1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Arion

Arion Active Member

Hi! I've been lurking here for quite some time now. Particularly in the luxire topic. The time has come to get off the fence and place an order. Perhaps I will be able to contribute when I start receiving clothes from them.

2. sol123

sol123 Member

Hey everyone I'm Sol. Ive been lurking a couple of days and decided to join. Ive already learned lots from the posts here . I am looking forward to posting pics of some of my current comissions.

3. simplecapsule

simplecapsule New Member

Hi everyone!

Have been lurking around the forum for quite a while, but have only recently joined!

Hope to contribute and get as much help as possible!
    Thanks.

4. johnmichael95

johnmichael95 Member

Hey there,

My name's John, and i'm a student. I've been following the blog scene especially and GQ and askmen but just stumbled on this community last night. I'm super excited to have another group to come to for ideas and inspiration. My personal style is prep-inspired yet definitely midwestern-influenced. With that being said, I believe that style is what you feel most comfortable in and natural--its sometimes hard to put words to those attributes of personal style!

Thanks,
    -John

5. James Luck

James Luck New Member

Hello everyone!

James here. I am a Charlottesville, Virginia native who graduated Roanoke College in 2012. Since graduating college I got engaged (wedding is April 18th), started building a house, and started the lifestyle brand Charlee Luck (charleeluck.com). I started Charlee Luck because I believe the person makes the clothes rather than the clothes making the person. I built a brand around the belief that every day is about an appreciation for the good life; a nonspecific idea that is specified by the individual.

Currently, we offer neckwear, t-shirts, sweatshirts, polos, and hats. All of our neckwear is made in America. Our Game Day Bows are made by hand in Oregon, and I am currently working on getting button downs handmade in Pennsylvania.

I am joining SF to get advice, critique, connections, and growth. Looking forward to getting involved in the SF community!

Thanks for having me,

James

6. dolama

dolama Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm new in this forum and good manners suggest I introduce myself.
    I'm Italian (Napoli) but I spent my life roaming around the world since I was 1!
    I actually live in Frankfurt, Germany, and in May I'm going to relocate to Hong Kong as I got an interesting job offer over there.
    I'm passionate about all those little things that make my life more enjoyable: Cuban cigars, good wine, good brandy and, of course, a good looking elegant suit.
    I will ask a lot of suggestions and if I can, I will also give some with pleasure.

Enjoy life.

D.

7. beabbott21

beabbott21 New Member

Hello StyleForum,

My name is Blake. I've been following SF for awhile now and figured it was about time I join for real. I figured I ought to say "hi" here first so J knows I'm a real person.
    I'm a young professional just learning to dress like a responsible adult. As an engineer, I don't get much style help from my coworkers, so I look to you (mostly) knowledgeable fellows.

Thanks in advance for all of the advice and I look forward to someday being able to contribute more myself.

Regards,

Blake

8. Dachshund

Dachshund Senior member

Good afternoon, gentlemen,

I am Dachshund and I am based in London. I have enjoyed this site passively for a while and thought that I would get involved.

Best

D

9. thenitwit

thenitwit Well-Known Member

Hi guys!

I'm a student interested in digital security, networking and open source development. I've been a lurker for a long time and have been quite the brand whore. I'm tired of wasting money on rubbish that doesn't fit and was under the impression if I bought the items models wore in my size that I'd look as sharp (I know...I know...). Hoping to learn how to get properly fitting clothes and dress better.

Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute to threads with knowledge in the future.

A

10. rapho

rapho New Member

Hello,

I'm Raphael, 29 years old.

I'm interested by the men's fashion and I'm here to learn more about it :)

11. Noboru

Noboru New Member

So I've been lurking in the thrift thread for about two months now stealing tips and tricks, while trying to find at least a few good enough pieces in my backwoods nowheresville thrift stores to post. I've been largely unsuccessful, but will foist upon everyone pictures of my Hart Schaffner and Marx, Stafford, and Jos A Bank orphans in retaliation for all of you living in actual cities who can actually find a Zegna once in a while.

12. AlexandraJohnso

AlexandraJohnso New Member

Hi,

I'm Alexandra Deleon Johnson, 26 years old.

I'm here to learn more about hair and fashion styles

13. bohs ger

bohs ger New Member

gerry,am 52 and like ska,oi,punk and football/darts.also jaytex and brutus shirts.dress skinhead.

14. vjmc

vjmc Member

Hi, I'm Victor, a teen boy with an interest in the world of sophisticated style.

15. S T Y L E

S T Y L E New Member

Hello, I'm Donte', here to find more information about style.

16. AwesomeBro49

AwesomeBro49 Member

Hi, I'm Ryan, I'm in my late teens but I'm trying to build an awesome suit-orientated wardrobe with a traditional timeless style. Unfortunately my small stature and budget sometimes makes it difficult to find quality clothes that fit.

17. tingle27

tingle27 Member

Hi I'm tingle27 and I'm 16 years old. I am still rather new to male fashion in general, but I am starting to get a feel for the direction in which I want my style to go. I've already learned so much and I'm learning more every day!

18. AdamInMO

AdamInMO New Member

Hi all, I'm Adam. I'm in a weird place in life in that I weigh about 185 pounds, but less than two years ago I weighed 280 pounds. I'm 5'7 and have about 20 more pounds to lose, so I'm hesitant to commit to a wardrobe until I'm finished. In the meantime I am buying incredibly inexpensive clothes to make it through a summer full of weddings, parties, showers, and other social stuff. I am really looking to post outfits of cheap finds from eBay, and have the community tell me if it works or not. Looking forward to being active!

1 person likes this.
  19. sd2002

sd2002 Senior member

Hi I'm SD2002, 36, finished my school/training 3 years ago. Never had problems with suite/tie/shirts. Always got Canali of sale which was good enough, and when I started working I figured for anything more than Canali I just go for bespoke. I am here mainly for shoes' knowledge. After learning for last few weeks I took a leap and ordered Corthay Fantomas from their Dubai store :D

20. SammyDPTR

SammyDPTR New Member

From Chicago. Looking for some new fashion looks and styles. Enjoy a more comfortable but still stylish look. Love old vintage adidas. Do like Kanye's winter layered looks for the Chicago winters. Always comfortable. loose wood accessories, long necklaces. Have to love Jordans, but into boots and dress shoes. I like a trendy look with a little swag (hip-hop ish).. without sounding like a douche. haha Would love to meet some new people from Chicago as well. Big entrepreneur, interested in starting a brand.