Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dstrull

dstrull New Member

Visited the styleforum a few times. Definitely a menswear enthusiast. Look forward to gleaning and sharing whatever I have to offer. Originally from Chicago, living in SF for the past 2.5 years.

2. apsks0706

apsks0706 Member

Hello, I've lurked SF for about a year. Finally decided to make an account. California Bay Area native, 19 years old. I'm in the minority of sizing. I weigh 115 pounds and am 5'5". My chest is 34 and my waist is 28, so finding clothes is a pain.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012

3. StylinGuy

StylinGuy Well-Known Member

Hey fellas,

I'm Jeff and I got introduced to this forum through a friend of mine. Keep up the good work!

4. adampaul

adampaul Member

Adam here. I live in Maryland with the wife and 2 young children. I'm definitely a noob when it comes to men's style, but I'm hoping to change that. It was only recently that I started putting more thought into my wardrobe, and I've already picked up a few basic principles and things about which I can be proactive from here and other places around the internet. I'm an analytical guy, so it's refreshing to see that there are some things that are actually pretty objective when it comes to men's style. It's everything else I need help with.

As I consider my personal clothing choices over the past 5 years, I question much of it. Being a young professional (26-year old government employee), I find myself in a sort of style limbo that I can only describe as "adult-college student." I base most of what I wear around work, which is itself equal parts office and industrial environments, increasing my challenge to gain awareness of appropriate and stylish dress. As basic and humiliating it is to admit, my ultimate goal is to better myself at dressing like an adult without breaking the bank. I look forward to styleforum being a part of this process. Cheers!

5. sagitar

sagitar Well-Known Member

Hello all!

I have been active on SF for sometime now but never introduced myself. I am having lot of fun here.

Thanks to you all!

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Member

Hi all!
    I'm an high school student from Italy, (so i apologize in advance for my english), and yes, I'm actually quite fond of fine clothing and sartorial details. I've been a long time lurker, and i finally decided to join this awesome forum... I hope I'll learn even more!!!

7. Nota Bene

Nota Bene Member

I’m in my sixties and am one of several farmers with a PhD in my very rural county in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. I have resided in Japan, The Netherlands, Senegal and my wife and I lived in Scotland whilst I pursued a Ph.D. at St. Andrews University. Living in the British Isles made me acutely aware of my lack of sartorial knowledge; there are true gentlemen still dwelling there. Finding dress answers there is quite easy: find a Lord or his butler…

In my home county, the quality of fine garments would be sorely out of place, I sit on several boards elsewhere and in the winter, travel for pleasure. Its at these times that costume de rigueur is key.

Hopefully at my age, the distinction between true style and passing fashion has been grasped. I own Allen & Edmonds, Johnson & Murphy and Florsheim shoes (back to the days I worked in the Dallas corporate world). The long thread on shoe care has been most useful and I wish to thank all of those who contributed so much sage advice.

Fine craftsmanship appeals to my senses whether the object be a deer rifle or a dress shirt. The nuance of handmade will always trump the perfection of the machine for me.

I look forward towards much interesting learning on this forum.

8. foxfyre841

foxfyre841 New Member

Hello all and greetings from the southwest. I'm just past 30 years and am looking to move ahead in my life professionally (engineering). Following the addage "dress for job you want" I have decided to put some money into my wardrobe, hoping either for a raise or a good first impression in interviews. Where I intend to put the most money is shoes, and not just any shoes either: Vintage Florsheim shortwings, Royal Imperial line (calf or shell), burgundy - the one of the most classic shoes I've ever seen. I fell in love with them while looking for a dress shoe on ebay. After a late night at the office I missed the ebay auction. (Item# 180856358330 for those interested - feel free to let me know exactly how rare that size, model, condition and price are - If I'm going to mourn my loss I might as well do it with full knowledge).

Desperate internet searching has turned up little but HAS led me here. I'm hoping to peruse the classifieds and perhaps post a WTB thread when absolute desperation strikes.

I enjoy the usual hobbies out of the office that you might expect: camping, shooting, woodworking, blacksmithing, gunsmithing, mechanics, etc. I'm pretty much a jack of trades.

From the deserts of Arizona - James

9. GatorNic

GatorNic New Member

Hey everyone my name is Nic and I live in Los Angeles. As most people I stumbled upon this forum looking for specific answer. So far what I have seen this forum is great and I look forward to contributing.

10. Jeff Costello

Jeff Costello Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm a newer member, myself. I'm 22 years old, a university student (unemployed), and I'm 6'1 (more like six feet and three quarters of an inch) and currently at 157 lbs (For the past couple of years, I've ranged between 153 at lowest to about 164 at highest). I should consider working out and gaining muscle weight, though.

My interest in developing my personal style came through roughly three years ago, and basically started with the idea that as a college student, I should dress nicer on a regular basis. I've also taken up pursuing my hobby of collecting and wearing vintage style dress hats. Right now, I'm trying to improve my clothing fit and range of what to wear, I have a thread going on with that subject matter in mind.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

11. Dominicano

Dominicano New Member

Hi everyone :)
    Dominic i'm 24y old.
    Student from Poland, I just moved to Ireland.

12. RoddyMac

RoddyMac Member

hi everyone!

Not sure what I was searching for that brought me to SF first but I stuck around. I'm in my mid-forties, 6' 2" 190lbs, 42L 34x34. I live in Brooklyn Heights and work in IT for a bank in midtown that's stuck like many other businesses in the "dress casual" mode of the Clinton years. So I started buying suits and ties (and some wicked socks) a year ago and haven't stopped. Hope to be weaing a pocket square soon and am always scouting SF for ideas. Thanks for the great advice, looks and inspiration. --roddy

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Hi

Yo

What up

How do

nice to meet you

sup

how-dee

holla

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

14. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Hi, 31 yo spanish guy living in London. Been lurking for a while, it was about time to participate.

15. Ainse

Ainse New Member

Hi, here a spanish man trying to find his own style.