Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Fabsos

Fabsos Member

Hi all fabsos her3. I'm a 40 sumthin female from NY. Married to a denim junkie. Lot's of vintage denim and samples to unload. Stay tuned!!!!!

2. chrisrotolo

chrisrotolo New Member

I've been a longtime reader, and am now a member.

I try to avoid OTR, and at least buy made to measure, but I can't always afford it, and there are some great OTR brands. I will eventually take my enduring OTR pieces in for alterations when my budget allows. But in a perfect world, all my clothes would be bespoke.

I'm in Toronto. I've got a suit and a bunch of shirts from Trend Custom Tailors. I currently have pieces at all the well-reviewed alterations places in the city, so I can find my go-to place.

I'm a fan of Etro, Robert Graham, (some) Cavalli, Canali, Zegna, and similar brands.

My next big purchase will be custom-made shoes, so I'm trying to learn more about that. Point me towards any recommendations you have. Especially here in Toronto.

3. Suitable

Suitable New Member

Italian guy, living around Europe...
    Been recently introduced to "formal" business attires and looking for guidance, not that I don't enjoy it of course.
    Just landed on this forum after googling a bit for proper style suggestions, so please be patient with me ;-)

4. liveastro

liveastro New Member

Hello all, I'm Matt and I design/print my own clothes... I found Styleforum by Googling for a pair of Common Projects sneakers in my size. I like sneakers too much...

5. SenorSeniorSr

SenorSeniorSr Member

Hi I'm SSS,

I wear jeans and red wings like 24/7.

Pleased to meet all of you.

6. 66Nick

66Nick New Member

Name is Nick, live in the SF area of California and wear denim with boots 90% of the time, and either running shoes (for actual running) or suits/dress shoes the other 10%.

Lurked on here a while ago when I was researching a pair of Wolverine 1K boots, and had to sign up to tell everyone how happy I was with wolverine's service. (Review posted in the Wolverine 1K review http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review)

7. npentyl

npentyl New Member

Hello,
    I am 32 and have recently graduated and relocated to southern California in search of a new career. Now that I am a bit more settled in I have acquired a small job to hold me over but am looking for a real place to work. I am very interested in learning about the nuance and subtleties of style, as I have not been able to really study them before. I look forward to reading as much as I can, and hope to be able to contribute as much as I learn.

Thanks!

8. LeJouvre

LeJouvre Senior member

Florida, USA ; New zealand; Hong Kong; Singapore
    Hi, I am in my early thirties, an Englishman immigrant to Florida, USA and I am a post graduate engineer in the weapons industry.

I have been on and off the SF website for a few years now and I am finally forced to join to ask a seller something in the Buy/Sell forum.

This is a great website, a fantastic forum and I hope I will be able to make some positive contribution during my stay.

Thanks for having me.

Don

9. Ridgeway

Ridgeway Member

Hi, Scott here, 47 as I write this. Canadian working in computers.

I've recently lost some weight and used it as an excuse to update my style. Gradually.

I've moved to Moores and Aldo, Charles Tyrwhitt and Hawes and Curtis. Now that I have a better base (limited I admit, but we all have budgets, right), I'm looking to make more improvments and work toward a more personal style.

Looking forward to learning and participating here.

10. nycsam786

nycsam786 New Member

Hi, I am Sami. I live in NYC and I would love to learn more about style. This is a great website, and has a brilliant forum. I look forward to sharing and learning here. Thank you for your time and consideration.

11. whochrisliu

whochrisliu Well-Known Member

Hello, My names Chris I am 23 years old from Houston, TX.
    Long time lurker, but with my recent purchase of "big boy" clothes I decided to finally join so I can further learn and expand my wardrobe.

Thanks.

12. roastduck

roastduck Member

Hi, all!

Roastduck here, 22 from Lake Charles, LA. As a college student and drumline instructor, my wardrobe consists mostly of t-shirts and jeans/cargo shorts. I'm slowly expanding it to include more professional options, but being a poor college student, I must emphasize "slowly." Only started forming my own ideas of style in the past few months (look, I even started a tumblr about it!).

I see a lot of people who say they lurked for a while before joining, but I really don't believe in lurking. I like to be in the thick of things.

13. Rosalie

Rosalie New Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Rosie, and I'm interested in suit, well it's definitely not for me but for my husband, i always love to give him present especially suits. Hopes to have a great time here. :)

14. dreamspace

dreamspace Senior member

Hi, John here. I'm mainly interested in suits, shirts and shoes. Mainly use this site for tips, but also to hunt after deals...buying stuff on the web is so much cheaper than buying it local (at least here in Norway).

15. Psilocide

Psilocide New Member

Hey guys,
    I'm Robert, Been in Vegas for about 6 years, LA before that, and the south prior to that. I'm an attorney, so wear suits and such a decent bit, but am a great deal more casual outside the office.
    I usually go for style that is on the more affordable side, but will spend on a few high end items that I think are important.
    I'm happy to provide Vegas information for visitors, with the caveat that I'm not a big club guy anymore and not a big gambler.