1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jonwatts5

jonwatts5 New Member

My name is Jon, and I live in Atlanta, GA. I'm learning little by little the joys of dressing better. It all started in October 2010, when I actually paid a descent amount of money for the best haircut I ever had. Slowly but surely, the wardrobe is following. I think I had to get my confidence up before I started to go down this road, and the haircut was the catalyst.

I'm pretty laid back with clothing. A slim fitting white t-shirt and jeans are my favorite, but I am becoming obsessed with finding good deals on shoes, sport coats, ties, etc. via thrift stores and Ebay. I'm currently on the lookout for some Allen Edmonds and anything Brooks Brothers really. My greatest find was a heather gray suit with a light pin stripe for $20. It fit me like a glove already, but I had it taken it a bit more for a slim look.

I hope to post on here more. Nice to meet everyone!

2. Bizl

Bizl Member

Hello,

My name is Jamie and I found this forum while look for some reviews on some boots I was looking to buy. The first hand experience and knowledge that I found here was amazing. I read a few posts on various topics and then decided to join up.

My workplace is a fairly relaxed environment, clothing wise, so I don't have a need to "dress up" but I like to do what I can.

I hope that I can learn a lot from this community and, in time, pitch in.

Thanks,

3. microserf

microserf New Member

My name is Chris and I live in the Washington DC area. As you can probably guess from the username, I work for a software company based in the Seattle area. About 5 years ago, I started dressing "better", which at my company is significant. I work with mostly government folks so style is more conservative than many other places. However, after picking up a couple of pair of Allen Edmonds, my first "good" watch (Rolex GMT Master II with the Pepsi bezel), and some nicer suits, I've become more interested in quality clothing, shoes, etc.

I heard about this forum from Ask Andy, and expect to post on a fairly regular basis. I travel about 3 weeks of every month so any tips on traveling in style, maintaining a waredrobe while on the road, and similar items are of high interest for me. Also any recommendations on tailors in the greater Washington DC area are appreciated. I'm now ready to take that next step into quality menswear.

4. madmacs

madmacs Senior member

Expat Scot stuck in the US... wore a tie for 25 years, had a 6 year hiatus from it, but decided now is the right time to go back to it...

Not really sure about this whole preppie thing, or the fashion forward thing, definitely wouldnt have a problem wearing a tweed 3 piece suit or a pair of brogues (wingtips) less likely to see myself in a pair of penny loafers...

Frequent kilt wearer, so if you have any questions in that area feel free to ask

5. charlos

charlos New Member

I'm a 27 year old CPA located in South Florida. Lurked here for a while but I, and the significant other, feel that it's time for me to finally join. I've been trying to improve my style for a little bit now and have a general idea on how I "should" be dressing. Unfortunately, I can never pull it all together and tend to fall back into a simple jeans, t-shirt, moccasins get up that, well, isn't too stylish. Now I turn to the internet for help!

That said, I hope to get a lot out of being here and eventually hope I can give a little back too.

6. bala

bala Member

hi all i am a fashion enthusiast and sure have more questions than answers so looking forward to great fun times

7. bendyyy

bendyyy New Member

I can't believe how long I've lurked. Applause for all the knowledge here.

8. TurnerE

TurnerE Member

Turner here. I split my time between the UK and LA. I love dressing well, but I think I'm only just getting the hang of it. I devote most of my money to buying clothes because I prefer to buy nicer pieces... I also love thrifting and poring through pages and pages of ebay auctions to find a good deal. This place seems great, so I can't wait to start posting :)

9. lion18938

lion18938 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm lion18938 from Pennsylvania. I'm retired now and building up a casual wardrobe. I really like the Gloverall Duffle Coats (42R) as well as casual shoes 91/2 (except Clark's) and watches.

I hope to hear from you and best wishes to all.

Lion

10. gilbo

gilbo New Member

hey guys
    I'm gilbert from Mexico city. I found this forum and i think its really useful and nice.
    I've been trying to get my own style without success and i really don't want to look like a clown.
    So I'd like to get some help from the experts
    Thanks!

11. trifidpaw

trifidpaw New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Theo. I like good clothes.

I enjoy photography,and well photographing nice clothes (In the detail) is a new hobby of mine!

I hope that I can help anyone if they need any more information :)

12. Modigliani

Modigliani New Member

Hello guys!

I'm a swedish guy interested in classic fashion with an italian/british twist. I like brittish fabrics, italian shoes and indian accessories. And I',m trying to rock it on a small budget. Worst thing I can imagine is the cold months in Sweden. Prefer to spend them on the south asian sub-continent!

Other interests include good food, art and litterature, politics and Bollywood movies. Questions?

Best!

13. albeindc

albeindc Senior member

Hey everyone! I'm Albert, and I currently live in the DC metro area. I've recently (within the last 4 or 5 years) begun to try and clean up my style and wardrobe to something that's coherent.
    I tend to go towards the classic prep look with some more modern style thrown in here and there. I love American and British styles (think RL, Hackett) and like incorporating some Italian flair every now and then. Not big into having expensive or brand name everything - just value for money and solid pieces. Looking for inspiration from all the experts out there!

I really enjoy food and cooking and automobiles. I also like photography. Oh and a huge Manchester United supporter! GGMUFC

14. pbarbosa473

pbarbosa473 New Member

hi ,
    Im Barbosa, i love this forum, today i decided to join:)

congratulations to the creator and users !

Cheers

15. drifter310

drifter310 New Member

Peter here, I joined this forum to get some insight on fashion from different countries.

16. WE SELL IN LOT

WE SELL IN LOT New Member

HI I'M Piergiuseppe Castiello,
    i have one company very important in italy and we sell the most italian brands in all the world also in stock and lot!
    Our brands are: KITON, LUIGI BORRELLI, BARBA, CUCINELLI, ATTOLINI, BRIONI, GUCCI, FENDI, LANVIN, ARMANI, DIOR AND MORE

IF YOU ARE INTERESSED IN SOME LOT ALERT ME
    P

17. redpawn

redpawn Member

Hey everyone, I'm RedPawn.

- Former expat, currently based out of NY
    - Working as a consultant, publicist and freelance designer
    - My style is generally formal/preppy

Looking forward to finally posting here after years of lurking!

18. dforest

dforest New Member

Dforest on all forums.
    Work at nrml clothing,
    i probably wont post too much here
    sell me some gear in my WTB thread.

19. neak

neak New Member

I'm Neas. I live in NJ about 20 mins outside of NYC. In the last sentence I used two abbreviations and those maybe the only 2 abbreviations on this site that I have figured out. My next "search" will be a glossary of terms and abbreviations used on this board. A slight exaggeration, but I've spent some time scratching my head as to some of them listed on here. I am not a member of MENSA nor have I ever had to ride a special bus before, I just need some more time "lurking". Posting about my upcoming wedding has made me realize 2 things so far: 1) I haven't gone about it in the best way. 2) I have a lot to learn. Which brings me to quest to find the best white dress shirt for my wedding day..........wait, I will do a search first to avoid looking like a lazy newbie. I WAS wondering though if it should be a TP, BB, RRL, XYZ, FCC, AAA or a SBD. Forget it, I'll look it up.

20. GProud

GProud New Member

Greetings StyleForum, it's a rare treat to find a Forum with a community vibe but you seem to have it. I live in London and have a weakness for Air Max 1s, selvedge denim, shirts, good quality street labels and APC amongst other things.