1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Gandalf28

Gandalf28 New Member

Hello! I am Allen. Good to meet you all! I am new here. After a few bad experiences buy clothing, I thought it was high time to start doing some research and get better acquainted with fashion and style. I just started my career and I hold two jobs: one in the legal field and the other as a contractor for a major search engine. My work requires me to dress nice. My tastes are conservative and I like to get a good deal on things. I love technology and photography. I suppose that will do for now.

2. Buitenspel

Buitenspel Member

Hey everyone, my name is Sander and I am 23 years old and about to obtain my master degree from the University in Finance. I absolutely adore sports such as running, football (soccer), biking and actually any competitive sport. Furthermore, I listen to music as much as I can (mostly 80s). Looking at clothing, I really like business casual, and I dress myself rather 'formal' in my normal day life as well (CDB, nice jeans, OCBD (light blue), grey pullover is an example). Currently I am expanding my wardrobe and would love some advice! Thanks for reading.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  3. stealthy

stealthy New Member

Hi I'm Rick and I'm interested in technical gear that blend into modern style. Looking forward to the wealth of information here.

4. tim the baotman

tim the baotman Member

hello everyone im tim, and like many of you i like to dress nice, mainly in a classic style. i am also into boating, i mean really into boating.

looking forward to talking to some of you on the forums

have a good day

5. BlackOUT

BlackOUT Member

Hello, I am Adam I come across posts on this site on various occasions so wanted to join and offer up and get advice. Style wise, I woudln't say I am a trendy or classic dresser, I like to cut my own path, don't really like wearing what you see the herd typically wearing.

6. Gajsek

Gajsek Senior member

Hello, I'm Jakob, 22, from Slovenia. Currently studying at the University of Edinburgh - doing a Masters in Sustainable Energy.
    I've been reaing this forum a bit and finally decided to join!
    I'm very much into what one could call "classic" clothing, I like black tie, and the like. Edinburgh, with its abundance of charity shops and relative wealth is an amazing place to be for a student on a budget who likes that sort of thing! I'll share some of my finds in your excellent Thrift finds thread, when I get round to photographing it all.

7. prez

prez Senior member

Hi guys, my name is George from Athens, Greece. Alden fan. I've been reading the forum for some time now & decided to join.

8. Styledaan

Styledaan New Member

My name is Dana.
    I am a male.
    I currently live in the Midwest.
    I was an East-coaster for many years.
    I am older.
    I rock neck wear (bow ties, bolos, ties of all types, everything but the cravats).
    My outfits are based on the choice of neck wear.
    I like brown leather that is not uniform in color.
    I often do my own alterations.
    I am weird but that can be kind of interesting to read.

9. jackgb1980

jackgb1980 Member

whats up everyone, its nice to meet all. i am a simple guy with simple tastes.

10. dygital

dygital Member

Sup everyone! Been a lurker for a few months. finally decided to make an account haha!

11. dappertimes

dappertimes Well-Known Member

Menswear aficionado here. Seems like a great community here.

12. NicNac

NicNac Well-Known Member

Good day,

My name is Nick and I live in the Great White North (Canada). I am in sales and can appreciate the craftsmanship and quality that go into certain products. My interests include cars, watches, writing instruments, premium denim, suits and now shoes.

I am interested in products that deserve a premium price but always challenge myself to find the best deal possible. I can spend days researching and waiting, until what I want goes on sale.

I recently used what I learned on this site to purchase my first pair of Allen Edmonds boots. I think that it is a great forum to learn from and for people to share their passion for certain things.

Thanks all for now. I am looking forward to share my opinions and experiences with you all!

Nick

13. Mayor of Memphi

Mayor of Memphi Member

Hello Gents,

I'm a college senior who is just entering the world of dressing nice on a semi-regular basis. I am working in the world of sports, so most days I am wearing sweats, but I like to look sharp when I go out as well as wearing suits on gameday.

I only have 2 suits at the moment, I like them both but I need to expand so at the least I don't wear them out to soon. I have ordered several shirts from Charles Tyrwhitt that I really like, and have about 10 ties of which I like 4 or 5 of them.

Any advice you gentlemen have on building a wardrobe on a VERY limited budget would be much appreciated.

Jon

14. MW-11

MW-11 Member

Hi

I am still developing my style and am hopefully improving my taste every year.

15. bloodyj13

bloodyj13 Senior member

Hi everybody

This is Boris and I'm living in HK. I'm an admin staff of a real estate developer and a frequent flyer for business trip. Being a middle-aged, other than suits, my wardrobe tend to be occupied by blazer and jacket style clothing, therefore currently i'm exploring some good tailors and good fabric in HK for suit.

16. melvynt

melvynt New Member

Hi everyone. I'm Melvyn, and recently I've been into watches and fashion. Check out my Pinterest at melvyntay.

17. Rockhand

Rockhand New Member

G'day, been lurking for a few weeks, so much great stuff on here.

Couple of years out of uni and currently living in Japan. Trying to take this opportunity to lift my fashion game a little.

Mostly wear business casual to work and streetwear outside.

18. Jonathan413

Jonathan413 Member

Hi I'm Jonathan from Hong Kong. I'm here to lose money (or earn which I'm not sure haha) and looking for some cool outfits.
    I think I'm in the right place :)

19. CoveOps

CoveOps Member

Hi I'm Justin,

I love fashion, travelling and meeting new people.

I'm the blog manager for an underwear website, therefore, I can kind of be your reference in the industry, if you have any questions! ;)

Have a nice day!

20. baptiste

baptiste Member

Hi everyone,
    I am Baptiste and I am from France, Paris. I usually read french forum and blog but I would like to enlarge my scope.
    I am keen on shoes and sport jacket.
    Kind regards
    Baptiste