Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. w101

w101 New Member

Hello,

Pleasured to be there. Fashion enthusiast, also very into art and music. Located in Warsaw, Poland, Europe.
    Nice to meet you guys.

2. jjmathews202

jjmathews202 New Member

hey all, jjmathews202 here.

i'm a college student who has been pretty interested in dressing sharp ever since I can remember, but i've really turned up the heat a bit since i've been at college. I love a pair of slim jeans, and am just foraying into the world of suiting and dress clothes.

Excited to be here!
    -JJ

3. despairingmum

despairingmum New Member

Hi all,

I'm despairingmum, from the UK. I joined the site in June 2013 after trying to find out more about a vintage pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and finding out a vintage Ray Ban expert is a menber on this site.

That being said i'm really interested about what it is you guys do here and am hoping to be a very active member on the site.

thanks alot

despairingmum

4. Marlowe1939

Marlowe1939 New Member

I'm Marlowe - I do all sorts of styles. I frequent thrift stores and sales racks. Whatever is comfortable and looks nice I will wear.

5. wish90

wish90 New Member

Hi, Im tina. 25. I just joined recently. Just really looking for answers to build up my confidence in insecurities about myself. So just asking for others thoughts and such. I plan to stay a part of the site for awhile though :) !!

6. StreekG

StreekG Member

Just joined. Hi all :)

Australian resident here, i live in Melbourne.
    I've undergone somewhat of a transformation since the end of March, with regards to the clothes i wear, i didn't completely change my direction, however the change i have made is for the better. Now i'm always on the lookout for new clothes to build up my current set of staples and what not. Look forward to chatting with you all.

7. Pongy

Pongy Member

Hi All

Used the site extensively as a guest reading on advice on purchasing a bespoke suit in London.

Mid 20s born and bred in London. Only recently started enjoying the finer sartorial things in life.

Have just posted pictures in one of my threads showing my baste fitting, would be grateful for any feedback!

P

8. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

Hey All,

I'm Nick, 30, born and bred in Toronto (if my username didn't make it clear). I work in television journalism, which means I can't afford most of what's posted here. Mainly looking to steal some ideas and tips and get an idea of what to look out for in case I see anything mentioned on sale.

Cheers.

9. SpartanStyle

SpartanStyle New Member

Hi all,

I'm 22 and just starting to get a good feel for men's clothes and have definitely learned a lot reading this forum. I currently reside in Ann Arbor, MI.

10. Bluetrane

Bluetrane New Member

Hello I'm young (according to local law I can consider myself as an adult person) man from poor and racist country in middle Europe, keen on design, architecture, music (jazz, experimental) and clothing.

11. Chopper88

Chopper88 Senior member

Hi, I'm 23 years old, from the Netherlands, and have been a long time (as far as one can be at the age of 23) admirer of classic mens fashion.

Recently I've taken the first steps into this world by taking the plunge and buying my first 'real' suit [​IMG]

I've been browsing these forums mostly to learn about suits, tailoring, shoes and everything else related.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013

12. runyourchain

runyourchain Senior member

Been a lurker for well over a year. Forums are great. Figured it's about time to participate.

13. velomatt

velomatt Well-Known Member

Well, I'm off to an inauspicious start on this forum. Having my first thread unceremoniously taken to the woodshed and deleted, maybe I'll try introducing myself here first.

I'm Matt. I'm 34, 5-11, work in academia but trying to make the move back to the private sector. And part of my strategy to do that is developing a bit more style. I've been reading this and other style websites for a while and figured I'd join the conversation.

I suppose my favorite watch (that I don't own) is this one from IWC: http://www.iwc.com/en/collection/portuguese/IW5001/

I consider the pursuit of fashion an exercise in futile vanity. I appreciate quality, durability and fit.

14. florinaonline

florinaonline New Member

Hai this is Florina Kelly From USA. Hope I will spend spectecular time here with other members.

15. IkeH

IkeH New Member

Hello, Im new here and quite glad Ive found these boards. Ive been a bit in the dark when it comes to dressing properly. Now im getting older and starting to appreciate the fine fabrics. I will more than likely lurk more than post here, but glad I know of some place to come for all things style.