1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. boba fett

boba fett Member

Been checking this site for a while for advice. Thought I'd join, mainly to ask questions of far better informed types than I.

I live in Toronto, and do pretty much all of my clothes shopping here.

Have a few shirts from House of Salgado, a ton of shirts from Trend Custom Tailor and a couple suits from Zeglio, a pair of shoes from Leatherfoot. So that's kind of my vibe I guess for that sort of thing.

My job doesn't require me to dress as such but I enjoy great fitting and looking clothes of all types, and I figure if you're going to dress a little more upscale, you might as well be comfortable and do it right, otherwise why bother?

So that's me!

2. davidazio

davidazio Well-Known Member

Greetings SF! I've been reading the forum for a couple of years now and have just joined the board to ask some questions, learn more and hopefully contribute at some point.

I'm 26 years old, live in Rome, and wish my pockets went far deeper than they currently do to make the most of the fantastic tailoring tradition Italy offers :)

I wear a suit 5 days a week at work and mostly trousers and sportcoats on the weekend. I own a couple of suits and sportcoats from SuitSupply and Boggi, as well as some bespoke gems made long before I was born by Battistoni and Belsiana 19, and am currently trying to build a more fun and versatile wardrobe.

Hope to learn more yet, and many thanks to everyone for all the invaluable information posted here.

3. ragingbull

ragingbull Member

Hello my friends.

I really need some tips for interview outwear... freshly out of campus, I have a lot more the learn

The gents here have great styles and I wish I can on par with them in the near future.

4. Varluche

Varluche New Member

Hi all
    I am Jean-Marc from Toulouse.
    I have a passion for English shoes and I am here to get information from the English speaking community.
    Thanks.

5. ren555

ren555 New Member

Hello everyone. I've been a reader of styleforum for some time. Today I finally joined to ask folks' opinions about putting together some basic pieces of clothing, and doing so stylishly. I look forward to many more conversations over the interweb.

6. Ronkoteus

Ronkoteus New Member

Hi,
    I've been reading some posts here about MTM clothing. Since I need some advice on the subject I decided to join.

7. goggans

goggans Active Member

Hello everyone!

I've been a consumer of styleforum for years and finally decided to join and contribute.

I live in Nashville, TN and work in a creative industry, so there's a lot of leniency in what is an acceptable wardrobe. I prefer a slightly dressier and clean look (classic colors, simple ensembles, tailored fit, etc.). I typically wear jeans, button down shirt (dress or OCBD), and leather shoes. This often makes me the most put together person in the room. I have an extreme fascination with sport coats and sweaters. I hate trainers unless I'm in the gym or on the pitch. I'm not afraid of aging and I'm secretly happy to have a smattering of grey hairs. I'm a southerner and strive to be a gentleman treating every one with respect and kindness. I pray that my son rejects black nike socks, under armour tees, and flat bill caps in lieu of chinos, polos, and topsiders.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  8. dresden

dresden Member

Moved to Amsterdam late last winter. I found I had a lot more time for fashion blogs than I did back home. I found the Forum through the thread "mod to suede head" and have been hooked ever since. I love and hate it! So I joined. I mostly read the classic menswear threads so far. I like mohair suits, silk knit and grenadine ties, bass weejuns, Fred Perry and Levi's, among other things. I don't like brown shoes ( although some of you here can make brown look amazing) and have come to hate the word patina. like I said, I love the forum and have learned so much already.

9. ILMP

ILMP Member

Like many in this thread, I have been lurking for months and finally decided to join. Styleforum has already helped take my wardrobe, especially shoes, to the next level with style and quality - cheers.

