Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. delpingero

delpingero New Member

I'm Charlie. nice to know you mate,

2. jjjcking1

jjjcking1 Member

Hey everyone, I'm Jeff and I'm retiring from the USAF after 21 years, time to start dressing for work

3. sigderrick

sigderrick New Member

My name is Derrick. I am a college student. Big fan of Brooks Brothers, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide, Land's End, and Sperrys!

4. Young88

Young88 Member

Hi, I'm student and stuck in the middle with few things, style is one of them.

5. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

Hello everyone!

Just stumbled on this forum yesterday while searching for Red Wing stuff.
    I'm from Malaysia but the good stuff here has a heavy tax....

Love jeans but no time to wear them.

6. cufflinQ

cufflinQ New Member

I have come here seeking knowledge. I have, for number of years, had a mild obsession with cuff links. Of late, the mild obsession has morphed into a consuming obsession, or, as one author I recently read - and as I prefer to characterize it, a productive obsession. I think a lot about cuff links - how they're worn; how they're made; who wears them; why; how can I re-invent them, make them better, make them different; how to market to current wearers; how to find, and market to, people who do not yet wear cuff links; and on and on and...you get the picture.

SF is a great place, I have recently discovered, to find candid conversations about cuff links. And to find answers to my many questions. I am finding, here, much of the knowledge I seek in my quest. I intend to apply said knowledge to the production of great cuff links. I welcome the input of anyone willing to offer.

7. Nerik

Nerik Member

Hello,

I just moved in New-York City from Paris for my job. Even if I'm only 25, I'm a huge fan of english shoes and suits.
    Crockett & Jones / Church's are my references for my shoes and Hackett for my suits.

I hope to help you if you have questions about France or Europe.

Nerik

8. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

sup...

9. slimfit4me

slimfit4me Active Member

Hi!

Decided to join this forum which has been helpful to me in building a new wardrobe in the past few months since losing a few pounds. Dropped down 1 size on all my clothes so it was time for a new wardrobe. Thanks styleforum!

Ed

10. HeadHunter

HeadHunter New Member

Hi, I am HeadHunter. That pseudonym doesn't necessarily relate to searching for oral sex. I mostly wear jeans but will put on my tuxedo given the slightest excuse, or none at all. Clothes are less of an interest to me than cocktails, particularly Manhattans and Martinis. My interest in clothing was recently raised by a friend of mine, however.

I make a living as a firearms instructor and writer. I have taught almost 200 high level firearms classes, written over 100 articles about firearms, and have made two DVDs.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  11. KHughes

KHughes Member

Hello everyone. Longtime lurker, only posted a few times. I'm a music teacher in south eastern North Carolina, so I'm doing my best to steer my wardrobe away from casual shoes and novelty ties. [​IMG] I've been drooling over the thrift store thread for a while now. I'm a big guy, so if you come across anything on my wish list, let me know. Thanks!

Blazers/ Jackets in 52s or 54s
    Pants size 52 or 54, 29 or 30 length
    Shoes 10.5 D
    Pocket Squares Ties ETC...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  12. Anduru

Anduru Senior member

Greetings fashionistos,

My name is Andrew, I'm 22 living in Toronto and finishing a "Fashion Arts" (aka fashion business; they make it sound more fun than it is) degree at the end of April this year. After that I either want to work in visual merchandising or something with a fashion magazine; I'm not sure yet.
    I am a huge thrift store shopper, and Savers (named Value Village in Canada) is my go-to place when I'm in need of some retail therapy. It's cheaper than a real therapist AND I usually end up with something new for my wardrobe.
    Although I made my account a while ago I haven't posted yet, and I've only flicked through a couple of threads. One thing I noticed is that I seem to be a minority being gay on here, which is cool but a bit strange because I don't have many friends, much less straight guy friends, and many of my acquaintances are gay, female, or both. [​IMG]
    It also looks to me that I have a more unconventional style compared to many posters on here. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong on either accounts though!

If anybody is curious to see what inspires me, check out my blog: http://andrewdavidalex.tumblr.com/

xoxo gossip girl~*~

p.s. I hope some of you appreciate sassy gay humour. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  13. kicksinstyle

kicksinstyle Well-Known Member

Hey,
    Longtime lurker first time poster. Not sure why it took me so long to sign up.
    I'm 41, grew up near Glasgow, Scotland but have lived in the San Francisco area for 17 years.
    I'm interested in a hodge-podge of British youth street style from the 60s to the 80s... I was/am a punk but never dressed the part.
    My wardrobe is Levi's (either LVC or regular 501 STF), desert boots, docs, adidas, vans (pretty much only when riding bikes these days), or my new Tricker's monkey boots (although I am vegan and have a hard time justifying the leather... Always on the lookout for good non-leather shoes but the quality rarely matches the price), certain styles of Ben Sherman, Brooks Brothers oxfords, Fred Perry made in England polos, cardis and jumpers, Lyle & Scott jumpers, Harringtons, and assorted vintage.
    Well that's enough about me for now I think. It's Friday night and I'm off for a beer. Cheers!

14. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Pls PM me for the address to send your SF dues.....

15. calidist

calidist Senior member

San Franciscan here as well. Dig the JP pic. I had The Undertones play in SF last year at a music festival I organize.