• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alex68

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a professor in the Philadelphia region and I'm interested in upgrading my wardrobe. Haven't bought suits in quite a while, and never have gotten suits or jackets tailored properly. I'm not into the really conservative business look nor the super-young, super-tapered, "style forward" kind of thing. Just some classic looks that will still be a bit youthful and fun. I've enjoyed reading the forum so far and look forward to more of it.

grassyknoll

Reaction score
My name is Jack and I am from Boston, MA. I enjoy style and talking with people about new stuff. I hope to learn a lot here as well as offer up my modest two cents.

I enjoy casual chic style and am always looking for new things to wear with jeans. I enjoy shoes... perhaps more than my girlfriend.

I work in marketing for a startup footwear company. Chat with you on the boards...

Last edited:

Kragen

Reaction score
I've been taking Continuing Education sewing and tailoring classes at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York. Although a woman, I find Menswear very satisfying to study and hope to apply what I've learned to the clothes I make for myself. This forum seems likes a good place to learn more about the history, vocabulary, and standards of Menswear.

Last edited:

waldo1982

Reaction score
hey, waldo1982 here, have been a member of a different clothing forum for a number of years but want to move away from those brands and style

have recently fallen in love with the workwear style and the mountaineering/outdoor rugged style so really looking forward to discovering the likes of post o'alls, EG, battenwear, filson, 8.15 etc etc

looking forward to getting into the spirit of things around here

cheers

KrispStyle

Reaction score
Hey all, I am greatful to be part of a group of classy men. :) It's always my goal to impress the ladies at the office and details are key :)

doncastro

Reaction score
Hi I'm doncastro from Ireland. I am a new student of what's fashionable and luckily for me I came across this forum before pulling the trigger on looking back what would have been some horrendous purchases. Instead, I have just bought my first suit from suitsupply, and look forward to soaking in more nuggets of fashion information and hopefully one day supplying some of my own!

Leviathan

Reaction score
Hello all I am Leviathan (do not judge my religion by this name please :D ).
I am 21 years old and generally I though I have no style some time ago, but watching more at what is popular to youth now I understand I am huge hipster if we just look at clothing.
For me it is hard to find anything I like only way seems to go to vintage stores and buy clothes there .

I generally wear black outfit what may be or may not be matched at all, mostly because I like to army(camouflage) clothes too and black with camouflage not always go together.

So in one sentence : clothing hipster here .

ML594806

Reaction score
I've been reading the forum for quite some time now, but never felt the urge to post anything as I've only recently started caring for my wardrobe. It all started off with a promotion to the central office of my company. It soon became apparent that shorts and flip flops simply weren't appropriate. So I started doing some research on how to start a formal wardrobe and that led me to SF. I've since bough a couple of bespoke suits (through an offer at Barcelona´s Señor, in Passeig de Gracia) made of Loro Piana and Vitale Barberis fabrics. Sets of plain shirts from TM Lewin, Brooks Brothers, and Eton (with a 2x1 offer when they opened their online UK store). Three pairs of shoes, started off with a pair of tan Loakes to try my hand at polishing, and have since bough two Church´s (both black and burgundy oxford toe caps, bought at Bicester Village) and a pair of Carmina´s monks at their Bilbao store (no discounts on this one).

I bought a couple of v neck merino wool jumpers and dodgy high street cashmere cardigans (on TK MAX, terrible quality) to cover the gap until this sales and have now bought three Johnstons of Elgin cashmere jumpers (£160 for 2ply and £165 for 3ply). A couple of cashmere scarfs on neutral colors. And two complementary watches (a second hand Breitling Aerospace, and a silver Tissot Visodate).

In total I've spent in renovating my wardrobe just shy of £3,000. Which is I think a pretty good deal overall considering that the general quality of the clothes and accessories is very good, and the Carmina's alone make up for over 10% of the budget.

I hope to keep learning from the forum and hopefully (once I get my new mobile phone), sharing some pictures of my beloved new clothes. It's amazing to look back 6 months and realise how much I've changed. So much so that I think my wife is convinced I'm having an affaire...
colgate.gif

Last edited:

Ryan Markham

Reaction score
Greetings stylish gents! I've been a long time reader on the forum but decided to sign up after I started a menswear blog. I recently moved from Seattle to Saigon and missed my wardrobe so much I thought a blog would be the only way to quench my thirst for the lack of wearing a blazer on a daily basis. No sweaters or thick flannel trousers for me anymore -- well at least not until I move back in a year or so. I'd describe my style as paisleys, plaids, pinstripes and polka dots.

I'm looking forward to interacting more on the site and getting to know some of the members. I discovered Sam Hober ties on Styleforum and recently ordered one. Once I get it I'll post a pic to that thread. If you wish to check out my blog you can find it at http://postandmodern.com.

P.S. If anyone on here is currently living in Saigon and would like to grab a beer send me a private message.

harmsalmon

Reaction score
a message told me to introduce myself on here, so here I am. I'm Sam. I decided to finally make an account on styleforum after lurking around for a few months; other than that, I've been a part of the /r/mfa community for almost two years now.

I'm a high school student, I like clothes (as you probably were able to figure out) and theatre a lot. I don't watch many movies (still like em) but I listen to a ton of music.

that's about all. I'm looking forward to participating in another fashion-interested community!

Last edited:

Gaylord

Reaction score
Im Gay
Im a student
I dont have much money
i have 3 shoes 1 loafer for school 1 for running and 1 docksider
i am 5'4"
i have a few shirts
i have 1 denim trousers and 4 slacks for school
I am here to learn about clothes
and i have a dog named loki

bkdoty

Reaction score
Hi there! My name is Brandon, and I am new to the forum. Came here trying to find information about an item I saw a celebrity wearing online, but I am very interested in the forum! I am newly thin and able to enjoy the fashion I have always had to watch from a distance after weight loss surgery and a total loss of 172 pounds! Nice to meet everyone!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads