1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Hey guys,

Caustic Man here. Just found this place and it looks like a gas. I am an American currently living in Dubai and I have a passion for all manner of men's fashion. Glad to meet ya'll.

2. splitplug

splitplug New Member

Hi, Kevin from Miami. It's summer 10 months out of the year here, so looking for lots of warm weather clothing advice.

3. PigFlys

PigFlys Member

Hello everyone!

I am from Newport Beach, SoCal. Been lurking around for sometime now, amazing info!!!

Im very new at this "trying to look better," so much stuff to read and think about and at the same time, so little money to experiment with....hahaha

4. DarrionB

DarrionB New Member

I am a college student in San Diego and looking better my wardrobe.

5. kodai

kodai New Member

Hi,

I'm Kodai from Japan.
    I'm looking for cool clothes.

Let me know if you have them.
    Kodai

6. reinhardgs

reinhardgs Well-Known Member

hello :) my name Reinhard from Den Haag :D

I wish to improve my knowledge and innovation in suit making :)
    I have excellency in the art of suit making, so if you want a great luxury suit with more acceptable price, let me know ;)
    I could give a luxurious suit with best materials available, bespoke for you (or not, if you desire so). I could tell you what's you need (style, colours, and so on) lets say a consultant when comes to fashion :D

feel free to ask me guys

7. raneym305

raneym305 Well-Known Member

I'm Matt. I'm in my mid 20's and live a double life.

I'm a sales consultant for large IT Firm, but also am going to school to become a travel journalist.

I'm here to get tips, advice, and inspiration to dress myself in a manner that is not only comfortable in both settings, but accentuates my dual personalities. I want to be professional as a journalist and worldly as a business man.

8. hunterxgatherer

hunterxgatherer Member

I'm Kirk. I currently work in an Advertising agency (creative environment) and though us artistic people usually go for comfort, I prefer to go for style and presence.

I have been visiting styleforum for the past year, and finally decided to join in on all the fun. I am looking to continue learning about the do's and dont's of mens attire, and hope that one day I can be as helpful and knowledgeable as some of the members on the board.

Also, I have to get in on this trade thread, have lots of great stuff I need to get rid off (Good stuff), and it seems like fun.

9. maxlindao

maxlindao New Member

Hi.

My name is Max. I live in Brazil and I'm in the senior year of college. I'm a noobie, and I'm just starting to build a professional wardrobe wich is why I came to this place. Lots of good advice and really helpful people. I hope this forum stays here for a long time helping others as much as its already helped me.

10. Matteruvfacts

Matteruvfacts New Member

Fellas, nice to meet you. I'm new to Style Forum as a member but have been following the community for some time now. I have been a clothing enthusiast since as early as I can remember and glad to be on this forum officially.

11. archivesguy

archivesguy New Member

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker for close to a year now, mostly in the thrifting and ask a question threads, but finally thought I'd speak up. I'm a youngish, and smallish guy so one challenge of dressing well has been either clothing that appears too old man-ish, and finding clothes that fit me properly. As I type this I'm wearing a Dior 'Jeune Homme' blazer that was my brother's in high school, and just about fits me perfectly.
    I'm a librarian and archivist at a rural state university about 60 mile east of Dallas, Texas. Dallas Metro has some great thrifting, I've been expanding my wardrobe slowly with weekend trips to the city. Look forward to interacting with you gentlemen in the future

12. dylllaaannn

dylllaaannn New Member

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. I've known about styleforum for a while, but haven't joined until now.

13. JL3212

JL3212 Senior member

Hello all,

I am a law student and looking to build/upgrade my wardrobe by relying on the very useful information on this forum.

14. ASNY2VA

ASNY2VA Senior member

Hi,

First time poster, been lurking for some time.

15. dirtybird

dirtybird New Member

Hi guys, very long time lurker, finally signed up to post and ask questions and sometimes give input. Just like clothing and fashion since high school, always looking for ways to spend my money on stuff like watches and shoes and bags!

16. londonbreed

londonbreed New Member

Hi my name is jay im from london and wouldnt say ive allowed myself to dress the way i would like pretty much to do with some what feeling friends would judge me as i like to dress smart compare to them but ive decided enough is enough lol.

17. OptoDoc

OptoDoc Senior member

I have been a regular reader of the forum for a few months now. I recently graduated from Optometry school and finally have some money coming in to update my wardrobe with (I still have some clothes in my closet from when I graduated high school...I know, I know). I recently threw out about 3/4's of what was in my closet and have forbidden anyone in my family from buying clothes for me unless I approve them first. I know it will take time to build up my wardrobe to the way I want it, and it's tough to be patient, but I look forward to asking the fine members of this board many questions along the way.

Here is my current wish list:

5 - light worsted wool dress pants, flat front: black, dark gray, light gray, brown, tan
    (I currently have a large stock of various colored chinos and some casual & dress jeans)

5 - 100% cotton wrinkle-free dress shirts, slim fit: 2 white, blue, white/blue checkered, white/blue striped

4 - light worsted wool suits, slim fit, fully canvassed: dark gray, light gray, navy, black

1 - linen suit, slim fit: white/light khaki

3 - blazers/sport coats, slim fit, fully canvassed: navy, tan, gray

2 - topcoats: dark gray/black wool, tan trenchcoat

2 - peacoats: black/dark gray, brown/tan

8 - no-button cuffed bottom polos: white, black, blue, green, maroon, tan, purple, yellow

8 - v-neck, nice, dressy tee shirts

A barrage of new ties: especially skinny ones

Shoes:
    1-black balmoral oxford (I have the AE Vernon on order)
    1-brown oxford
    1-walnut oxford with brogueing
    1-burgandy oxford
    1-brown slipon
    1-black monk strap
    1-boat shoe
    1-brown sandal
    1-casual canvas shoe

Sweaters, v-neck, wool: black, gray, tan, maroon, blue, green, yellow, gray argyle, blue argyle

Hope it was ok for me to type all that. I'm glad to be a member of the board and hope everyone has a great weekend.

18. SOAZ

SOAZ New Member

I'm always looking for good deals on quality items. I've learned to cry once and buy the best so it lasts.

I buy gear that gets hard use like hiking, hunting, riding vintage dirt bikes and more.

I also buy gear that see's relatively easy use in offices and on airplanes.

As long as it's honestly and well made, I like it.

19. Haozhou5

Haozhou5 New Member

Hi I'm Hao. Here to check out sales for clothes

20. sonaria

sonaria Member

hi I am a newbie, here to learn about fabrics :D