Introduce yourself.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Aug 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. goodnet

goodnet New Member

Hi, I joined this forum because I've become increasingly more interested in my own fashion and what I project to the outside world. I do sales, and I want to learn as much as I can so I invest my money wisely in some good custom tailored suits, and evening wear.

2. Chunkylover77

Chunkylover77 New Member

Hello. My name is Ken and I am a style disaster. Style to me used to be khaki's and a golf shirt. To be really bold I would throw on some boat shoes. Recently my work has changed to a business casual dress code which has necessitated the need for a new wardrobe.

I have purchased a few shirts from Jos A Bank on sale and a few pants from Mens Wearhouse as well. Nothing really nice but stuff that I won't be embarrassed to wear to work. It was when I decided I needed to get some shoes that I ventured into the style forums. My first thoughts were a nice pair of Cole Haans. I started reading the forum and found out that CH were not highly regarded. I have now got my eyes on some Allen Edmonds.

I will probably ask a bunch of stupid questions and I apologize in advance. I truly have zero fashion sense. I will read the forums quite a bit and hopefully not bother you too much.

3. aythsu

aythsu New Member

Hello, my name is Avery. I've only just recently gotten into the world of clothing and building up knowledge to build a wardrobe for myself. Throughout this process, I hope to establish my own style.

4. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am interested in bespoke suits, dress shoes, boots as well as watches. Wish to learn something from u guys and share with u too when I am ready.

5. Parmezans

Parmezans Member

Hi guys. :)
    I'm 19 years old and a freshman in college.
    I recently started paying attention to my style, reading style blogs
    and forums, finding out about proper fit, colors etc.

6. skylerp

skylerp New Member

hi everyone - i'm 16, i'm a bit of a sweater junkie, j. crew is a favorite but i like all kinds. lambswool and merino are personal favorites in terms of material. that's really all i'm here for!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013

7. BossMoore

BossMoore Member

Hey, I'm 19 years old and I'm freshman in college. I just recently started worrying about my style and my image. I hope this forum can help me take take my wardrobe to the next level.

8. scubaru

scubaru Active Member

Already posted in the forum but why not post about me.

I'm a 23 yr old college senior for Manufacturing Engineering.

I race my Subaru WRX in AutoX, scuba dive, camp, climb, travel and try to enjoy what I can from my last few months as a college guy!

9. kinglogzz

kinglogzz New Member

Hey my name is King. I love pink dolphin, bape, and thats it for streetwear. And way wear. I like hugo boss and john varvatos

Finally there is a fresh organic street wear brand!! WAY WEAR ORGANICS from San Clemente, CA has taken over.

The owner is 21 and has financed it himself. The clothes are soo fresh and new. The only WAY to describe WAY WEAR Summer ’13 line is a dash of high class hip hop and the imagery of the the beach life. www.waywearlife.com

10. kinglogzz

kinglogzz New Member

are there waves right now

11. kinglogzz

kinglogzz New Member

are there waves right now

12. Cashmir

Cashmir New Member

hello I'm Ian. I joined this forum to talk about clothes, maybe post some fits, and occasionally use the marketplace to find items I can't find elsewhere. I live in the midwest and work in the clothing industry.

13. metrofleece

metrofleece New Member

Hi I'm from the east coast...Brooklyn, NY

I work in wall street so I'm usually dressed up in khakis, button down and tie during the week. On the weekends I keep it casual.

I also started my own tie company. All handcrafted in Brooklyn. Check out the instagram and follow:

@v_emmmanuel

I love clothes and that's why I joined styleforum

14. MarkD

MarkD New Member

Hey everyone, I'm Mark. I'm 26 and work as an engineer in Orlando, FL - it's a bit of a sartorial wasteland, but at least we've got an Allen Edmonds store. I'm starting to get in the habit of dumping my expendable income into nicer clothing, and I figured it was time to sign up here after lurking for a while.

15. makeupwords

makeupwords New Member

Hello all.

I'm 32 and live in New York City. I'm originally from a dairy farming town in the middle of the country but I now know Brooklyn as my home. I'm a designer (graphic, not fashion) and I've worked with, and for, some fashion brands in addition to having lots of peers involved in the industry.

I'm just looking to better understand classic men's fashion and give myself the knowledge to buy great pieces and have a strong and reliable wardrobe that ranged from nicely tailored suits to classic weekend casual wear.

I used to reject "dressing up" as teenager who loved punk rock and being different, and I guess I haven't changed much except that as a designer, we are expected to look a certain way. To dress down, to wear that graphic t-shirt with the blazer and some converse (if you are getting fancy for a meeting). For those reasons, I wanted to dress nicer. I didn't want to wear cargo shorts and old band t-shirts everyday like I was perpetually in art school.

I'm not interested in wearing a brand, but i'm interested in the quality that can come with it. I'd choose well made and no-name over hastily made and brand-name. That said, the best shopping experience Iv'e had was at the Paul Smith store in SoHo and I've found in the last few years that when you put on something that truly fits, it's special and you recognize it right away. That's the feeling i'm looking for now when I buy new clothes.

I hope I can learn a lot on this forum and maybe even share some thoughts with everyone.

Best