1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. babilosenia

babilosenia Member

hey guys, i'm babilosenia, a high schooler trudging his way to college and looking to improve his style along the way. i'm really excited to be a part of the community. i hope we can have some good conversations.

2. dwingoon

dwingoon Member

Hey, I'm dwingoon. I'm a college student. My style is pretty much street+prep. I'm a giant soccer fan. I have expensive tastes lol and most disposable income go to clothes

3. bzzone

bzzone New Member

Hello All,
    I am Brian. I found SF while trying to explain Mens Style to my 8 year old son (one of two twins). I live in SoCal and I am a partner/owner of a technical consulting and training firm.

4. Quiglejm

Quiglejm Member

Hi SFers, I'm Matt and am joining in order to bolster my knowledge about where to buy suits and dress shirts and what to look for in construction quality. I'm in the process of transitioning my wardrobe from grad-school casual to NYC business casual, and I've found the opinions of members on the forum to be tremendously valuable as I begin the journey. Looking forward to a long tenure on SF!

5. dbechtel

dbechtel New Member

Hello all, I'm Dave, a style newbie looking to broaden my horizons as I head off to college this fall. I'm mostly interested in what most would consider casual attire, as I'm not attending a Southern school and don't desire to look too out of place. Looking forward to finding advice pertaining to smart shopping (college-budget friendly) and sprucing up everyday outfits.

6. 33rd

33rd New Member

Hello stylemen&women,

I'm 33rd, from the 3000.

For those who know postcodes, it's Melbourne, Australia.

Don't be afraid to ask if Kangaroos pounce innocent bystanders and if Koalas smoke pot.

(They do. I can answer many more questions and I appreciate it if y'all would answer mine)

7. bigtoy

bigtoy Member

Hey folks;
    I'm an Australian resident, old enough to have seen styles come and go, then come back again.
    I appreciate strong design and quality workmanship, especially shoes and suits.
    ps. And drop bears and punchy kangaroos do exist!

8. MatthewG18

MatthewG18 Active Member

Hey Guys, I've been here for like about two months now, i am an aussie :D . I'm a high school student current completing year 11, i feel i know a bit about men's apparel and what looks good.

9. z boy

z boy New Member

I'm Z Boy. I'm am average guy, not flashy or high profile. However, I love to travel the world. I like sneakers similar to that Converse or PF Flyers style. Basically, I'm a chill kind of guy.
    Peace,
    Z Boy

10. pierofilpi

pierofilpi New Member

Hey I'm Piero, I'm a college student and a custom clothier for a company called AMBespoke. I also just created a style blog, it's http://dressingdapper.wordpress.com/ check it out when you get the chance! I'm excited to see everything this website has to offer.

11. robrobrob

robrobrob New Member

Hi

I found this site by googling again and again what the deal with brown shoes and navy suit is

I still am not sure what the right answer is and bought black shoes instead

best,
    rob

12. erranttraveler

erranttraveler New Member

Hi All,

I'm Erranttraveler and I just moved to Hong Kong and decided to take the plunge and join up now that I'm in a city where I feel I can afford to delve into the world of custom tailored clothing. This site has been an invaluable resource, and I look forward to taking part in the discussions here.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013

13. grubi

grubi New Member

I'm grubi, a 39-year-old IT guy in Tallahassee, FL. I have two kids, three cats, and one wife. I got into dressing like a grownup about three years ago and have gone through the major stages: over-enthusiastic peacocking, frustrated size issues, readjusting, losing weight, and finally, getting better.

I work in environment in which t-shirts and shorts are acceptable work attire, but I have found myself preferring to wear button-up shirts (big fan of OCBDs), corduroys/chinos/jeans, and nice casual shoes (bucks, chucks, and brogues). I have found the value of owning multiple watches (it's more jewelry than timepiece), found myself getting more into shoes, and I've always been a hat guy. My wife and I have recently lost a lot of weight (ask me how someday) and we had to buy whole new wardrobes. Our combined experience and tastes (and her Jedi-like penchant for finding a bargain) find us in the planning stages for our own style-and-shopping consultation business, hoping to help people look great.

I hope to learn a lot here, get some great ideas (inspiration!), and hopefully make some friends. When it comes to style, I have my loyalties and preferences, but I love a good discussion. Thanks.

14. Henny BKK

Henny BKK New Member

Hi,

Have been lurking on here for quite a while and decided to become a member and contribute.

I am a US expat professional living in Bangkok, Thailand for the last 22 years. Love clothes and but put on a lot of weight living the "easy life" in Thailand. Down 120 pounds and now can wear off the rack clothes again and out of control purchasing clothing. Favorite shopping is online and Sawgrass outlet. .

Take care,

15. Louisechris

Louisechris New Member

Hello, every guy , I am happy to come here enjoy fashion, I am a big big fashion fan! Let us share fashion!!