1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. AltaSartoria

AltaSartoria Member

Hi all,

I just joined this morning. I'm a suit fanatic and have been a fan of Zegna for many years. I love learning about men's style and fashion and look forward to good discussions!

2. krex71

krex71 New Member

Hello from Idaho! I'm Ken, a regular working stiff in love with American workwear; vintage or vintage inspired. 20's thru the early 60's, those eras where the fellas wore decent hats. Hope to learn and participate!

3. SweetAl10

SweetAl10 New Member

My tag is SweetAl10. I am looking forward to learning more about being stylish. This should be fun! I live in North Carolina, I am 59 years old, and I am proud of having a little bit of class.

Thanks,
    SweetAl10

4. slude

slude Active Member

Long time reader, generally associated the vibe here with a little higher level of intensity and budget than I thought I was at, but then I moved to that level... Mostly for shoes and boots at this point.

I'm an emergency physician in Louisiana.

5. briggery16

briggery16 New Member

Hey I'm Briggs, I've been lurking around a little while, but I'm pretty active on the reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice forum.

Decided I should broaden my horizons here. I like denim, leather, workwear, and anything americana/rockabilly/50's right now.

6. tommyhuynh

tommyhuynh New Member

Hello,

I'm Tommy. Live in Southern California. I served 5 years in the Marine Corps and have been lurking on these forums for quite some time. Looking to become active.

While I have a rather decent interchangeable wardrobe... I plan on upgrading and replacing all of it over the next few years with high quality garments.

7. robert123

robert123 New Member

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  8. Andres 13

Andres 13 Active Member

hello my name is Andrew, I'm from Spain
    I speak little English. I want to learn much here.

9. Andres 13

Andres 13 Active Member

10. Andres 13

Andres 13 Active Member

11. tshirtandshorts

tshirtandshorts Member

Hi,

Like my name, I'm a t-shirt and shorts kind of guy most days (lovely SoCal weather permitting), but I do like the dress up when the occasion presents itself. My philosophy when buying anything is buy once, cry once. lol

12. Deyn Man

Deyn Man Member

Hello gents! I'm Dean, 35yrs old, from the Philippines. I have been with Sales for multi national FMCG companies for the past 14yrs. Suits and ties are a rarity where I work in.
    Just recently got influenced by my watch buddies (we're part of a watch forum) to try out Japanese denims. Kinda surpirsed at its price! And luckily the usual brands don't have my size! Hehe!
    However, there's a local manufacturer (who happened to also be part of the same watch club) that "makes" Japanese denims locally. Was able to have one made!
    I stumbled upon this forum when I was searching for boots to match the denims.
    Still a lot to learn (from 1-10, I'd probably rate myself a 3 or 4 when it comes to style). Will most likely lurk and back read the treads here first!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  13. tampix

tampix New Member

Hi, Nicolas, 24, french, 70s boots and watches freak.

Well, i like most 70s items actually. I'm a sucker for english floral shirts too :)

14. believe0101

believe0101 Member

24, Male, New Englander with some Americana that turns into Prep once summer hits. I'm in Texas, but on my way back North soon.

15. Jose985

Jose985 Member

Hi, I am Jose, 29, living in Spain, Barcelona. Just lurking here for awhile. Mostly interested in fashion ideas for a dairy look. Kind of accessories lover - watches and belts![​IMG]

16. ad101145

ad101145 Member

Hi Everyone,

My names Adam. I am a visiting tailor based in London, I have trained as a pattern cutter for 3 years and then decided to go into the visiting tailoring world. 5 years later and I now own one of londons finest visiting tailors.

1 person likes this.
  17. oucho

oucho Member

Hi I'm Alek I'm 23, live in Brighton born in Brussels, I run a clothing line with my mum, some guys from care-tags sent me here <:^)

18. ghost650

ghost650 Member

Hello, I'm Thomas. I live in California and have lurked for a while and finally decided to actually join. I figured I have taken enough from this place that I should introduce myself. So thank you all for that.

19. Ontologist

Ontologist New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a 28-year-old Ph.D. student in New England. I've been reading up for only a few months and in the process of discovering my style and improving my wardrobe. I'm getting married in September and it was thinking about suits and reading up on all the options in that department that got me interested in improving my fashion more generally.

I typically wear casual button-downs (e.g., plaid) that are too wrinkled, jeans that are too baggy, and boots with uninentionally distressed leather. But I've realized [some of] my mistakes and am trying to improve. I've been teaching a lot recently which gives me an opportunity to dress up without looking overdressed. I've started to wear blazers and chinos occasionally, which is adventurous for me.

I'm also a big guy, at 5'11" 215 lbs. I had a weightlifiting hobby for a while, felt damn good at 185 before getting a hip injury and quickly gaining 40 lbs. I'm hoping I can hit 185 or at least come close for my wedding, already lost 10 lbs. since a month ago. But I still can't do all the lifts in my old routine which is a challenge. Anyways, I think a lot of my typical clothes choices are not very flattering for my body type. I have a lot to learn!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  20. bkhaberdash

bkhaberdash New Member

Hi my name is Mitch
    I'm middle aged with all my hard cash going to denim and boots most of the time :).