1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. derrida

derrida Member

Hey, I'm Derrida (3hunna on Care-tags).
    I decided to make an account as care-tags is shut down for the summer and /fa/ sucks.
    I'm 16 years old from NYC, I enjoy skateboarding, painting, playing instruments (though I'm uniformly terrible), reading (I most recently read Simulacra and Simulations by Baudrillard and the Caucasian Chalk Circle by Brecht), going to theatre, etc.

2. TheDapperHat

TheDapperHat Member

My name is Matt and I am new to the forum. I am the president of a social register, a professional speaker, and I am also the CEO of a luxury wrist watch company that will be launching in early fall. I live in Dallas, Texas and I am currently going to college for law.

I have always been an entrepreneur from an early age. I used to be a professional model as a young child but decided to go into business. I started a marketing agency but decided I enjoyed watches better and have been using my marketing skills to launch my luxury watch company.

3. AlEg

AlEg New Member

Hi my name is Al and I have been lurking on this forum for some time now.
    I am an IT Consultant and have been working in this line of business for about 30 years now.

I have always been interested in nice stylefull clothing, but have been hampered with difficult proportions which makes it virtually impossible to find nice RTW clothing with a good fit (esp. shirts and trousers).
    Recently I have made the decision to go bespoke and I have found some very good and supporting articles on the forum.

Cheers

Al Eg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  4. Adamson

Adamson Member

Hello, I am new to the forum, my name is Rob. Thanks a lot for having me here, I hope to learn a lot.

5. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Senior member

ShootThePier checking in. For a year or so I've been lurking and learning the best ways to care for the items in my wardrobe. I need to clean out my closet!

6. RStevenson

RStevenson New Member

Hello everyone, I've lurked on and off over the years but ultimately my obsession over high quality leather goods and denim has led me to you. I have a love of leather boots and I came to take advantage of the Buy & Sell section to find some Oak Street / Truman / Viberg 's if I can...

Also I have a small shop where I hand make leather goods like wallets and card holders etc.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  7. social stiff

social stiff New Member

Hey all!

My name is Kaylin and I work for a Mens Essentials company called W├╝rkin Stiffs :) You may have seen us on Shark Tank a few years back for our invention of the Magnetic Collar Stays- Since then we have expanded our brand into mens accessories with Wallets, Dopp kits and more.

Any whoo... I am on here to find out what you guys like, whats trending and here to give any advice on Mens Fashion from a woman's perspective! Or if you just wanna chat... I am here for that too :)

Check out our site at www.wurkinstiffs.com I would love anyones feed back on our products and website layout

Cheers,
    Kaylin

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  8. mwaltz

mwaltz Member

Hi all,

Morris here.

9. Nostalgia777

Nostalgia777 Member

Good day folks! Newbie here and my name is John from Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Looking forward to learn more stuffs and getting new friends aswell! thanks

10. theoldentimes

theoldentimes Member

Hello SF, I've been lurking forever but now I've signed up to ask questions that have almost certainly been answered in myriad forms many times before, but with good intentions, although I don't see any way I can contribute to the forum especially positively.

nice to meet you all

11. PeterVintage

PeterVintage New Member

Hello Everyone,

Peter here from Abu Dhabi, mostly buy cloth and have local tailors make up vintage style suits. Looking forward to learning from members.

Best regards

Peter

12. crich775

crich775 Member

Hi guys, I'm crich, currently living in Phoenix AZ after leaving the Army earlier this year, currently teaching however heading back to school next fall.

13. Mainswitch

Mainswitch New Member

Morning peeps,

Name is Switch from Botswana in Africa. Basically am on the forum to upgrade ma wardrobe & maself as iv realised it gives confidence in work. What really did it for me was the Crazy, stupid Love movie with Ryan Goslin and his awesome clothes.That prompted me to take action.I hope iv arrived @ e right place.

1 person likes this.
  14. Donnieg8888

Donnieg8888 New Member

Hi, I'm DonnieG. I'm 33 and live in a little country club community amoung the suburbs just outside of Orlando, FL. I have 2 kids that don't listen and a beautiful wife. She doesn't listen either. The older I get the more I seem to care about what I'm wearing. I love hunting down killer deals on really nice designer stuff online. I actually just posted a thread somewhere on here asking for some advice or outfit options. If you don't mind Please chime in and comment.

15. MrRussian

MrRussian Member

Hi gents,I'm from Russia but I live in Spain many yaears.
    I love good life and I hope learn a lot here.
    Thanks

16. MrTRC

MrTRC Senior member

I am me. Long time lurker, occasional reader...sartorial nonentity.

17. elote

elote New Member

Hello all

I'm new to the site and figured i would join in on the conversations. I stumbled in here while searching for proper shoe care. It seems like there is a great deal to learn here.

Thanks,

Elias O.

18. RomanOne

RomanOne Member

Hello everyone. Long time lurker and finally joined up. From the Bay Area. Looking forward to interacting with you all...

19. bremsstrahlung

bremsstrahlung Member

Long time lurker here from Florida. Finally joined because I finally to time to sign up instead of reading all the posts!

20. Pablo81

Pablo81 New Member

Hello to everyone!

I am from Poland and have been following this forum for over 3 years.
    Many thanks to all the posters, that have shared your knowledge!