1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Elfsberg

Elfsberg Well-Known Member

Hi all

I'm Elfsberg. Male born 1966 with wife and two kids. Live in Sweden and work in the financial industry. I'm a keen photographer, Starcraft 2 player and sour-dough baker.

I'm also a Gaziano&Girling freak.

2. gigisor

gigisor New Member

Hi, this is from Jack. I am a fresh learner on eyewears. Now live in downtown Toronto.

3. nomadpat

nomadpat New Member

HI everyone. Might as well do the obligatory first post :)

I'm new to the style game. My work is business casual and I was the classic slacks/polo shirt dude all the time. It all started with buying an Armani suit from a consignment store (Dress 4 Less in Denver, awesome store by the way!) and paired it up with some nice Zegna and Isaia shirts. Amazing how comfortable the good stuff is. I've since added Isaia, Samuelsohn suits and a nice Armani jacket to the mix. I've had some trial and error along the way (especially with shirts - now I know to pay attention to the shoulder and chest measurements). I'm always looking to add to the closet.

I think French cuffs are more comfortable than barrel cuffs and prefer wearing them.

4. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

sup...

5. koan0802

koan0802 New Member

Hello all, I'm AJ. I joined up because of the range of topics I've come across on this forum and some of the discussions here. It looks like there's a bunch of members who are very generous with their time and experience, and I look forward to learning and sharing on a variety of subjects (with the occasional buy/sell transaction).

My main interest (at present) is watches, especially vintage automatic and mechanical wind watches. However, jackets have been gaining my interest slowly...it never ends, does it? [​IMG]

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

sup.

7. klaytos

klaytos Member

Hello everyone. Seem to end up at this forum for most information so thought I would start an account.

8. tubs

tubs Senior member

Hi, I'm Brett. I'm about to purchase a suit for my wedding, so I've been frequenting the site quite a bit in the last two weeks for information about brand quality. I did a lot of field work as a hydrologist for my previous job, so I mostly wore old college t-shirts and jeans that I didn't mind ruining. I like wearing nicer weekend clothes and am looking forward to developing my personal style.

9. Mr Preppy Guy

Mr Preppy Guy Member

Hi Mr Preppy Guy here. I always find myself here in this forum everytime I ask Google questions about style. So I decided to sign-up. I became interested in suits, and dressing sharp since I saw the TV show called "White Collar", the main character his name is Neal Caffrey (my avatar) played by Matt Bomer always wears a suit and since then I want to have casual suits. I became a subscriber of GQ as well.

I currently only have 2 suits: 2 button white suit and double breasted pinstripe black. I have 1 button dark gray suit coming.

I look forward for tips from the masters here!

10. EricRemillard

EricRemillard New Member

Hi, I'm Eric. And I'm new to this site. I'm not sure exactly what my personal style would be called, and I'm not even sure if I actually have a personal style yet. In the last year I have lost around 70 lbs so I am now taking style more seriously since there are plenty more options available to me. Hopefully I can get some tips from others about new brands and maybe even start to have a cohesive style.

11. life4

life4 Member

Hello, I'm Yeahfun, 26 from STL. Gotta explore a little bit more of this great forum!

12. dnakano

dnakano New Member

Young & Dumb, posting from sunny Honolulu Hawaii

13. Josh G

Josh G New Member

Now then. I'm Josh, from the UK. Arrived here looking for Yuketen advice, but will stick around most definitely.

14. SparkOfGenius

SparkOfGenius Member

Hello everyone.

I'm Gerald. I am coming from reddit's /r/MaleFashionAdvice to the forum.

I hope I can help some people out and bounce a few ideas off of some of you!

15. BFBFB

BFBFB Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I'm Brett.

I live Downtown Chicago on the lakefront and have been a clothing/shoe whore for as long as I can remember.

I'm in my thirties and work as a sales manager for a privately held designer eyewear company.

Generally I mix classics with trend items and definitely have my own style(thank god I don't have to wear suits to work)

I'll mostly be posting/stalking shoes.

16. lindamcg

lindamcg Member

Hi, I'm Linda. I came across to this website when I was searching for a gift for my partner. I got interested in some of the discussions here so I register. Not sure if there are other female members here.[​IMG]

17. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Sup

Sup...we have wimmenz members also....welcome...

18. medicaloperafan

medicaloperafan Member

19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

hai

20. mobulu

mobulu New Member

hallo hallo. nice to meet everyone. i'm 25-yo, law school student, interested in learning about shoes and watched in between civ pro and torts :D