• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hsraffety

Reaction score
New member here, came here from Reddit's MFA and SA's male fashion thread. I've been on a journey of weight loss for about 3 years now, started at 405 and down to 255, so I can wear some decent clothes now, especially now that I'm down to XL shirts and 40 slacks/pants in general. Just trying to look better and feel more confident about myself. Thanks

jtwilcox

Reaction score
Hi everybody. Another new guy here. I'm a 28 year old freelance graphic designer and illustrator in the Detroit area. Since I work from home, I don't often need to worry about how I dress. But I am interested in classic menswear and slowly building a wardrobe of quality pieces, for when I do need/want to dress thoughtfully. I originally found Styleforum because of the thrift/discount bragging thread and have been keeping an eye on all of that stuff.

anyjay

Reaction score
No-One has introduced themselves since 2011? We'll I'm Anyjay and I'm new to style!

Dobwin

Reaction score
Hey SF. I've been lurking around here for a while now. I've really active over on Reddit's /r/malefashionadvice for a year or two now. As of late however, I've been feeling really bored with their style have come over here for some fresh perspective. I don't know if it's the summer look or what, but I will kill someone if I have to see 18 commenters talk about how great and creative a blue OCBD and chino shorts with boat shoes looks.

I've been at this fashion game for about 3 years now, and oh wow did I start out bad. I started with terrible button-ups over oversized graphic tees like most, then decided that SUITS ALL DAY EVERYDAY was how to dress better (I was a freshman in college -,- ). Also, no, they did not fit. I got seriously into fashion about a year ago when my girlfriend broke up with me and I decided to improve my appearance.

Nowadays, I don't really know what I would label my style as. It's kinda a prep/biz casual/slight streetwear... thing.

As for my work I run a web marketing company in northern VT, though I'm looking to move us to Boston within a year or two. Very limited market up here.

Last edited:

elflord1973

Reaction score
Hi. After lurking for a while, I decided to create an account here.

I recently turned 40 and decided that I want to dress like a grown up. No more suit jackets masquerading as blazers. No more ill fitting shirts or pants. So I'm reading and learning. My hobby in the immediate future will be in picking up some more shirts online. I've already bought several from cottonwork (was quite happy with the experience overall), am also looking to try something from mytailor.com.

BigBayesian

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new, though I've searched the forums for information from time to time. I'm a vision and computer scientist by training and trade. I also work from home, and live in the Hudson Valley, meaning that any sartorial limits I obey beyond obscenity laws are solely by choice. I noticed a few months ago that despite having graduated a few years ago, I was still dressing like a computer science graduate student who works from home. I decided to fix this problem, and as with many commonplace problems, I felt the best place to turn for advice was a network of obsessed amateurs (Pros tend to have agendas. Amateurs enjoy the study, and put low value on their time, so are more likely to want to be helpful, and as long as my questions are basic enough, likely to be able to meet my needs). I view shopping as a kind of optimization exercise, so I've spent a little time n Dappered Threads, a more thrifty fashion forum.

Anyhow, I'm most interested in classic style. I have good intuition about space, color and light, but an atrophied aesthetic sense I'm trying to rebuild / rescue.

surfempty

Reaction score
I'm Dan. Married psychotherapist, father of 3 cheeky monkeys. Joined to buy stuff.

Joker007

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm
-Chris
-39 years old
-married without kids
-wear Denims 24/7
-and come from Germany.

Started my apprenticeship at a shirt company and since then been a little bit addicted to men's woven shirts in particular and cloths in general and love leather, so another passion besides shirts are shoes & leather jackets.

Hope to enjoy each visit here.

Regards,

Chris

joshbrodiee

Reaction score
Hey, I'm josh, I'm 21 live in the UK and am a custom shirt hobbyist haha
smile.gif

I love this forum for inspiration and thought I'd finally join, all my customs are on my instagram - joshbrodiee
I'd love to follow anyone who is into the same thing, share ideas etc.

Thanks​

joeadams sa

Reaction score
I'm Joe. I have been working in the clothing industry for over 20 years. I spent the beginning of my career working as buyer for a major department store in new England, and now own my own business. I have unique knowledge of mens fashion and where to find the best quality for the lowest prices.

dynamite9500

Reaction score
Hey,

Name's Daniel, I'm 24. Just recently started paying attention to what I was wearing,

The marketplace brought me here, but I'm planning to stay and be a part of your vibrant community!

mamo_sf

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been lurking the threads for quite some time now in order to study up before I actually start putting serious money into my wardrobe. I've read up a lot on Put This On, Squalor to Baller, The Silentist, Die, Workwear!, etc. I have recently found myself becoming quite interested in classic conservative style but with more contemporary (but not sausage casing) fits. Created an account to lurk the marketplace more for some deals as well as learn how to properly tailor clothes to my uncommon build.

GMTmaster

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Paul. I'm new to this site. I am still making my way through the different threads and posts. I love watches. i am a very busy man, but I do find a few minutes at night to lurk and learn from all of you here. I'm glad to be part of this forum.

JamesBracken

Reaction score
I've been lurking the forums for some time now, I'm happy I finally bit the bullet and joined up. Styleforum has been one of my go-to sites for looking up reviews and tips and I am ecstatic to be part of this great community.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics