1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Yoba

Yoba New Member

Hello,

Yoba, a French guy fresh off the boat, I arrived in Chicago last month. I thought I would get a life by stopping posting on French sartorial websites but it seems that American ones are pretty active. Too bad.

2. ktbishop222

ktbishop222 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Kyle, and I'm from Norman, OK. I'm currently living in Oklahoma City while attending the University of Oklahoma. I'm here to learn more about suiting while I work on building a better wardrobe. I'm currently looking for a good tailor in the OKC Metro area, but most of the places I've come across are into the traditional, boxy suits and such. If anyone knows of a good, modern tailor here in the area, please PM me!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  3. TheFluffer

TheFluffer Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

My name's Daniel and I'm from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Just got into dressing well and sharp so I would really love to hear from everyone!

and loving the forum that's why i could not lurk anymore :)

Thanks and cheers.

4. bbgg

bbgg Member

Hi everyone. I've been an avid lurker for years. Finally made an account today. Looking forward to learning from everyone.

5. e3super

e3super New Member

Hello all,
    My name is Ethan. I'm from Alabama, and I'm currently a student. I've recently developed a taste for style, particularly raw denim. I'm a big fan of film, food, computers, tea, and, of course, clothing. I'm completely new to the forum, but I've heard lots of good things from the guys over at /r/rawdenim and mfa. I'm excited to be here!

6. afd custom

afd custom New Member

Hello to all in the style forum,
    I'm a new business owner of A.F.D. custom clothiers (Attention For Details) specializing in mtm
    I've joined this forum in the hopes to absorb and gain knowledge from those in the business and those that patronize businesses like mine.

7. Kurrentaffair

Kurrentaffair New Member

Hello. My name is Leigh. I live on the east coast and worked in a couple of positions that required suits on a daily basis. However, when I am free to wear what I choose then its usually cowboy boots and jeans. Now I that I started my own business I don't have to dress up so often which makes when I do that much more enjoyable again. I am joining to take my suit and formal wear game up to the next level.

Cheers,

8. babyVicuna

babyVicuna Member

I am a doctor who after a car accident 5 years ago took up graphic design work and wood sculpture. This lead my to designing clothes and then trying to acquire nice clothes.
    I mainly purchase from ebay so no all the good and bad sellers if anyone wants advice. I will write a synopsis for new obeyers one day when i have some time. I mainly like brands
    Kiton, Borrelli, Brioni, Tom Ford, Brunello Cucinelli, Gucci, Jacob Cohen, Isaia, John Lobbs, Vass, Prada... and the list goes on. Yes they are expensive, but is is amazing what one can obtain on ebay with a bit of research and patience. I now find it difficult paying full retail in Sydney now i am working as a doc again, knowing that i can get it for a 3rd to the price on ebay.

Cheers

BV

9. donkeyhoatie

donkeyhoatie Senior member

I'm Donkey. I've been lurking here for a couple of months. Mostly interested in the AE Appreciation thread and the Thrift Purchase bragging one. I wear clothes from time to time and figured I should try to look better when I do.

10. Kleinfeld

Kleinfeld Active Member

Hello, my name is Marck, I am from Chicago. I am very happy to join this forum and I hope to learn a lot from you guys.

Best regards.

11. ls14

ls14 New Member

Hello all,

Starting a new job soon which is a bit more customer facing than my previous experience, so I've been trying to up my game as far as my smart/casual style is concerned.
    [​IMG]

Think I've come to the right place.

12. DelegateZero

DelegateZero Member

Hey,

I'm from the land of Allen Edmonds where I toil in an office. I've read PTO over the years, but the realization that I needed to update/upgrade my wardrobe has led me here (and to reading the backpages of the thrift finds thread, which is fascinating.)

13. Humunculus

Humunculus New Member

Hello everyone,
    I'm Austin, from Hawaii but currently doing my undergrad in California. Only recently becoming very obsessed with style and how I dress myself, both for the need of self improvement, and needing a better wardrobe for when I start my graduate life in Dental school (fingers crossed).
    Thanks for having me!

14. Ramonzz

Ramonzz Member

Hey i'm Ramon
    17 years old, from Germany & i joined the forum today. I love fashion & food :)

15. idontgrillonwed

idontgrillonwed Member

Howdy,

My name is Kenny. I am a first year teacher straight out of graduate school, so I am going to build a wardrobe from scratch. Thanks in advance for any help I receive.

16. Auxillaryman

Auxillaryman Member

Hey y'all. I'm Auxillaryman. I am not much of a fashion guy, but I do like good quality product, and dislike T-Shirts. All shirts should have collars and be tucked in. All pants should have a belt and cover you undergarments.

I live in the middle of nowhere so all my shopping is done online, so it is nice to join these forums to see what others like / dislike.

FOK, I think I would love to live in Idaho, got room for one more...and a jeep?

1 person likes this.
  17. seestheday

seestheday New Member

Hi Everyone,

I'm Simon. I'm 36, living in Waterloo Ontario, Canada.

I run an analytics team at a large corporation, and am trying to up my style game to help me with my career.

My work is business casual and I'm trying to stand out. I'm also currently interested in suits because the last suit I bought OTR doesn't fit me anymore (weight loss) and I am interested in changing jobs so I'll need something for interviews.

18. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

Hey everyone,

I'm Andrew. I'm 23, about to graduate college in December. The username comes from my college (separate the words and look them up).

I'm a software engineer, so my workplace will likely be extremely business casual, leaning more towards casual. I want to stand out from my peers subtly, with good fit and the like. I rarely wear jackets or ties, but long-term would like to work jackets into my daily rotation. First, however, I'm focused on upgrading my current wardrobe and really nailing down the things I can always wear.

I enjoy your typical OCBD and chinos look. So far my favorite OCBDs have come from Brooks Brothers and Taylor Stitch, although J Crew's have a good fit for my body (in their regular, non-slim fit).

Going forward I'd love to upgrade all my staples, acquire some diversity in them, and get a few "grail" shoes like Aldens

I'm here for general advice, comments, and to learn!

19. Uli Kunkel

Uli Kunkel Well-Known Member

I'm a 26yo self employed man interested in learning about style in any regard. I do not follow fashion or have interest in trends, but I deeply respect craftsmanship and take interest in aesthetics and artistry. For me the clothing I choose to wear is based upon comfort, practicality, and self expression in general.

I'm here to casually read and learn. I live a very casual lifestyle but I enjoy some flash.

For me a day to day outfit in FL is a pair of soft high quality jeans or bermuda shorts, a giorgio armani t-shirt, and whatever shoes fit the moment. At my home in Boston, a wool pullover sweater and a blazer or my baby cashmere sweater jacket keeps me happy and warm.

I love AG jeans for the relaxed fit and also enjoy some higher end pants for their fitted look and exceptional style.

I'm currently researching upgrading my jean collection, which is very challenging because I have huge legs for my waist and most of the Italian designers I have tried are slim-fit or heavy denim. I'm sure I will find what I am looking for

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Jeep owner? You're amongst friends.