1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BillyBee

BillyBee Member

Bonjour mon ami! Je suis d'accord. Je ai vecu en France.

Great country. Beautiful women. Fantastic style.

:)

2. dbbradle

dbbradle Well-Known Member

Canadian expat living in NYC. It's much easier to find CM clothes (among many other things) here than back home in prairie land. Big fan of all the affiliate vendors here -- most recently picked up my first pair of EG shoes from Skoaktiebolaget. Welcome, all!

3. goateez

goateez New Member

Hey I'm James...live in the UK, work as a teacher, 38, married no children (yet). Found this forum from the subreddit malefashionadvice.

I've been interested in clothes/ looks for a while now and I love to experiment: Uniqlo is my staple along with weird t-shirts and accessories.

I'm here to learn...and contribute if appropriate.

Thanks.

4. sashany

sashany New Member

Hi Im Sasha. I love mens quality clothing. I hope to learn more about quality from this forum :) thank you

5. JDL85PDX

JDL85PDX New Member

Hi everyone. My name is Jonathan, and I am an assistant manager for a men's consignment store in Portland, Ore. I do my best with what little resources I have to dress well, and I hope to impart that knowledge onto others with a style consulting business I hope to startup sometime this year.

I used to work for Mario's here, so through that I managed to get my hands on some very nice items, like a pair of Lanvin lo-top sneakers, and a pair of black Prada jeans.

My overall style can probably best be summed up as business casual, with an emphasis on casual. I almost never not wear jeans.

6. jhawk

jhawk New Member

Hi guys, I'm Josh. I'm pretty un-stylish (dark jeans and a Polo is usually my go-to look), but I've decided I need to start dressing like a grown man. This seems like a good place to start, so hopefully I can get some good advice here.

7. subartender

subartender Member

Hi, I am Matthew. Have been looking around this forum for a while. Finally decide to sign up few days ago. You want to ask me why I signed up? The forums seems to have knowledgeable people so I think it is a good place to ask questions. Classifieds looks good too.

8. Ode4Minerva

Ode4Minerva Member

I'm Ode from the US Middle West. I join SF to spend wiser, not necessarily cheaper. Wished I learned this distinction earlier; I would have spent far less on my wardrobe.

9. ehreiyc

ehreiyc New Member

Hello, I joined the site on a whim. Not a bot lol. My current thing is wearing classic formal-ish silhouettes with a twist(ahem EG lol) mixed in with vintage luxury pieces with big patterns! Nice to be here.

10. 124816

124816 New Member

Finally made an account after reading SF for months, as I had to thumbs-up this post. Really appreciate the community here: tons of knowledge, interesting discussion, friendly & respectful bunch.

11. Mr Boff

Mr Boff Active Member

Hi. Long time lurker here. I'm Ricardo, my friends call me tavo or everlong. My father is from Argentina and my mother from USA. I run a small company and have to travel a lot between USA, Argentina and central/south America (Sometimes Europe too). For a couple of year i've been living in Mexico (in the city of Reynosa, Tamaulipas just in the border with McAllen, Texas). This particular location helps me to travel very fast between Mexico and USA. I love clothing, and spend quite a lot of money actually. My favourite brands are Givenchy, Balenciaga, Dior Homme, YSL, Maison Martin Margiela and a couple of obscure brands like Ann Demeulemeester, Label Under Construction and Damir Doma. I speak spanish, english, and a bit of french and german. Love cinema and good books.

12. rikta1979

rikta1979 New Member

hi i am Tarik from France .

13. Sylph

Sylph Member

Hi, I am Socially Awkward Penguin, but I like to be called Sylph. I love fine clothing and am here trying to educate myself about what is hip (sometimes to avoid it), I feel I have arrived at a very interesting place. Most people here look marvelous and the interaction is very entertaining. Hip for me is practical and aesthetic, similar but not the same, adapted to one's individuality, tells a story to those paying attention. I have been thrifting pretty much all my life, just tack "vintage" on all my looks. I do appreciate constructive criticism.
    I am a happily married woman who has been shopping both sides of the clothing departments since somebody in a big box store women's section tried to sell me some inferior jeans with fake pockets, crappy stitching and thin denim for more money than the thick-denim roomy-pocket jeans on the men's side. Now that I am older, men's jackets are good for hiding my multipara gut and sad Hank Hill ass yet play up my femininity. I have learned a great deal of things here that I never knew before about classic modes of dress (been nostalgic, worked at a bank in my youth, and dress was very much a nonverbal language) as well as what's being experimented with. Shine on, Style leaders, I salute you!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  14. joepa150

joepa150 New Member

Hello everyone! I was looking for new shoe opinions and found this wonderful website. I am not the most stylish guy but am learning a lot already. I just wanted to say hi and hopefully I will converse with everyone in the future.

THX
    Joepa150

15. MonacoDK

MonacoDK New Member

David here. I live in Scottsdale, AZ but spend a lot of time in SoCal for work (finance). Looking forward to being an active member on this site.

16. Azzuraa

Azzuraa Senior member

Hello Everyone,

Firstly we would take this opportunity to thank all the members of the Styleforum community, for we have learnt a lot from you all. All your discussions in different threads on different topics are so vast that it helps people like us who are have a lot to learn, as we believe that learning is an unending process.

Now we would like to introduce ourselves, we are Team Azzuraa- an online manufacturer of bespoke leather goods. The whole idea behind the birth of Azzuraa was a simple fact that there are ‘n’ number of shoes and bags available in the market but it is very difficult to find one that meets all our expectations. The only solution to such unsatisfied needs is a custom made product that fulfills all our desires.

One can select from our wide range of products and customize them as per their requirement or even better if you have a design just share it with us and have it personally custom made for you. Azzuraa can and will do anything that the customer requests, there are no fixed parameters and a unique product is created for every customer.

We believe in providing you with nothing but the best. So to create the best product, the raw materials that we use are world class. They are at par with the materials used by the top luxury manufacturers around the world. Our goal is to produce a very fine article. Our craftsmen have decades of experience. We use a blend of both traditional as well as modern production techniques.

We cut the pattern for each individual bag by hand as per the specifications. The leather is cut by hand and sent for stitching and finishing. We use only full grain 100% vegetable tanned Italian leather from Montana, Italy and Bridle leather from Thomasware, UK. The zippers are premium brass YKK zippers and the thread is from the Mara range of Gütermann, Germany. The lining is 100% cotton twill in a variety of color options. Also only solid brass hardware in antique finish goes into making of the bag. No artificial material like leather board, PP sheets etc is used. We assure you that all our bags will last for lifetime.

Bespoke shoes offer you an opportunity to create a shoe uniquely for yourself. The ideal fit is achieved through iterations. A bespoke shoe is built on a last that has been created from scratch for a customer. Once the bespoke last is created, you would receive a prototype shoe in canvas and leather soles for your feedback. Based on your feedback, alterations if any would be made on your bespoke last. Finally your shoe is brought to life. The pattern for your shoe is drawn and cut by hand by an expert pattern maker. Based on the pattern the upper is made. The insole, welt and the upper are then hand stitched. The sole is hand welted and hand lasted. Also the finishing is done by hand. For upper we use full grain 100% vegetable tanned Italian leather from Montana, Italy. The lining is 100% vegetable tanned Kid skin lining. The sole, insole, welt, heel and other minute fine points are oak tanned from Thomasware, UK.

Please give us an opportunity to serve you. Visit us at www.azzuraa.com. We are open to your suggestions as well. In case of any queries, please leave us a mail at mail@azzuraa.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you
    Team Azzuraa

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  17. Agresvig

Agresvig Member

Hi all

I only just joined the forums, but I've been lurking around here for years and gained incredible amounts of knowledge related to clothing and fashion here, so thank you so much to all for this fantastic community!

I'm a fan of PT (pantalone torino) trousers, Meermin shoes (especially their double monkstraps), and Eton shirts to name a few. I try to dress smart but always have an edge, perhaps too much sometimes.

Looking forward to learning plenty more here on the forums.

18. valerex64

valerex64 Member

hi;

My name is Valere. i have 24 years old. i'm french. I discover this form when i search on google "stone island forum".. i read some thread about your site and i have decided to subscrib.
    In real life i'm a teacher of geography. So my english is "poor", but i can understand (read, and maybe traduce some words (if i can't understand)..

Thanks

19. Grantarp

Grantarp New Member

hi my name is Grant, I'm a young working professional in Toronto. Looks like a good forum, I hope to make some contributions here and learn as well.

- Grant

20. Ivan-MX

Ivan-MX New Member

Hello everyone,
    My name is Ivan, I'm a vitreoretinal surgeon in my early forties. I live and work in a small city in northwest of Mexico very close to the U.S. border with San Diego.
    I look forward to learning from this forum.