10. fox15

fox15 Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm Jake. I have family in the menswear business, but I'm in Criminal Justice by trade. I'm also addicted to ebay, and have been lurking to try to learn how to tell real from fake and age items

11. GuyOnABuffalo

GuyOnABuffalo New Member

Hi all,

You can call me Guy, though I can't promise that I won't think your being condescending. I started lurking around this past spring. I work at a Museum (though I'm in my mid-20's and that's subject to change soon), which means a jacket and tie is overdressed (I still wear them when I can) and I have some opportunities for semi-formal dress. I joined because I needed tuxedo/dinner jacket guidance and found that, as is usually the case with any subject, I couldn't just learn a little and be satisfied; I need to become as much of an expert as possible. I love the pursuit of individual style, I love fashion when it makes clear reference to history and tradition, I love suits, i can appreciate good shoes, I love learning, and I hate both large armholes and most brands' sorry excuses for "slim fit."

Best,
    GuyOnABuffalo

12. Art89b

Art89b Member

Hello people. Im Arthur, I'm from Los Angeles, i'm addicted to leather goods. Boots are awesome, my favs brands are Nicks, White's. i'm a welder.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  13. Space

Space Active Member

Hi I'm Space, I joined today looking to buy some clothes, I'm in Belgium at this moment.
    Thanks

14. brnrth

brnrth Member

How's it going guys, new here. I have been lurking in the Suitsupply thread seeing what you guys talk about and I have to say you all are very knowledgeable about fits and fabrics. I'm pretty impressed. I work at the Soho store, so seeing what you guys talk about is interesting to me. If any of you have specific questions about the product, a fit, etc please let me know or shoot me a PM with the question. I'll most likely be focused on the Suitsupply thread, but may make my way around the rest of the forum as well. Thanks dudes

15. J3553Y

J3553Y New Member

Hey all, I'm an Australian man-child about to start my first full time job and looking for appropriate footwear. Figured this would be a nice place to start! :D

16. moltoelegante

moltoelegante Well-Known Member

Hello, I'm an entrepreneur living and working in Ukraine at the moment. I recently became inspired to try bespoke tailor-made clothing because the clothing choices in the malls are quite poor here (and everywhere in general, to be honest, but even worse here), and also because labor is generally cheap here so I can get the top tailor in Ukraine to make me a bespoke shirt from Thomas Mason fabric for $150.

I have already learned quite a bit from lurking here before I signed up, and looking forward to learning more and being inspired to create new shirts, suits.... I even want to try hand-made shoes if I can find someone really good!

17. Chotii

Chotii Well-Known Member

Hi there, I recently discovered this forum while researching an item of clothing for eBay (where I sell - though mostly women's clothing). I love the forum where people show the treasures they found in thrift stores, because that's one of my passions, too!

In brief: I'm a homeschooling mom/author/eBayer/crafter/woodworker/jackette-of-all-trades, and I think I'm going to really love it here (though I'll probably lurk more than I post).

18. ksbluesfan

ksbluesfan New Member

I'm ksbluesfan. I'm a 50-year-old guy who lives in the suburbs of Overland Park, KS (just south of Kansas City, MO).

I came to SF because I noticed that there are older gentlemen here who have incredible style. I could use a little inspiration.

My job doesn't have a dress code because I work from home. While I could get away with wearing pajamas all day, I prefer to dress in what most people would consider to be business casual. When my wife and I go out to dinner, I like to wear a sport coat and slacks. I try to follow traditional rules because I didn't know these rules existed when I was younger. That means I don't wear linen or seersucker before Easter or after Labor Day, I don't wear brown shoes with black pants, my socks match my trousers, and so on. I would love to be a dandy, but neither my budget nor my lifestyle would allow it. I rarely wear jeans, shorts or t-shirts (unless I'm working in the yard or at the gym). I have trouble finding clothes that fit well because I'm so thin (5'10", 145 lbs, 36 regular). I probably could use a good tailor.

I won't post very often, but I will browse nearly every day.

Thanks for having me.

19. decor8j

decor8j Member

Hi all, I'm Janesh from India and new to the place! Look forward to chatting and getting stuck in :) Have a good day! Love all things fashion! (strange for an Indian I know!)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  20. Wiki Wei

Wiki Wei New Member

I am wiki and I don't know how to use this forum , does this forum only discuss clothing style ?