1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DMloop

DMloop Member

I'm here too, well rather transplanted here.
    Know any places that sells shoe care? I cant seem to find anything past kiwi or that Ace hardware brand around here.

Anyways I'm Al and I'm obsessed with shoes.

2. fafahadyan

fafahadyan Member

DMloop, just go to here, i suggest you to use venetian shoe cream for boots care, more affordable than shaphire [​IMG]

3. DiplomaticTies

DiplomaticTies Senior member

I'm Daniel, Swedish diplomat, currently based in Geneva.

I have had an interest in menswear for as long as I can remember. All kinds of clothes actually, but the tie is especially close to my heart(!). Even if I have been into menswear for a long time it is just recently that I have chosen to embrace it and make it more of a hobby. That's why I started the blog Diplomatic Ties together with my wife who is an excellent photographer.

I have no particular ambitions with the blog in the sense that I'm not looking for another job or making it commercial. Rather it is just a testament to my love of menswear (and to some extent photography in general).

As a new member here I don't really know what to expect yet, but I think I'm looking forward to it all the same!

4. notdos

notdos Well-Known Member

I'm Phillip, long time lurker.
    I really enjoy reading the forum and thought it was time I participated. Love shoes, watches and pretty much anything style related. :D

Phillip

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. juliancd

juliancd Member

Hi, I am Juliana, I am new to this forum. I live in Manchester. Looking forward to a great time on this forum.
    Cheers..
    Juliana

6. hidalgostt

hidalgostt Member

Hey guys, literally just joined. Love this site already. Sort of just looking to expand my horizons. Started a new job in New York city and I'm looking to change up my style a bit. Hoping to pick up various style tips and great brands from everyone here on the forum. Thanks.

7. kathleenjones

kathleenjones New Member

Hi,

I am Kathleen new user to this forum.

8. Naturally

Naturally New Member

9. LIMatt

LIMatt Well-Known Member

Hello. I'm Matt from Long Island.

For most of my life (I'm 47), I didn't give clothes much thought. The fact that I was fat for most of my life contributed. But recently I lost a great deal of weight, to the point where I had to replace my entire wardrobe. I thought "Since I have to start over with this new body, I might as well do it right." So I started looking around the net to find out what to buy and what to wear. That eventually led me to Put This On, which led me here.

I've been lurking for a little while. But I signed up for The Proper Kit, and if I'm going to meet some of you I should show myself. So here we are. [​IMG]

10. flyjones

flyjones New Member

Hey everyone, I’m Fred from Houston.

Currently an MBA student pursuing law school. I’ve been interested in men’s fashion since high school, but the last few years of working before coming back to school finally gave me the financials to start building a cool wardrobe. Hard to say about my favorite brands, but John Elliott and Drifter come to mind for casual stuff (tees, hoodies, sweats, etc.). For dress clothes I tend toward Paul Smith (suits) and Santoni (shoes), but I also snag a fair amount of aftermarket discounted button-downs from Scotch and Soda and similar brands.

I hope to someday find my way into the men’s fashion (tech) industry, but until then I guess I’ll just hang out here. Glad to finally make an account - like plenty of others I’ve been checking out the site for a while.

Cheers,
    Fred

11. JohnWne

JohnWne New Member

Hi guys!

I'm an Austrian business student. I like art, fashion and tech!
    I have been a long time lurker and finally decided to join to be able to participate ;)

12. GentlemanJack

GentlemanJack New Member

Hello all!

I am a photographer and I consider myself a dapper gentleman of sorts. I love bourbon whiskey and anything leather.

I am looking forward to sharing my photos and getting to know more people here!

13. rcstinger

rcstinger New Member

Hey everyone

I am from Canada and just wanted to check out this site and hopefully get some fashion advice.

Look forward to hearing from you

Cheers
    Ray

14. MrMatt

MrMatt New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm Matt from the UK - recently started working in a professional job and want to learn more about gentlemen's clothing. Have been reading the forum for a few months and found really good advice so far.

15. Lighthouse

Lighthouse Senior member

Welcome to all the recent newcomers. I'm the greeter of sorts around here.

We look forward to your contributions to the forum.

16. karstenelgaard

karstenelgaard Member

Hi, i'm Karsten. I like casual streetwear, but with a mix of everything really. I'm 21.

17. DesertYeti

DesertYeti New Member

I'm J Brian, I live Portland Oregon, but work overseas 80 percent of the time. No kids early 30's and married. I am into classic styles, stuff that will be fashionable 2 decades from now, try to avoid most trends. Trying to update my suits, blazers, sweaters and shoes right now. I do a ton of outdoor activities so if you have any questions on outdoor gear, or apparel feel free to ask.

18. Dario65

Dario65 Senior member

Hi All,

New here. Also from Portland, OR (I somebody from yesterday is as well). Coming to this late as I'm 50, but really need to get educated and get some help. Used to have to suit up for work, which was fairly easy. Last 15 years of so have been casual and it's turned into a disaster. Last week my wife said "enough - you have to start dressing better." And she's right. Not as easy (for me) to dress well casually.

Here to read and learn. Will ask for some advice. Going to the Allen Edmonds thread first for some advice. Then onward.

19. LeChef

LeChef Member

Hey there! Im Roy (LeChef) I live in Wisconsin, yes Wisconsin. Anyone else live in WI? I enjoy anything creative and currently work in ceramics

20. jcman311

jcman311 Senior member

I also currently live in WI. Welcome!