter and shorts and my favorite Taryn Rose sandals Buffalo skin and calf stamped alligator in black. Yes I wear Haviiana's rubber sandals in like every color, I am in the desert, it's hot as heck here. I learned very early on in my professional career, you get what you pay for in clothing. I've been buying GOOD QUALITY clothing ever since my first blend business shirt pilled... enough and I was off to Brook Brother NYC, later Paul Stewart... and the rest is history. Looking forward to the posts....

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

4. lovejosabank

lovejosabank Member

I actually stumbled onto this site by accident. Joined the fray right away.
    I figured since everyone was talking about clothes I might learn
    something and possible add some knowledge as well.

5. Groucho365

Groucho365 New Member

Hey, I joined recently as my job has required me to start wearing suits after 10 years of business casual. My old suits were HSM and S&K specials, so I went straight to my old fave, Brooks Brothers, to add some upgrades. Then came the sticker shock. So, now I'm lurking here to find what makes a great suit and learn how to (wisely) spend my money.

6. KYeezy

KYeezy Senior member

Hi I'm Kevin, I don't post a lot more creeping than posting. Recently just got into common projects, been looking everywhere for a pair of Vintage bball high's, seems impossible to find. Size 31 in jeans, currently rocking nudies, and n&f. Still in Uni, and poor as a mutha.....yea you get the point :)

Take Care
    -Kevin

7. Straightbiz1

Straightbiz1 New Member

Hey guys.

I will come onto this forum a lot, now that I've found it.

I get a lot of designer stuff, and I really don't need it. (Mostly shoes) (Forzieri, Fennix, Mauri, Ralph Lauren.)

So what ever I have and get will be on here.

Hope to make some friends, and sell some clothes.

-Jay.

8. EsPaul

EsPaul New Member

Hello, everyone.

Just happened to stumble upon this site today. Looks like a good one.

Love everything (mostly) about fashion and am here to pick up tips and maybe help out a bit, if I can.

I'm a 30 year old with a profession in the medical field.

Thanks for having me,

Esmin

9. DashCunning

DashCunning New Member

Aloha,
    I'm Matt from Hawaii. I came across this forum while researching some of the thrift store treasures I've been finding here - lots of stuff that tourists leave at hotels or at dry cleaners.

10. Ken Spinozza

Ken Spinozza New Member

Oh it's my turn now? okay...

I'm Ken from the rocket northeast region of Brazil. I'm in my late twenties and I'm a Brazilian paramedic living in the UK. I enjoy reading, cooking and the simple things of life.

Thank you

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

11. ayoungs

ayoungs Well-Known Member

I've been lurking, enjoying the Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread.

Thanks

12. CMC2012

CMC2012 New Member

Hey everyone, just joined this site today... I was a model for Hollister and Abercrombie in 07/08 so I pretty much lived out of those clothes for a while... about to start my teaching career this fall and want to look grown up, but not the typical tacky sweater vest deal like most teachers... looking forward to finding some deals and learning some new stuff here

13. dirkchivers

dirkchivers New Member

Currently - Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, UK
    Hi kids.

i've been a lurker off and on. one of those folks limited by the budget afforded by my career station. i'm currently in Sunderland UK studying beer brewing, but a resident of Providence, RI. The well-dressed brewers of old are a part of my inspiration, the other part is a dogged love of The Chap magazine. So, sincere amateur status here but aspiring for greater things.

Cheers!

14. mb6c

mb6c Active Member

Hi all,

I'm a young professional from NY and am new to the site. I'm looking to improve my attire and perhaps venture out from Brooks Brothers. I realized that paying a premium for quality may be a good investment as a lot of lower end clothes wear out quickly.

I recently got my first Allen Edmonds, simple black Park Avenues, and I have my eyes set on a Jack Victor suit. I'm also looking to get several good quality slacks. Of course being a younger guy I'm not ready for Canali suits and $1500 shoes just yet.

Looking forward to learning

15. jonwatts5

jonwatts5 New Member

My name is Jon, and I live in Atlanta, GA. I'm learning little by little the joys of dressing better. It all started in October 2010, when I actually paid a descent amount of money for the best haircut I ever had. Slowly but surely, the wardrobe is following. I think I had to get my confidence up before I started to go down this road, and the haircut was the catalyst.

I'm pretty laid back with clothing. A slim fitting white t-shirt and jeans are my favorite, but I am becoming obsessed with finding good deals on shoes, sport coats, ties, etc. via thrift stores and Ebay. I'm currently on the lookout for some Allen Edmonds and anything Brooks Brothers really. My greatest find was a heather gray suit with a light pin stripe for $20. It fit me like a glove already, but I had it taken it a bit more for a slim look.

I hope to post on here more. Nice to meet everyone!