• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyRecordsAreOld

Reaction score
Greetings- My Records Are Old is not my name. I have been into men's fashion seriously since 1990. I began with professional attire (was an elementary principal) with the Tommy dress line then moved to Ralph Lauren. My casual became Polo shirts, sweatshirts, etc. For 2 decades my shirts were all garnishing a Pony. I wore various jeans with Levi no longer in the mix. My ties were 75% Jerry Garcia , 25% Polo. Button down cotton dress shirts only unless with a suit. I have 100+ ties I will never wear again

2012 I lost 100+ pounds after a heart attack . I am selling all my clothes that are too large on eBay. I went vintage only wear Levi LVC /selvage jeans. No other brand. Vintage Chinos. Shoes are 60's lace workbooks and Ugg Leighton boots. I wear lots of colored Polo Veto sneakers. I do not wear clothes with label on the chest or pants except red or orange tags on Levi's and Polo on my Veto's. I no longer wear a belt unless wear dress slacks.

2013 I cut my shoulder length hair (often in a pony tail @ work) on my birthday. I had had long hair since 1996. I now have a 30's Gent style and a matching beard. I am selling all of my brand name clothing with logos regardless of size. (I went from 38-40 W to 33-34 XXL- L/M) I am buying shirts from vintage and thrift stores as well as eBay. The years range from 1940-1960. I have had tattoos on my shoulders for 18 years in a way the would be covered by a elbow length shirt, although I never wore short sleeved dress shirts.Now I have one sleeve that stops at the wrist and will begin the other this year.(black and grey, no color).

Glad to be here-My Records Are Old

oztadpole

Reaction score
Hi, from Sydney, Australia. Been finding the information here very useful.

rod,

PontiacPilate

Reaction score
I'm a long time lurker. I lost a ton of weight over the past year, suddenly decided to care about what I wear and how I dress. There's lots of great info here, with a great community. I decided I should start contributing some here.

Cheers.

Kylerton

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm Kylerton. I am one of the co-founders of Kipper Clothiers -- we make custom suits and shirts in San Francisco.

I joined Style Forum because I've been meaning to for awhile now and I would love to join the meetups when they happen. Before starting my own custom clothier, I was a stylist for J.Crew and a production merchandiser for Everlane. I can answer most questions when it comes to style/fashion and would love to help if anyone has any questions (or wants a custom suit or shirt!).

alltoowell123

Reaction score
Name is Lee. Won't post often but I am glad styleforum is around as I do appreciate men's fashion. Cheers everyone.

sigmund79

Reaction score
Howdy - New to the forum, look like a cool place to find some cool stuff.

Raw Denim and Red Wings - Let's Go!

Brilyent

Reaction score
Hey guys, we're happy to be a part of the community.

Here's our latest lookbook video, to get a better understanding of us.

vimeo_logo.png

Much more at www.brilyent.com

Feedback is always welcome!

ElliotRyys

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm elliot, 26, just joined you guys and am really glad to be here. have been searching for a place like this for a long time and am looking forward to new input!

cheers

Choco

Reaction score
Hello hello,

In my early twenties, almost done with college and ready to take on the world... in style ofcourse.

Registered quite some time ago, been lurking every once in a while for some inspiration..
Suddenly got myself all wrapped up into this style thing, swarming the internet for those gem pieces!
My taste has since switched from streetwear to the more refined/contemporary brands.
It's time to contribute, so keep an eye on my listings ;)

poptcom

Reaction score
Long-time SF lurker getting more active because of the professional call of duty which is just dandy because it's been my go-to style community for a long-time anyway.

Based in the other SF and in my mid 30's.

Scartoes

Reaction score
My name is Scartoes,

I like my nickname, it's kind of ironic. I love style and you don't know how to dress, I love to make fun of people who take things too far. I love simple, elegant and beautiful clothing on beautiful people. One day I hope to be a designer and make what you want to wear but can't afford. I'm a really down to earth guy, love to hike, cook and good friends.

Smoke Meth, Hail Satan.

Scartoes

styleandi

Reaction score
Sal Capitelli here. NJ born and raised, NYC invested and fed. I work in the finance and it has given me the opportunity to spend money on my addictions (men's clothing)

I love timeless and classic elegance but with a modern fit. I have purchased from over 15 different custom shops so if anyone needs advice on where to go feel free to message me.

Best,
Sal

spyder1107

Reaction score
I'm Jim, 41, m, Chicago, single (I like girls too much to be tied to only one - and I don't care how great she is, you're gonna get sick of her)

Fashion is SUPER ULTRA MEGA important if you like picking up chicks - they notice your shoes, believe me, NEVER cheat on the shoes. ...or the sunglasses for that matter, they're on your FACE!! I just picked up a pair of Chad 2's from Selima Optique, the same ones Ryan Gosling wore in Crazy Stupid Love. I haven't yet decided if they fit my melon head or not so I may wish to dump them if anyone's interested. Look them up, tortise shell wayfarer frame with gradient lenses - super bad, $385 USD retail if you can find them.

I put effort in to having no digital footprint - I don't have a faceplant or tweeter or instantgram accounts, I just don't consider myself that important and I don't need cyber friends. I'll never speak like an idiot by using phrases like 'hit me up' - your grammar is just as, if not more, important than your clothing. ...as is your posture. If you're going to put effort in building a respectable wardrobe, you should pay equal attention to your grammar and posture, trust me on this. The word is 'eSpecially' not 'eXspecially'; it's 'esspresso' not 'eXpresso', it's a 'piCture' not a 'piTcher' when referring to a photograph. Also, KNOW womens' clothing, especially shoes - if you comment on a woman's shoes and KNOW what they are, you're in, they WANT you to notice.

Remember, details ARE important, together all the small details make you who you are. Never jump on a trend wagon, wear things to your taste, also - have taste. NEVER wear those goofy shoes that curl up to a point like elf shoes - WHY DO THOSE SHOES EVEN EXIST?! WHO'S BUYING THEM?!

I just started a 'pintrest' board to help educate people, my board is under 'spyder' if you'd care to see some of my favorite things.

billionmillion

Reaction score
Hey you all, really excited to be here so i can buy some clothes, sell, and get to meet some new people into clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics