1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Count of Lais

Count of Lais New Member

--Redacted for inappropriate content. Clearly I had less to contribute, or to interest you in me, than I thought I did. I'll keep personal info on the down low next time - just simple questions about timeless style and etiquette, I swear! [​IMG]--

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  2. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Nice. I've got a former friend who's a professional student.

Maybe you could try to get a job or something. Not just suck on the teat of other people.

Also people who wear white ties not at Diplomatic dinners are the waiters. Here's your sign, asshole.

3. Count of Lais

Count of Lais New Member

I've apparently ruffled some feathers. Unintentionally. In retrospect, you're right, my enthusiasm for white tie was wholly inappropriate for this forum on daily wear. Expressing it only showed a disturbing lack of stylistic tact and understanding. And yes, I knew that only diplomats/celebrities, else waiters, wear white tie. Makes my fault all the worse.

My handle's too pretentious, I see that now. I'll get that changed to something mundane and fitting. As to being a student - I meant a student of life. Merely that I keep a habit of learning wherever I go, whatever work (engineering, software, etc.) I do. Not a professional student - gods that would be a terrifying prospect.

I'll shut up and keep lurking. I've clearly got to learn - been far too personal and you don't care for that. Next time, just tell me straight up what I'm doing wrong, instead of shooing me away without explanation. I'm a nutter for self-correction.

Thanks, -namelessly handled

4. rawjets

rawjets New Member

raw denim...too many choices.

5. Seamless

Seamless Senior member

Hello!

I'm Ethan. I'm now 24 and work in the image industry. I'm looking forward to making many new friends and making memories. Cheers.

6. nyguy2014

nyguy2014 New Member

Hi i go by Albert.been lurking around for awhile and decided to finally join.Hope to learn new things here and probably meet some cool peeps.take care

7. snazzykenzo

snazzykenzo New Member

Hey all,
    My name is Mike and I'm a 25 y.o. from Philly who recently started a job with a strict suit and tie dress code. I'm basically building a new wardrobe from scratch and this site has already helped me choose some basics on a limited budget. Looking forward to learning more from you guys.

8. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

Hello all!

I'm 16, live in Denmark, and wish I had more money.

9. Harold falcon

How much money do you need? We are a generous lot here.

10. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

Enough to buy nice clothes. So a lot...

11. 901stevez

901stevez New Member

Hi. I'm 33, married, father of two. I am most comfortable in a pair of gym shorts. I have tons of clothes, yet never enough, and I hate wearing all of them. And I love beer. And grilling. Cheers!

12. TheAbyan

TheAbyan New Member

Hi !
    im 17, getting interested in shoe few days ago as i bought my first dress shoes (which turns out i bought a shit product)
    currently planning to start investing in shoe from now on
    also planning to invest in fashion as soon as i succeed my diet [​IMG]

13. Harold falcon

So ten or twelve dollars?

14. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

I could do with three fiddy

1 person likes this.
  15. 901stevez

901stevez New Member

Uh oh, it's that dang Loch Ness Monster again. He keeps askin for tree fiddy. You didn't give him anything, did you?

16. fumananim

fumananim New Member

Im mike from south africa im starting my new store fo cloth

17. EastWesterner

EastWesterner Member

Hello fellas, I'm a kinda young-ish dude from a small Eastern European country, a country where the sense of style is as present as a blooming economy. Trainers and badly patterned shirts are something you are exposed to daily so this forum and exclusively , including some other websites should keep me away from esthetic suicide.

I hope I have a nice time here you look like nice guys.

18. MlleB

MlleB New Member

Hello there boys,

It appears I’m the only girl here? Looking forward to sharing my interest in menswear in the forum. Always been a big fan of menswear as opposed to the ridiculous frou frou and passing fads often found in women's fashion.

I love everything about menswear and accessories. The quality, durability, fine craftsmanship, and understated elegance of timeless male fashion are features not often found in women’s fashion, although I would never say no to a hot little dress. In fact, my favorite hobby is to take inspirational cues from men’s fashion and translate it into wearable looks that work on me as a woman.

My collection of growing menswear consists of wingtips and cap toes, silk pocket squares, and fringed silk scarves (always English, always Tootal). Recent splurges include vegetable tanned leather luggage from Tuscany and a rosewood handle Brigg umbrella. All of which I shall be taking with me to Oxford for my graduate studies.

By the way I’m Californian by birth but Thai by blood, going to England by choice.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  19. Stacheoneil

Stacheoneil New Member

Hello Everybody, I'm Neil aka Handy aka Stache O'Neil. I'm just a dude. I wear Chuck's on my feet all year round. I shaved my head and grew a handlebar mustache to balance it out. I still wear a watch which is probably not uncommon here. I'm two sides of a coin. I work two jobs, I love to exercise, I go to church, I love animals and being close to family. I also like comics, craft beer, good smoke, bad movies, punk, rockabilly, and psychobilly music. I like to try new things. I'm always up for a challenge. I'm not afraid to fail.

I came here because I can't find jeans that fit. This is probably for another section in which I will repeat most of this but I'm on a roll right now. I usually wear jeans and t-shirts and that's not likely to change but I always feel I'm gonna hulk out the thighs of my pants. I generally wear a 34 waist and I have like a 27" thigh, maybe larger. I'll take some measurements this week and update later.

20. owenbee

owenbee Member

Hi all I'm Owen. Recent Stanford grad, became an apparel nut towards the end of school. I actually made the shirt I am wearing in my profile pic myself.

I usually dress casually but try to keep it classy - I love printed shirts on top, jeans or cords on bottom, and drivers or loafers for my feet. Tod's and Alden's are my faves for shoes. Cheers guys.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014